Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

How to enlarge the Naish Apex straps? (Neo shoes, boots)

forum for kitesurfers


User avatar
Marcel ist so grün
Rare Poster
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:18 pm
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Maasvlakte Netherlands
Favorite Beaches: Lanzarote Famara (Spain)
San Diego Pacific Beach (USA)
Lemkenhafen Fehmarn (Germany)
El Gouna (Egypt)
Style: Freeride, Air Style, Big Air
Gear: Naish Ride 14
Naish Pivot 10
Naish Park 7
Naish Monarch 134
Brand Affiliation: Naish
Location: Germany

How to enlarge the Naish Apex straps? (Neo shoes, boots)

Postby Marcel ist so grün » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:08 pm

Hi all!

If you have the issue with your Naish Apex Bindings, that it is too tight for riding with boots or neopren shoes, here is a nice an simple solution:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCQs3rcpzL0

Enjoy! :thumb:

Cheers :D

BudhaNl
Medium Poster
Posts: 194
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:03 pm
Kiting since: 2008
Local Beach: WaZ Noordpier
IJmuiden
Gear: Naish Pivot 5-7-9
Airush Ultra 12
North Jaime 136
DSD Stallion 5'2
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: How to enlarge the Naish Apex straps? (Neo shoes, boots)

Postby BudhaNl » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:16 pm

Nice tip, thanks!

User avatar
Marcel ist so grün
Rare Poster
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:18 pm
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Maasvlakte Netherlands
Favorite Beaches: Lanzarote Famara (Spain)
San Diego Pacific Beach (USA)
Lemkenhafen Fehmarn (Germany)
El Gouna (Egypt)
Style: Freeride, Air Style, Big Air
Gear: Naish Ride 14
Naish Pivot 10
Naish Park 7
Naish Monarch 134
Brand Affiliation: Naish
Location: Germany

Re: How to enlarge the Naish Apex straps? (Neo shoes, boots)

Postby Marcel ist so grün » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:57 pm

Welcome! It's the very first draft. Sure that it is not perfect! Let's see, how durable it is. Keep you posted...

Guys, feel free to propose some improvement ideas :-)


Cheers

User avatar
Gonzolinho
Medium Poster
Posts: 142
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:11 pm
Kiting since: 2050
Gear: too much

Re: How to enlarge the Naish Apex straps? (Neo shoes, boots)

Postby Gonzolinho » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:50 pm

Nice idea, but an expensive strap like the Apex should not be needed to be adapted for bigger sizes than 43/10....

Anyway, the loop will tear when you put one strong impulse on it. Happened to a friend of mine who had the same idea this summer - on his first day trying.....
On my Apex (3 years old though) the loop tore as I wanted to adjust it to making it smaller after the winter season for riding without boots. Maybe I was pulling too strong though....
So I think this will happen regularly. If you are just going back and forth with your TT then it will withstand but when you do Darkslides for example, as my friend likes to do a lot - the drag from the water was obviously too strong. But everybody should try out by themselves.

Only heared that for 2020 there will be a "Large" version of the Apex, so you just have to wait a little and then you will not have to tinker around anymore

iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1355
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:04 pm
Kiting since: 0
Local Beach: 50.7752° N, 0.9077° W
Style: None
Gear: This 'n that
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Noviomagus Reginorum

Re: How to enlarge the Naish Apex straps? (Neo shoes, boots)

Postby iriejohn » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:37 pm

Gonzolinho wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:50 pm
Only heared that for 2020 there will be a "Large" version of the Apex, so you just have to wait a little and then you will not have to tinker around anymore
2020? :lol:

Dirk
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 621
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2003 7:28 am
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: St. Peter Ording
Favorite Beaches: St. Peter Ording, Tarifa, Guincho, Sylt
Style: Big air, waves
Gear: Naish Pivot, Slash, Dash, Global, Skater, Motion
Location: Hamburg

Re: How to enlarge the Naish Apex straps? (Neo shoes, boots)

Postby Dirk » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:40 pm

That would be the release August/September next year, when the boards get updated. This spring (March/April) it will be the Dash/Ride/Boxer kites.

User avatar
Marcel ist so grün
Rare Poster
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:18 pm
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Maasvlakte Netherlands
Favorite Beaches: Lanzarote Famara (Spain)
San Diego Pacific Beach (USA)
Lemkenhafen Fehmarn (Germany)
El Gouna (Egypt)
Style: Freeride, Air Style, Big Air
Gear: Naish Ride 14
Naish Pivot 10
Naish Park 7
Naish Monarch 134
Brand Affiliation: Naish
Location: Germany

Re: How to enlarge the Naish Apex straps? (Neo shoes, boots)

Postby Marcel ist so grün » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:41 pm

Gonzolinho wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:50 pm
Nice idea, but an expensive strap like the Apex should not be needed to be adapted for bigger sizes than 43/10....

Anyway, the loop will tear when you put one strong impulse on it. Happened to a friend of mine who had the same idea this summer - on his first day trying.....
On my Apex (3 years old though) the loop tore as I wanted to adjust it to making it smaller after the winter season for riding without boots. Maybe I was pulling too strong though....
So I think this will happen regularly. If you are just going back and forth with your TT then it will withstand but when you do Darkslides for example, as my friend likes to do a lot - the drag from the water was obviously too strong. But everybody should try out by themselves.

Only heared that for 2020 there will be a "Large" version of the Apex, so you just have to wait a little and then you will not have to tinker around anymore
Yeah! I'm afraid about that. Sad to hear that. However, i'll give it a try. And I agree, this is rediculous that we have to try on our own, but in Hawaii you do not need to ride with neo boots :lol: :lol:

iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1355
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:04 pm
Kiting since: 0
Local Beach: 50.7752° N, 0.9077° W
Style: None
Gear: This 'n that
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Noviomagus Reginorum

Re: How to enlarge the Naish Apex straps? (Neo shoes, boots)

Postby iriejohn » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:11 pm

The problem with enlarging the current Apex straps is that you can make them taller (which is what I did by extending the Velcro) but you can not make them wider to allow for the increased width of boots many of us need to wear in winter. This is why I sold them and now use North/Duotone NTT/Entity straps which can be adjust for both height and width. When I ordered my Lieuwe Shotgun TT they put the inserts in exactly the right place for my favourite spacing and duck (I use quite a lot if duck). Thanks Lieuwe. 8)

User avatar
Gonzolinho
Medium Poster
Posts: 142
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:11 pm
Kiting since: 2050
Gear: too much

Re: How to enlarge the Naish Apex straps? (Neo shoes, boots)

Postby Gonzolinho » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:11 am

Dirk wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:40 pm
That would be the release August/September next year, when the boards get updated. This spring (March/April) it will be the Dash/Ride/Boxer kites.
Yep - you´re right!

User avatar
Gonzolinho
Medium Poster
Posts: 142
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:11 pm
Kiting since: 2050
Gear: too much

Re: How to enlarge the Naish Apex straps? (Neo shoes, boots)

Postby Gonzolinho » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:14 am

iriejohn wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:37 pm
Gonzolinho wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:50 pm
Only heared that for 2020 there will be a "Large" version of the Apex, so you just have to wait a little and then you will not have to tinker around anymore
2020? :lol:
So I suggest you try this:
count 1 + 1 = ?
do this for 10 times in a row. If you achieve the same result in every single attempt, we can go on discussing :cool2:
Last edited by Gonzolinho on Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.


Return to “Kitesurfing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], direnc, Yahoo [Bot] and 2 guests

cron