Developed specifically by the Airush youth brigade and 12-Year-old KPWT world Champion Gisela, the Airforce defines performance for younger riders through the use of a unique combination of size, rocker, and flex characteristics. All aspects such as footstrap spacing, strap positioning, and fins have been optimized.
Gisela explains some secrets of the shape: "The plan shape is perfect for aerial tricks and surface passes. The fins remain quite small so that the board can pivot easily. The footstraps are centered and symmetrical so I can put the board on easily and are in a very useful position for 'no-foot' tricks."
New for 2006, the Airush Biotech construction is a spin-off from snowboard technology where a vertical wood core sandwich is combined with stepped construction and an ABS rail. Wood cores have long been renowned for their feel and smoothness, so we combined this with a triaxial construction -- ensuring awesome flex, response, and durability. A PPT layer on the bottom and deck enhances the durability without limiting the flex characteristics.
- Youth specific shape, construction, and components.
- ABS rail for durability and a fast, clean water release.
- The three-stage freeride rocker delivers a perfect combination of early planning, upwind performance, and control.
- Biotech wood core for and incredibly smooth and responsive flex characteristics.
- Single concave for smoother ride in choppy conditions and stability at speed.