Firewire Vanguard 5'2
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: F-One 800 foil turned to mush in one session

Postby BudhaNl » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:36 pm

RhoneF wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:31 pm
BudhaNl wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:26 pm
So you haven't even checked in with the dealer who sold it to you but start complaining online already? Faux pas, I think you know what that means.
Im sorry I upset you because of my account of my first experience of a brand new product, I was not complaining about the dealer, brand, or anything, just surprised about 2000 bucks flying out the window on day one.
Of course it sucks to have a new product not function as expected. It happens, manufacturing is not always 100%. You then take it up with the dealer, not the internet. You have now put blame on F-One for something that may or not may be a rare issue and have given them no opportunity to fix it. That's a faux pas plain and easy, as others have now told you as well. They (and I) hope it will be resolved nonetheless.
Gonzolinho wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:53 pm

Hey fanboy! calm down. This is a forum and he can post his experience if he wants to
Just because you can do something doesn't mean you have to do it. For instance I could call you a little muppet but what good would that do? Even though I'm technically right. :wink:

Gonzolinho
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2050
Gear: too much

Postby Gonzolinho » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:45 pm

BudhaNl wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:36 pm

Just because you can do something doesn't mean you have to do it. For instance I could call you a little muppet but what good would that do? Even though I'm technically right. :wink:

Well, that´s your opinion. Go and find somebody that cares about it :bye:

BudhaNl
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2008
Local Beach: WaZ Noordpier
IJmuiden
Gear: Naish Pivot 2016: 5-7, 2015: 10
F-One Trax 2014
Firewire Vanguard 5'2

Postby BudhaNl » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:41 pm

Gonzolinho wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:45 pm
BudhaNl wrote:

Bye bye, thanks for adding absolutely nothing. Next time you want to write a post you'd better reconsider beforehand whether your participation is beneficial to anyone but your ego.

Gonzolinho
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2050
Gear: too much

Postby Gonzolinho » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:30 am

BudhaNl wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:41 pm

Bye bye, thanks for adding absolutely nothing. Next time you want to write a post you'd better reconsider beforehand whether your participation is beneficial to anyone but your ego.
Same compliment back to you. You initial post has looooots of input to the topic itself.
You´re kinda funny :rollgrin:

haare
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: Lahti, Finland
Favorite Beaches: Egypt - Marsa Alam
Style: snowskite, freestyle
Gear: Pansh A15 12m
FS Speed 3 15m
FS Speed 15m
FS Split L
Liquid force foil Fish

Postby haare » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:58 pm

BudhaNl wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:41 pm
Gonzolinho wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:45 pm
BudhaNl wrote:

Actually your arrogant and rude comments are definitely not needed here. Relax and go rather kiting than harrass people here.

BudhaNl
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2008
Local Beach: WaZ Noordpier
IJmuiden
Gear: Naish Pivot 2016: 5-7, 2015: 10
F-One Trax 2014
Firewire Vanguard 5'2

Postby BudhaNl » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:33 pm

haare wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:58 pm

Actually your arrogant and rude comments are definitely not needed here. Relax and go rather kiting than harrass people here.
Maybe you should read back and see who started name-calling. It's on the first page. Those who dish out can expect a return in kind. You seem to want to go the same way calling my comments arrogant and rude. Please explain to me what part of my initial statement, or the subsequent one, is arrogant and rude?

Luchini
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Gear: Flysurfer Boost, F-one Freeride Foil

Postby Luchini » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:17 pm

First off all I don't want to harm any brand, I just want to post my experience so other user can consider this if they want by making a decision for new material or let people know solutions by having the same problem.
Because I also would appreciate that especially if I would know that I’m not the only one with this kind of problems.
Anyway I got 2 F-one foils at home. My personal one is the carbon freeride 600 were also the front wing cracked at the attachment point. It's starts slowly but disassembling was getting harder and harder and the wing was getting more play while being assembled. Because I had slightly hits I thought it comes from that, but i also ride strapless so there wasn't much force on that. So I also thought to send it back but my experience with these kind of things wasn't so good and the lead time from F-one isn't that good (still waiting for the beginner mast since 5 Month) and I don't want to wait month for replacement.

So I decide to put a plug in the front and fill up the hole with epoxy from the other side and put slightly pressure on it so it quills thru those cracks. After that I open the plug and let the rest of the epoxy run out.
Until know it works ...

james
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: Slingshot

Postby james » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:43 am

After all of that, you have damaged the wings by crashing into shit....

And you want people to consider your post before buying...😳

Luchini
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Gear: Flysurfer Boost, F-one Freeride Foil

Postby Luchini » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:22 pm

That's your opinion but it's quite impressive that by not knowing me to judge how I damage my stuff. We certainly all hit some fish, weed, little brushes but all of my mates don't have this problem. Neither the other 800 F-one front wing.

I respect your and I stick to my point of view. :argue:

Peert
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2012
Local Beach: Kijkduin, IJmuiden, Schellinkhout, Wijk aan Zee, Pampus, Mirns.
Style: Freeride
Gear: Cypher 7 & Cypher 9, Reo 8m, Naish Trip 10m, Switch NitroII 10m Pansh A15 12m Modded Waroo 14m.
Mako 135x38 Mako 140x40 & Mako King 165x45, Crazyfly Bulldozer, Mitu convertible 5.8 & TKF manta Hydrofoil

Postby Peert » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:16 pm

I have hit the bottom a couple of times with my TKF Manta.
No problem at all. Just some scratches to the tips of the front wing.

There are differences in toughness between foils. But one should consider it is also a trade off..

Return to “Hydrofoil”