Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Naish Park/Dash - like kite but not Naish?

forum for kitesurfers

czezz
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Style: freeride / wave
Gear: Naish Park 2013&2014
Nobile T5 2014
Brand Affiliation: None

Naish Park/Dash - like kite but not Naish?

Postby czezz » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:47 pm

Hey, im looking for kite similar to Naish Park/Dash (responsiveness/feeling on the bar) but not Naish?
Any suggestions? :)

jakemoore
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2004
Gear: Foil and 1strut kites.

Re: Naish Park/Dash - like kite but not Naish?

Postby jakemoore » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:11 am

Did Naish lick the sugar off your candy?

czezz
Medium Poster
Style: freeride / wave
Gear: Naish Park 2013&2014
Nobile T5 2014

Postby czezz » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:07 am

Haha, kinda ;)
I did have amazing last 4-5 years riding Naish Park and it would be still my only choice... but the octopus system.
I want to find something similar but octopus-free.

knotwindy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: baja, gorge
Style: erratic to none
Gear: yes, I use gear

Postby knotwindy » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:04 pm

Oh, now you’re going to make taut mad...

Ludmil
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2003

Postby Ludmil » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:29 pm

If they (Naish) start designing kites without Octopus I'll stop buying them. Hahaha
L.

edt
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: ford lake Michigan
Gear: slingshot liquid force wainman pansh naish north cwb burton ronix rpm ozone

Postby edt » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:45 pm

I think some of the Epic kites that dimitri maramenides sells are a little bit like the Naish lineup that you like so much. Try contacting him to see if you can get a demo. Sorry I can't remember the exact model names.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0

Postby tautologies » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:29 pm

knotwindy wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:04 pm
Oh, now you’re going to make taut mad...

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:07 pm

One of the things that is hard about recommending a kite similar to something else is that very few has enough time on two completely different kites to say much intelligent about it. I've certainly not ridden another kite that had the same qualities a the Dash in terms of responsiveness and how it likes to be flown.

OP: How old are your Parks? Is it still the 2013 you have in your profile? What is your main objection against the Octopussy system? I am genuinely interested because they have made some improvements that made it easier to access the internal workings on the kites in case of something happening.

Gonzolinho
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2050
Gear: too much

Postby Gonzolinho » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:34 pm

CRAZYFLY Tango and OZONE Enduro might be your way to go.
I mainly turned away from Naish because of the same reason. My last issue I had was with a fronttube bladder of a 2016 Pivot. My third and last Naish bladder repair ever. The hardest "petting" I´ve ever had.
Don´t let yourself get fooled by a few fanboys here that will bash you as soon as you say something against the greatest invention in kitesurf history....
Only have two Dashs right now because they are really nice and I get them for a bargain.
But in general I prefer the OZONE Enduro. Very nice and even more versatile.

CRAZYFLY Tango: a bit more lowend by the means of lateral pull. Otherwise they are quite similar. Maybe the Tango a bit slower turning and better for unhooked and the Dash a bit more aggressive and quicker response. But we are talking about peanuts here.
OZONE Enduro: Depending on the setting (you can change by 3 different ones) it sits even further forward than the Dash. In comparsion it has a bit less lowend but is even a bit quicker so you can get out the same amount of it if you move it right. More versatile and a lot smoother in the upper end but with the same abilities in performance.

It comes to your personal preference what you like. All three kites are very close together. I reckon with kiting skills below the ones of a Kevin Langaree you will be as good as with any of them. Choose color or personal taste and it will be ok. All three kites are far above anybodies level/skills. I personally like the Enduro most because of its better versatility when switching between twintip and directional and more smoothness in power delivery. But the same reasons might be a turn off for somebody else....

Forgot to mention that the Ednuro is very lightweight and together with its position in the wind window it is also great for foiling if this sounds interesting, too?
I would call the Enduro the "Switchblade" of open C kite shapes if you get the point.
Others might perform a hint better in one niche but they don´t have the overall sweetness of the Enduro.....and it doesn´t have any octopus :wink:

Just demoed a CABRINHA FX some weeks ago and really liked it. But it is more "C" biased and with lower AR compared to the Dash. But though quick it is extremely stable in the air and with great hangtime for a kite like this. If I would not own a complete set of Enduros I would have a hard choice right now myself :lol:

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:03 am

Gonzolinho wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:34 pm
Don´t let yourself get fooled by a few fanboys here that will bash you as soon as you say something against the greatest invention in kitesurf history....
When did anyone "bash" people for having an opinion. Or do you just mean that someone has a different opinion and says it? I like the system and I h ave no issues saying it, but I do not think I ever bashed anyone for any reason really.

Anyway I think it is great that we have different opinions here. It means we can learn from each other.

Return to “Kitesurfing”