stefarius
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: ijsselmeer
Style: freeride, wave, foil
Gear: all kind

Re: Core Nexus and Nexus LW

Postby stefarius » Sun May 20, 2018 8:15 pm

Tried the Nexus 9m feels almost the same as the Section only a bit shorter turning circle and more aggressive power (lift/boost)
Below the Nexus vs Section2 vs GTS4
Last edited by stefarius on Sun May 20, 2018 8:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

stefarius
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: ijsselmeer
Style: freeride, wave, foil
Gear: all kind

Postby stefarius » Sun May 20, 2018 8:16 pm

Nexus 9m

phpBB [video]

omg
Frequent Poster

Postby omg » Mon May 21, 2018 5:52 am

Pretty please; has anyone tested the 12m Nexus, how is it; especially the turning speed and low end and whatever you can tell me, and I am also very interested in the weight of the kite, could someone weigh it, please?

Truly appreciated any feedback on the 12m.

HaraldR
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Gear: Core Free 17, 7
Core Nexus 12, 9
North Jaime
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby HaraldR » Thu May 24, 2018 7:41 pm

The 12m Nexus weights exactly 3,6 Kg. I had two low wind sessions by now, but it was a little bit too low, so I wasn’t able to ride upwind with my 136-41 Twintip. Despite that i would say that the kite offers a good low wind performance, the turning speed is all so round and fast, as expected. But, as I said, two sessions in low and marginal winds. A better conclusion will surely be possible after a few more sessions.

ShaveTheWhales
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2008
Gear: Naish, Epic, F-one, Shinn
Brand Affiliation: Anything that jumps well and fun to fly

Postby ShaveTheWhales » Fri May 25, 2018 6:52 pm

JustAGirl wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 9:30 am
The XR isn’t a beginner kite either, it’s just a pure hangtime kite, so it’s more stable, but loop it 100 times & you‘ll bust a tube. It’s built for insane hangtime, not for loops!
I loop my XR5 9m all the time.. why would it bust a tube ? Is there a design fault or news I've missed out on ?

SaltWaterDog
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2013
Local Beach: Copenhagen, most of Denmark and northern Germany.
Favorite Beaches: There are many.
Style: Biting off more than I can usually chew.
Gear: Learned on the Riot XR and have happily kept with it. Now XR5 and Fusion 3.

Postby SaltWaterDog » Fri May 25, 2018 7:17 pm

ShaveTheWhales wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 6:52 pm
JustAGirl wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 9:30 am
The XR isn’t a beginner kite either, it’s just a pure hangtime kite, so it’s more stable, but loop it 100 times & you‘ll bust a tube. It’s built for insane hangtime, not for loops!
I loop my XR5 9m all the time.. why would it bust a tube ? Is there a design fault or news I've missed out on ?
This person doesn’t know what they’re talking about. I do the same and some megaloop theirs, though loops are not it’s forte.

omg
Frequent Poster

Postby omg » Fri May 25, 2018 8:40 pm

HaraldR wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 7:41 pm
The 12m Nexus weights exactly 3,6 Kg. I had two low wind sessions by now, but it was a little bit too low, so I wasn’t able to ride upwind with my 136-41 Twintip. Despite that i would say that the kite offers a good low wind performance, the turning speed is all so round and fast, as expected. But, as I said, two sessions in low and marginal winds. A better conclusion will surely be possible after a few more sessions.
Super! Thanks veru much Harald. If you have a few more sessions, I'd appreciate if you could share more feedback on the 12m. :thumb:

CaptainCore
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Seabrook Kent
Favorite Beaches: Nyali - Kenya
Style: Old School
Gear: Core GTS4 & XR5
Brand Affiliation: Gods own Core.

Postby CaptainCore » Wed May 30, 2018 5:36 pm

Great Review in Kiteworld this month, which given they had 6 days of wind and unlimited size range is pretty comprehensive.

Re looping, the XR5, it loops quickly and easily with no stress pivoting about its tip and not generating a deal of pull. The GTS series can be brutal during a loop sequence, but the Nexus loop although much more powerful than an XR5, is more mellow than a GTS which flatters some freestyle and unhooked tricks.

JustAGirl
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 0
Gear: The British Armada

Postby JustAGirl » Wed May 30, 2018 8:49 pm

Correct, Capt Core. Sorry if I got ppl confused with my comment about busting a tube... it only happens if you don’t close the tube valves... the xr4 had a weakness when handled improperly, which happens a lot, but the xr5 can handle sloppy care & abuse no prob ...

Return to “Kitesurfing”