Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Riding without sunglasses

forum for kitesurfers


User avatar
LetsFlyaKite
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 615
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:55 pm
Kiting since: 2015
Style: Aggressive
Gear: Nothing Yet
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Hawaii

Re: Riding without sunglasses

Postby LetsFlyaKite » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:31 pm

Kamikuza wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:30 pm
Don't need to read the whole thread, just start with your kewl meme at the bottom of page 4 that shows you were completely unaware of either ANSI Z87 or the MIL-PRF standards, or that there ARE even such things as standards that describe bulletproof lenses.

When the video was posted showing what the ANSI standard means, suddenly "it's a different company, nice try". Even though that is THE SAME TEST the Spy glasses pass that gives them the ANSI rating!

When someone else points out what the MILITARY spec means, suddenly it's "that's what I meant".

Ri-iiight :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And if you REALLY want actual bulletproof glasses, there are plenty of brands out there. Now you know what to look for :lol:

Read the thread again, pullpenis posted a picture of spy sunglasses and said they were bulletproof. When I called him out on it he then proceeded to post 3 videos of bulletproof glasses that were NOT Spy sunglasses. A completely different brand to pretend like he had a point. And when I called him out on that your dumbass decides to jump in and save him even though he is completely wrong.

So just stop right now, the more you talk the more deeper your digging yourself. Everyone around here already thinks you're an idiot, there is no need to confirm it

Have a nice day

knotwindy
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1040
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:49 am
Kiting since: 2007
Local Beach: baja, gorge
Style: erratic to none
Gear: yes, I use gear
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Riding without sunglasses

Postby knotwindy » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:28 pm

LFAK
what is wrong with you? Or are you 9 years old? Or just a troll?

PullStrings
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 907
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:54 pm
Gear: what works for the day

Re: Riding without sunglasses

Postby PullStrings » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:21 pm

knotwindy wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:28 pm
LFAK
what is wrong with you? Or are you 9 years old? Or just a troll?
:thumb:

User avatar
LetsFlyaKite
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 615
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:55 pm
Kiting since: 2015
Style: Aggressive
Gear: Nothing Yet
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Hawaii

Re: Riding without sunglasses

Postby LetsFlyaKite » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:25 pm

knotwindy wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:28 pm
LFAK
what is wrong with you? Or are you 9 years old? Or just a troll?
Did you read anything that was going on in this thread? Because it sure doesn't look like it. Pullpenis is posting fake shit and when he gets called out on it he pretends like he has a valid point. Meanwhile all his little pony friends are trying to defend him saying that I don't know what i'm talking about.

Those are the trolls of this board, not me. Shouldn't you be asking them?

This is the worst forum I have ever been a member of, whenever you try to help someone realize the right way of doing something you get flamed immediately. And not just by the person you're helping, by everyone on the freaking thread. I don't deserve this, I am a very cool guy, and everyone that kites on my beach loves who I am. If anyone ever met me in person I'm sure they wouldn't be saying this crap on the forums that I have to read every single fucking day. It's making me sick and I don't need it.

knotwindy
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1040
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:49 am
Kiting since: 2007
Local Beach: baja, gorge
Style: erratic to none
Gear: yes, I use gear
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Riding without sunglasses

Postby knotwindy » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:38 pm

Yea, read enough
KRoy wrote sunglasses helped protect someone's eyes
You wrote yea, now you can have bits of glass in your eye as well
Then lots of other folks wrote you can get shatterproof lenses
Then you lost your mind and felt attacked

LFAK, Let me break down what this sounds like to others for you
You say:
I am always right
If you disagree with me you are an idiot (actually lots of name calling at this point)
I am the greatest, coolest guy.
Why do people pick on me here?

Sound childish? Silly? Sorry, that's just how it sounds.

I'm now out of this, again, so no need to reply to me.👋

PullStrings
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 907
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:54 pm
Gear: what works for the day

Re: Riding without sunglasses

Postby PullStrings » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:20 am

Spoke to my eye doc today and he says to tell you Mr.Skeptic that "yes" the impact strength of the Spy lenses Ansi-z87.1 are just as strong as those in the non Spy videos posted here.
He further said that the reason lenses like that don't shatter in pieces is not only because they are made of polycarbonate material

They have a steep curve to them that acts like a dome for extra strength and the lenses edges fit into a deeper groove for maximum lens retention
Also they are 2.0 mm at the outer edges with a center of 2.2 and at bridge 2.4 and that adds more strength ( he calls that process decentered or prismatic compensated for stress free vision)
And finally he says since the lenses are laminated / sandwiched with a polarized film it will absorb even more energy

Take my doc's word for it

Advice for you LFAK....don't give people so much FLAK (criticism)

User avatar
Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 5455
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:49 am
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Re: Riding without sunglasses

Postby Kamikuza » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:23 am

LetsFlyaKite wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:31 pm
Kamikuza wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:30 pm
Don't need to read the whole thread, just start with your kewl meme at the bottom of page 4 that shows you were completely unaware of either ANSI Z87 or the MIL-PRF standards, or that there ARE even such things as standards that describe bulletproof lenses.

When the video was posted showing what the ANSI standard means, suddenly "it's a different company, nice try". Even though that is THE SAME TEST the Spy glasses pass that gives them the ANSI rating!

When someone else points out what the MILITARY spec means, suddenly it's "that's what I meant".

Ri-iiight
And if you REALLY want actual bulletproof glasses, there are plenty of brands out there. Now you know what to look for :lol:
Read the thread again, pullpenis posted a picture of spy sunglasses and said they were bulletproof. When I called him out on it he then proceeded to post 3 videos of bulletproof glasses that were NOT Spy sunglasses. A completely different brand to pretend like he had a point. And when I called him out on that your dumbass decides to jump in and save him even though he is completely wrong.

So just stop right now, the more you talk the more deeper your digging yourself. Everyone around here already thinks you're an idiot, there is no need to confirm it

Have a nice day
:lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:

The ANSI standard is an independent test.

The test is the for all brands and products.

Any brand that passes the test is credited with the rating.

Therefore, all brands with the rating are at the very least, equivalent.

So a video showing the testing for brand A is going to look very similar to the same testing on brand B :lol: This isn't a matter of opinion.

Image

It's admirable that you want to help people, but posting sarcastic memes that demonstrate your ignorance isn't the way to do it, and throwing tantrums when you get called on it isn't the way to handle it. This is a great forum, with minimal interference by mod(s), with some very sharp people and accomplished riders contributing. If you're wrong, man up and accept it.

Wait hang on -- is that you, Steve?

User avatar
Bille
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 3182
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:37 pm
Kiting since: 2003
Local Beach: Lake Mohave
Gear: Ozone Edge
Brand Affiliation: Barz Optics
Jaybar Dynabar V7

Re: Riding without sunglasses

Postby Bille » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:50 pm

Kamikuza wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:23 am
...
This is a great forum, with minimal interference by mod(s), with some very sharp people and accomplished riders contributing. If you're wrong, man up and accept it.

...
Toby is the most tolerant mod Ever ; you got to screw-Up really bad, to
get tossed off this forum !! :thumb:

Bille

User avatar
K-Roy
Medium Poster
Posts: 156
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:42 pm
Kiting since: 2013
Local Beach: Lake Balaton
Taiba, Brasil
Favorite Beaches: Cumbuco to Jeri
Style: strapless SB & strapless FB
Gear: Fone Bandit and Diablo V.1
FW Vader, OR Duke, Fone foil
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Riding without sunglasses

Postby K-Roy » Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:15 pm

Déjá vu...
(same discussion from 2008.)

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2350311

User avatar
LetsFlyaKite
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 615
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:55 pm
Kiting since: 2015
Style: Aggressive
Gear: Nothing Yet
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Hawaii

Re: Riding without sunglasses

Postby LetsFlyaKite » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:31 pm

Kamikuza wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:23 am
:lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:

The ANSI standard is an independent test.

The test is the for all brands and products.

Any brand that passes the test is credited with the rating.

Therefore, all brands with the rating are at the very least, equivalent.

So a video showing the testing for brand A is going to look very similar to the same testing on brand B :lol: This isn't a matter of opinion.


It's admirable that you want to help people, but posting sarcastic memes that demonstrate your ignorance isn't the way to do it, and throwing tantrums when you get called on it isn't the way to handle it. This is a great forum, with minimal interference by mod(s), with some very sharp people and accomplished riders contributing. If you're wrong, man up and accept it.

Wait hang on -- is that you, Steve?
Ansi means that it can withstand a metal ball traveling at 100mph. Does this sound like a bullet to you? It sounds more like a bb gun to me. And if you think for one second I am not going to defend myself then you are dead wrong. When someone calls me out I am going to respond, I don't sit there and hide, I go out and see what the problem is. If that's the way you do things I feel sorry for you, and I hope you never end up in prison.
knotwindy wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:38 pm
LFAK, Let me break down what this sounds like to others for you
You say:
I am always right
If you disagree with me you are an idiot (actually lots of name calling at this point)
I am the greatest, coolest guy.
Why do people pick on me here?

Sound childish? Silly? Sorry, that's just how it sounds.

I'm now out of this, again, so no need to reply to me.👋
I don't say i'm always right, there have been times I have been wrong. And I own up to every single mistake I have made like a man.

I have never once in my life said if you don't agree with me then you are an idiot. That's bullshit.

Yes I am a very cool guy you got that right. But when it's time to defend myself, it's time to defend. Even if you don't like it.

I think I have an idea of why everyone wants to pick on me. It's because they can't handle being wrong like a man and owning up to their mistakes. And I realize there is going to be people like that on every forum, but this forum is flooded with them.
PullStrings wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:20 am
Spoke to my eye doc today and he says to tell you Mr.Skeptic that "yes" the impact strength of the Spy lenses Ansi-z87.1 are just as strong as those in the non Spy videos posted here.
He further said that the reason lenses like that don't shatter in pieces is not only because they are made of polycarbonate material

They have a steep curve to them that acts like a dome for extra strength and the lenses edges fit into a deeper groove for maximum lens retention
Also they are 2.0 mm at the outer edges with a center of 2.2 and at bridge 2.4 and that adds more strength ( he calls that process decentered or prismatic compensated for stress free vision)
And finally he says since the lenses are laminated / sandwiched with a polarized film it will absorb even more energy

Take my doc's word for it

Advice for you LFAK....don't give people so much FLAK (criticism)
How does he know? Did he take a gun and shoot himself in the eye with it? I'm sorry man, but your doctor didn't do any testing. He's pretending like he knows because those glasses have the little Ansi-z87 sticker on it which means it has impact strength like you said, BUT, it isn't bulletproof, like you have insinuated by posting those videos. And lets say they really are bulletproof, do you think the lenses will stay inside the frame when a bullet hits it? Hell no, that shit is going to pop right out and poke someone's eye out.

And when you think about it, it's not very smart posting videos like that because someone could get hurt trying to show their friends just how "bulletproof" their glasses are. You need to take down that posting, because it's also a liability issue. This is also another reason I have had to make it very clear that those glasses AREN"T bulletproof. I would hate to see you get sued over your posting, or thrown in prison where you know what will happen to your ass.

See I actually care about people like you on this forum, and that's why I go out of my way to make sure everyone get's the correct information. Because I don't want to see anyone get hurt.

Do you see where i'm coming from? I hope you have learned a big lesson from all this. And please next time, let everyone know that any video not related to the topic is not related to the topic. Don't trick us into making us believe that something irrelevant is the same as what is being discussed.

Have a good day


Return to “Kitesurfing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], eytan, jasontsai, Jwoo, knotwindy, SonnyRider and 26 guests