Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Chinese KB Hydrofoil : 300 USD + shipment

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
clint2070
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Strand,Tourmaline,Stinkz,Belmont,Seal.
Favorite Beaches: C St, Naish beach, tourmaline,Strand, cabarete, San Quintin, La Ventana,Rauls,Nungas,Mancora,
Style: surf, freeride
Gear: Naish, Firewire, ride engine,Ford,liquid force, Zeeko.Tomo,
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Chinese KB Hydrofoil : 300 USD + shipment

Postby clint2070 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:01 am

so ? is it worth buying ? I can't sort through the mess

spork
Very Frequent Poster

Postby spork » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:42 am

Personally I'd be trying to find some others that are interested if they'd combine shipping. But it doesn't look like there's any meaningful discount on shipping for multiple units.

At the moment I'm glassing a set of wood wings I got from Clearwaterfoils.com
If they work out OK I plan to experiment with my own wood designs that I plan to shape at the TechShop on the ShopBot CNC router.
I think I might also shape a set out of G10.

jespin4845
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Worth, FL
Jupiter, FL
Style: Freeride/surf
Gear: kites and boards

Postby jespin4845 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:47 am

but has anyone ordered the takuma clone?

vman
Frequent Poster
Gear: Airush, Gaastra, Nobile
Brand Affiliation: Airush, Gaastra, Nobile
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby vman » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:00 pm

up till now Im still wondering if anyone with relevant experience has given the foil a ride. My questions would be ,
is it stable?
is it fast?
is it more of a free ride wing?
Is it light?
hows the workmanship ?

tks

gbrungra
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Stinky's, San Diego, CA, USA, and Nantucket, MA, USA
Gear: Griffin 17m TRX 2014, Cabrihna 12m Vector 2014, TTs, Camet 160 and SS Hoverglide

Postby gbrungra » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:31 pm

This thread got too long for me.

Can someone please start a new one when I can buy a decent Chinese knock-off foil for $300?

Looks like most on AliExpress are either slingshot or GoFoil knockoffs? Besides GoFoil, which foils on the market seem way overpriced(good targets for the Chinese to knock off)?

I'm really looking forward to the e-foils getting knocked off...

james
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: My own
Brand Affiliation: My own

Postby james » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:38 pm

I am really looking forward to people not wanting to encourage the rip off of the hard work of Others just to get one over "the man". Also starting uninfirmed threads on a forum paid for by the same companies that your want to see ripped off is a stupid as it gets but hey...

longwhitecloud
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Master Baiter. Oracle of windsport.
Gear: 2 sets of Flysurfer VMGs 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 15, 18. Foilboards ( Masts 75 90 110 125 Wings 880 950 1100 1350 1750) all with Ronix Ones attached. Soon to retire to Wingfoiling.

Postby longwhitecloud » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:17 am

Sad in some ways, but the world is changing - adapt or go bust. Even Google apple etc are about to get a big shock due to recent developments in technology.

Easy to ship and low very low cost of labour and materials, nothing will stop it - not censorship, morals or business propaganda.

alexrider
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: foils and foils

Postby alexrider » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:24 am

Why do you call "rip-off" making the sport accessible to the greater number? Don't you have anything made in China in your home because it's better value? Isn't selling something that costs 10 times that of procicing it a patent "rip-off"? That's what free competition is about, and pretend to "protect" invention with frauds like the notion of "intellectual property" and copyrights is only protecting monopoly, the worst thing that can happen to creativity. Invention isn't anyway in the case with most if not all brands. If we want to beat the Chinese, and justify our exorbitant prices, lets produce exceedingly better product and keep-up the pace of invention.
I'm not worried the Chinese will kill the business and the sport. On the contrary, it will revitalise it. Remember foiling really took off the day prices went down radically with alu products.
Passion will remain, and that's what drives our real creators... More than profit, fortunately. Fame and profit come naturally as a natural by-product of creation. If it's the aim, you understand why we're getting Justin Bieber and Britney Spears as our musical models.
Furthemore, if it's an uninformed thread, what are you worried about? Are YOU somewhat informed that kiteforum is paid by the Chinese companies mentioned?
:cool2:
james wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:38 pm
I am really looking forward to people not wanting to encourage the rip off of the hard work of Others just to get one over "the man". Also starting uninfirmed threads on a forum paid for by the same companies that your want to see ripped off is a stupid as it gets but hey...

james
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: My own
Brand Affiliation: My own

Postby james » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:18 pm

Ok buying a blatant copy of someone else's work is essentially a shitty thing to do.

This forum survives on advertising revenue from the brands that are now having their product copied in china.

Hey maybe I put a value in the hard work of others and you don't, no one is judging if that where your morals sit

borist
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0

Postby borist » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:08 pm

alexrider wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:24 am
Are YOU somewhat informed that kiteforum is paid by the Chinese companies mentioned?
:cool2:
james wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:38 pm
Also starting uninfirmed threads on a forum paid for by the same companies that your want to see ripped off is a stupid as it gets but hey...
Obviously you don't understand what james wrote.

Return to “Hydrofoil”