Board is thrown out behind the rider and above the head in a "Superman" fashion. Your body should be more or less horizontal during the move.
1. Ride with some speed and unhook.
2. Start off by releasing some edge pressure by flattening your board and bearing down wind a little.
3. Before going into the jump, park your kite at 45 degrees off the water.
4. Now that everything is setup carve into the wind applying most of your weight to your back foot heel side edge, bringing the nose of your board up.
5. Release your edge by jumping off the water and swing your legs back behind your head.
6. After you reach the apex of your jump and on your way down pull in with your arms to bring your feet back underneath you.
7. On all landing you want to touch down with your tail first and the nose of the board facing slightly down wind.
- the faster you approach the jump the higher and more powerful the raley will look like
- stretch your arms all the way out to give it more style
- to land softer, steer the kite towards the zenith, to land harder, keep it low