Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Prodigy??

forum for kitesurfers

matth
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2011
Local Beach: Revere, Nahant, Chapin, West Dennis, Hardings , Kalmus, First Encounter, Dog, yerril, Wing
Favorite Beaches: Wing, West Dennis, Kalmus, Chapin, Revere, Nahant, Dog
Style: Freeride
Gear: 8m,10m, 12, EVOS, 15.5 Switch Helium, 12m Flite. Shinn Monk 32x 41, Monk 37x44, King Gee,
Mako Duke
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Prodigy??

Postby matth » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:06 am

The Captain wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:50 am
Not that it really matters, but I am also in the process of renewing my quiver and plan 17m/12m Flites and 9.5m and 7m Prodigys.
I have the 12m coming and would have the rest but both my kids just had wisdom teeth removed, so I gave all my money to an oral surgeon who is probably kiting on new kites now...
I too was a little hesitant, but the more I hear the less concerned I am the the Prodigy will be boring. That does not sound like the case at all.
Looking forward to them!
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

SENDIT!
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Okaloosa Island
Favorite Beaches: In no particular order; Kailua Beach, Oahu; Lake Nitinaht, BC; OBX
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Flite 17, Flite 12, Prodigy 9.5, Prodigy 7, Litewave Carbon Wing, Mako 150
Brand Affiliation: XL Kites

Postby SENDIT! » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:41 pm

The Captain wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:50 am
Not that it really matters, but I am also in the process of renewing my quiver and plan 17m/12m Flites and 9.5m and 7m Prodigys.
I have the 12m coming and would have the rest but both my kids just had wisdom teeth removed, so I gave all my money to an oral surgeon who is probably kiting on new kites now...
I too was a little hesitant, but the more I hear the less concerned I am the the Prodigy will be boring. That does not sound like the case at all.
Looking forward to them!
Glad to see that you're copying my quiver! ;)

I just hope that I get to ride that 7m sometime soon without having to put my hurricane shutters up on my house! :o :o :o :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

matth
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2011
Local Beach: Revere, Nahant, Chapin, West Dennis, Hardings , Kalmus, First Encounter, Dog, yerril, Wing
Favorite Beaches: Wing, West Dennis, Kalmus, Chapin, Revere, Nahant, Dog
Style: Freeride
Gear: 8m,10m, 12, EVOS, 15.5 Switch Helium, 12m Flite. Shinn Monk 32x 41, Monk 37x44, King Gee,
Mako Duke
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby matth » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:25 am

I received my 9.5 and 7m Prodigy yesterday and got a decent sesh today on the 9.5 for about a half hour before the wind came down and I needed to switch to the 12m Flite. Initial impression was all positive, faster than expected, lots of grunt on take off, super stable in the gust, med bar pressure. I didn't get a good feel for boosting because I was mostly underpowered but it felt like it was going to be a no brainer.

Return to “Kitesurfing”