Launching C Kite Unhooked
Launch your kite on the beach, not being hooked into the chicken loop. Feels much safer for launching/landing when it's more dangerous.
1. Setup as normal self launch (sand on wing tip) or with assistant.
2. Grab top side of bar with one hand.
3. Grab chicken loop with the other hand.
4. Agree a 'ready' signal with assistant (both hands are busy) and launch.
5. This technique allows you to sheet & control the kite unhooked and if it all goes off - let go, it would more than likely get ripped from your hands.
- Set plenty of depower so its not too much of a handful.