Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Moses 2019

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders


grigorib
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1100
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:12 pm
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: Clinton Lake, IL; Lake Michigan; Tawas, MI; OBX; SPI
Gear: Kites: Slingshot Rally 5/7/9/11m, Slingshot Turbine 9m, Flysurfer Speed4 10m, Peter Lynn Venom II ARC 16m
Boards: Spleene RIP 37, Flysurfer Flydoor5 XL, Moses 71cm/42” masts 590/633 wings, Slingshot Dwarfcraft 42", MBS Comp 95x

For sale: MHL Lift 2013, Slingshot Coupe 6'
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Moses 2019

Postby grigorib » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:32 pm

Foil wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:00 am
I have found the post from frank, back in Feb 2018
....
Initially I preferred the 683, but as I found out after switching between both and also kite wings in between that was because it feels closer to the feeling I am used to. Only that my stance had to move forward quite a bit (15+cm).
...
Thanks for finding that post!
15cm difference in stance (or mast position) would probably ruin it for me. Not sure that I have that much track space on my 42" board.

Foil
Frequent Poster
Posts: 413
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:44 pm
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: Newbrighton near Liverpool
Favorite Beaches: Flag beach for the Foil, Rhosneigr for the Foil and twintip.
Style: improving foiler.
Gear: Moses T38 full carbon Ltd edition. number 3 and number 56.
2019 groove skate naked carbon.
101cmMoses Carbon mast
Moses- 633 wave wing and stab
Moses 2018 637 race wing and stab,
Moses wings 590 and 548
Ozone Reo 6/8/9/10/12/
Nobile 50/50 twin tip
North 2018 click bars
massive grin
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Moses 2019

Postby Foil » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:35 am

grigorib wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:32 pm
Foil wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:00 am
I have found the post from frank, back in Feb 2018
....
Initially I preferred the 683, but as I found out after switching between both and also kite wings in between that was because it feels closer to the feeling I am used to. Only that my stance had to move forward quite a bit (15+cm).
...
Thanks for finding that post!
15cm difference in stance (or mast position) would probably ruin it for me. Not sure that I have that much track space on my 42" board.
its worth remembering that when using the 633 you only need a small kite up, maybe 1 or 2mtrs less than smaller wing users, my most used kite for the 633 is my 8mtr, however if I want to swap over to my 637 race wing set I have to change my kite also, unless of course the wind has picked up and I find there far too much lift from the 633,
I don't enjoy using my large kites with the 633, I find the 10 and 12tr kites much less agile than the 633 wing, whereas the sizes of 9mtr and below are much better matched for the 633, and for the 637 race wings the 10mtr kite is superbly matched, the 12 is good for very light winds.

grigorib
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1100
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:12 pm
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: Clinton Lake, IL; Lake Michigan; Tawas, MI; OBX; SPI
Gear: Kites: Slingshot Rally 5/7/9/11m, Slingshot Turbine 9m, Flysurfer Speed4 10m, Peter Lynn Venom II ARC 16m
Boards: Spleene RIP 37, Flysurfer Flydoor5 XL, Moses 71cm/42” masts 590/633 wings, Slingshot Dwarfcraft 42", MBS Comp 95x

For sale: MHL Lift 2013, Slingshot Coupe 6'
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Moses 2019

Postby grigorib » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:26 am

Foil wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:35 am
grigorib wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:32 pm
Foil wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:00 am
I have found the post from frank, back in Feb 2018
....
Initially I preferred the 683, but as I found out after switching between both and also kite wings in between that was because it feels closer to the feeling I am used to. Only that my stance had to move forward quite a bit (15+cm).
...
Thanks for finding that post!
15cm difference in stance (or mast position) would probably ruin it for me. Not sure that I have that much track space on my 42" board.
its worth remembering that when using the 633 you only need a small kite up, maybe 1 or 2mtrs less than smaller wing users, my most used kite for the 633 is my 8mtr, however if I want to swap over to my 637 race wing set I have to change my kite also, unless of course the wind has picked up and I find there far too much lift from the 633,
I don't enjoy using my large kites with the 633, I find the 10 and 12tr kites much less agile than the 633 wing, whereas the sizes of 9mtr and below are much better matched for the 633, and for the 637 race wings the 10mtr kite is superbly matched, the 12 is good for very light winds.
I prefer not to ride anything larger than 9m at all. Large kites are slow and not as much fun. I guess there are times I need the 11m but rarely so.

TomW
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2649
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:43 pm
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: Vejbystrand, Habo Ljung, Lomma
Gear: TW Surfboards 5-0
TW Surfboards hydrofoil board 120 and 135
Moses Fluente 550/590 + 330/325 and 633 set
North Mono 7, 9, 12
Ozone Reo 5
Ozone Hyperlink 9mUL, 7m
Flysurfer Sonic 2 13m
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Sweden

Re: Moses 2019

Postby TomW » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:56 pm

I've had some sublime sessions on the 633 and Sonic 2, 13m in 8-10 knots. I know this is not considered light wind by many, but being able to go anywhere and do 35km/hr in 10 knots is mind-blowing. Having a blast when in the past would have been skunked.

User avatar
ap888
Medium Poster
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:24 am
Kiting since: 2007
Local Beach: Zion/K peir/Inver/Goderich
Favorite Beaches: Good wind/Flat water/Good waves
Style: Foil/Loops/Big Air/Strapless
Gear: North Neo (17) 5m
Cabrinha Drifter (16) 8m
Flysurfer Sonic 2 -11m
Slingshot Hoverglide
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Moses 2019

Postby ap888 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:40 am

Are the 2019 foils out now? or are those 2018 on there website...I’m guessing they are not out I would have seen on there social media pages... :whenitsdone:

grigorib
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1100
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:12 pm
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: Clinton Lake, IL; Lake Michigan; Tawas, MI; OBX; SPI
Gear: Kites: Slingshot Rally 5/7/9/11m, Slingshot Turbine 9m, Flysurfer Speed4 10m, Peter Lynn Venom II ARC 16m
Boards: Spleene RIP 37, Flysurfer Flydoor5 XL, Moses 71cm/42” masts 590/633 wings, Slingshot Dwarfcraft 42", MBS Comp 95x

For sale: MHL Lift 2013, Slingshot Coupe 6'
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Moses 2019

Postby grigorib » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:21 am

ap888 wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:40 am
Are the 2019 foils out now? or are those 2018 on there website...I’m guessing they are not out I would have seen on there social media pages... :whenitsdone:
The only new wing announced is 873 and it’s out on both Instagram and in Moses website.
Another rumor I saw in the thread is 81cm mast to be announced in spring.

TomW
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2649
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:43 pm
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: Vejbystrand, Habo Ljung, Lomma
Gear: TW Surfboards 5-0
TW Surfboards hydrofoil board 120 and 135
Moses Fluente 550/590 + 330/325 and 633 set
North Mono 7, 9, 12
Ozone Reo 5
Ozone Hyperlink 9mUL, 7m
Flysurfer Sonic 2 13m
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Sweden

Re: Moses 2019

Postby TomW » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:10 pm

What about the new race set up?

User avatar
ap888
Medium Poster
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:24 am
Kiting since: 2007
Local Beach: Zion/K peir/Inver/Goderich
Favorite Beaches: Good wind/Flat water/Good waves
Style: Foil/Loops/Big Air/Strapless
Gear: North Neo (17) 5m
Cabrinha Drifter (16) 8m
Flysurfer Sonic 2 -11m
Slingshot Hoverglide
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Moses 2019

Postby ap888 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:03 pm

Why change wing design if it’s already amazing right.... :remybussi:


Return to “Hydrofoil”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron