Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Ozone vs Core

forum for kitesurfers


grigorib
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 974
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:12 pm
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: Clinton Lake, IL; Lake Michigan; Tawas, MI; OBX; SPI
Gear: Kites: Slingshot Rally 5/7/9/11m, Slingshot Turbine 9m, Flysurfer Speed4 10m, Peter Lynn Venom II ARC 16m
Boards: Spleene RIP 37, Flysurfer Flydoor5 XL, Moses 71cm/42” masts 590/633 wings, Slingshot Dwarfcraft 42", MBS Comp 95x

For sale: MHL Lift 2013, Slingshot Coupe 6'
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Ozone vs Core

Postby grigorib » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:51 am

Kinda rude...

dwarf
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 505
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:10 pm

Re: Ozone vs Core

Postby dwarf » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:55 am

stenner wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:26 am
I have to say how disappointed I am to many of the responses to my initial query. I thought I was asking a fairly simple question about three kites. As I mentioned I like the idea of Ozone because they have control of their own manufacturing facility. I picked two models, the Catalyst and the Enduro, both reasonable choices for my ability.
I also asked about the Core XR5, a kite know for boosting but also as an easy riding all -arounder with massive range (important to me), again well within my experience range and a company that is know for high quality and like Ozone, control over their own factory. Sure there are many other excellent kites out there but again l narrowed the topic to those three because those are what I'm interested in simple as that. Yeah my picks are more pricey than some others but what the f*** do you care? That was my question and some of you come back with stupid remarks about status or snobbery being the motivation. I shouldn't need to defend asking about a brand and who cares if I decide to spend an extra couple hundred on a kite, it's my fucking money!
I regret even asking because of all the pettyness over such a simple question, this should have been a fun conversation.
Please leave me out in further discussions, I withdraw my question.
Its a forum mate. That means you will see blatant pimping, keyboard warriors and in between some genuine good advise. Of the 3 kites, the Enduro will be the best allround performer. If you want a similar Core kite you should look at a GTS. XR5 will boost great but is not an allround wing would be shit for waves, kiteloops or unhooked. Same goes for an Ozone Edge. Understand the Catalist is beginner friendly but might bore you once you progress. Fully agree with you on the budget commotion being BS. I would also not care if a kite is $200 more if I truely like how it flies.

Matteo V
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 778
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:42 pm
Kiting since: 2008
Local Beach: US, Iowa/Nebraska/Kansas/Utah/Oregon Coast
Favorite Beaches: Ft. Stevens, North coast of Oregon
Style: Just like school in summertime
Gear: Delta Kites and LF Kitefish QuadMod
Snowboard (Cambered and Rockered)
Foil kites on the snow
Brand Affiliation: NONE F--- the corporate world

Re: Ozone vs Core

Postby Matteo V » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:05 pm

stenner wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:26 am
I have to say how disappointed I am to many of the responses to my initial query. I thought I was asking a fairly simple question about three kites.
I am sorry you are disappointed with responses, and likely you feel disappointed with my responses. My intent is not to discourage you. And I wish you the best with your selection.

However, a forum is a discussion. Your topic will be discussed by many with opposing views. Hopefully you can sift through those views and learn. And "to learn" is a major part of why almost all of us contribute here.

The big take away for you should be that when you ask a question, you may have the question itself examined. Please be more clear that you do not want opinions on other kite brands, and that you are dead set on certain brands only. Also, being more specific as to venue, your aspirations for style, and other riders in your area will help narrow the responses more to what you are looking for.

I have to stress that I mean no disrespect by this next part, and I even thought of not saying it as I do not wish to discourage you from forum participation. New contributors are valued highly by myself and the majority or other experienced kiters. But if you wanted straight up pimping of the kites you are looking at, talk to an Ozone or Core rep, shop, team rider, or someone trying to sell you a used kite of that brand. They are the most likely ones to tell you that a particular kite is the "right one" for you.

If you want someone to point out the holes in your argument or line of thinking, this is the place for that. And it is certainly not a safe place from criticism.

At that, I must thank you for sparking this discussion as I have learned something too.

iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1314
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:04 pm
Kiting since: 0
Local Beach: 50.7752° N, 0.9077° W
Style: None
Gear: This 'n that
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: South coast, UK

Re: Ozone vs Core

Postby iriejohn » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:30 pm

stenner wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:26 am
I have to say how disappointed I am to many of the responses to my initial query. I thought I was asking a fairly simple question about three kites. As I mentioned I like the idea of Ozone because they have control of their own manufacturing facility. I picked two models, the Catalyst and the Enduro, both reasonable choices for my ability.
I also asked about the Core XR5, a kite know for boosting but also as an easy riding all -arounder with massive range (important to me), again well within my experience range and a company that is know for high quality and like Ozone, control over their own factory. Sure there are many other excellent kites out there but again l narrowed the topic to those three because those are what I'm interested in simple as that. Yeah my picks are more pricey than some others but what the f*** do you care? That was my question and some of you come back with stupid remarks about status or snobbery being the motivation. I shouldn't need to defend asking about a brand and who cares if I decide to spend an extra couple hundred on a kite, it's my fucking money!
I regret even asking because of all the pettyness over such a simple question, this should have been a fun conversation.
Please leave me out in further discussions, I withdraw my question.
I said this, but you did not reply:
iriejohn wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:59 pm
Until recently I had Rallys - they are really nice kites. You haven't said what conditions you're kiting in:

1. Range of wind speeds, and also the one you're mostly out on.

2. Sea or Inland, flat water, waves, chop, ...

3. What do you like best about your Rally and what do you like least.

4. Something about yourself like height, weight, how often you kite, and where.

If you really like your Rally there are some amazing deals for brand new 2017 Rallys which are the same as the 2018 kites except for the colour.

(I recently moved to Ozone Enduro V2's but to be honest I can't recommend them to you without knowing any of the above.)
I then said this, but you did not comment:
iriejohn wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:49 pm
It depends on the conditions you're kiting in and what you want from the kite. I kite in the open sea and depending on the tide and time of year I have flat or choppy water, small waves (maybe 6'/2m), and in spring and autumn sometimes 30+ knots. I use a twintip and a SB (Mitu 5'8 which I'm learning but still crap on ;-) ). I have changed from Rallys to Ozone Enduro V2s because I want more complete depower, less bar pressure, better drift when in waves, and a faster turning more allround lighter kite. The Enduros, like the Rally, do not have pulleys and have the same very nice direct feel to them. I also find that they have a larger wind range than the Rallys but have less low end.

I use my Slingshot bars which work just fine with the Enduros (just had to switch the pigtails around).
Sorry to be blunt Stenner but you haven't exactly helped yourself.


Return to “Kitesurfing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: grigorib, kjorn, petato2, Peter_Frank and 9 guests

cron