Nemesis HP 2008
The Nemesis HP is the best kite we have ever made and we have priced it significantly less than the competition. It does everything better than any other kite on the market. Whether you are into big air, big waves, freestyle, handle passes or just cruising, the Nemesis HP is the perfect kite. With a host of advanced design features and E-Z PumpTM or standard inflation options available, the Nemesis HP makes kiteboarding more fun.
It flies faster, turns tighter and jumps higher than any other kite on the market. It delivers unmatched handling response for big wave surfing with ultimate bomb-proof reliability, making it the perfect kite for demanding riders and all riding styles.
The third generation Cuben Fiber leading edge used in the Nemesis HP allows us to create an awesome upwind kite with excellent performance, jumping and hangtime ability that simply can not be matched using Dacron fabrics. Cuben Fiber is a non-woven fabric made of unidirectional filaments, using a similar lay-up to carbon fiber composites. Cuben Fiber cloth has zero stretch, so it does not absorb steering input. This gives you the fastest and most direct handling response, even on the smallest bar.
Our Cuben Fiber LE is thinner and stiffer than any LE on the market, allowing us to create a more aerodynamic profile and faster flying kite that simply slices through the air for unbelievable upwind and jumping ability. With the thinnest, smoothest and stiffest leading edge in the industry, no kite responds as fast to rider input or transmits feedback as telepathically as the Nemesis HP.
The Nemesis HP is the first Best kite to benefit from our new VP2, Virtual Pulley Position front bridle. VP2 balances the control line loads between the turning and lifting surfaces of the kite, maximizing turning speed and stability. Unlike fixed bridle and 5th-line systems, VP2 dynamically distributes load between the wingtips and the central canopy sections to give you stability and performance that is simply out of this world.
Our VP2 bridle reduces the bar travel needed for maximum depower, giving riders more freedom in how they choose to tune their bar setup without having to use a bar mounted pulley system. The Nemesis HP gives you more wind range than any other kite due to its huge range of AOA adjustment. Whatever style of riding you are focussed on, from big-air to the biggest waves, you will find the Nemesis HP delivers perfect power and control.
Our unique Canopy Framing Technology delivers the ultimate impact and crash protection for your kite. Evolved over two seasons, CFT has been refined for reduced canopy weight for ‘08. Straight seam construction, as seen in other kite designs, leads to the creation of stress riders and weak spots. With a revised all curved panel cut and new TE seam protection zones, CFT ensures that your kite will handle as perfectly at the end of your second season as it did the day you bought it.
For ‘08 we have refined the leading edge seam further, building on the legendary reputation for durability of our ‘07 line up. Triple stitched, webbing taped and internally reinforced with mark cloth, the Nemesis HP Load-flex seam once again sets the standard for kite construction.
The Nemesis HP is not just the best big-air kite that has ever been made, it is also the perfect wave and freestyle kite. With six rear line attachment point options you can tune the Nemesis HP for the perfect blend of power, turning speed and handling feedback for the way you ride. We absolutely guarantee it.
The Nemesis HP is the easiest to ride, highest performance kite ever made. Our use of Cuben Fiber ensures that the HP has unmatched aerodynamic performance and the lowest drag of any kite on the market. The new VP2 bridle system delivers an SLE kite with greater stability and maneuverability than has ever been possible. Our legendary surf-tough build quality, solid airframe construction and proven performance features guarantee that the HP will be the most enjoyable, reliable and durable kite you ever own.
The Nemesis HP has been designed to be the perfect big-air and big-surf kite. Our 4th generation Cuben Fiber leading edge construction gives unrivalled upwind ability and depower. Our new VP2 bridle system increases depower and delivers incredible stability and easy handling, right across the wind range. Performing every type of trick has never been easier or more fun. The newly designed ‘Custom Tune’ A-B-C rear bridle options give you complete control over how your kite turns, handles, depowers and jumps. No matter where or how you ride, from freestyle to wakestyle to big surf, you will find the perfect rigging option that allows you to maximize your ability and progress like never before.
Even though it is easily possible for an experienced rider to exceed the stated upper wind range in the above wind chart, Best Kiteboarding does not recommend that any rider goes kiteboarding in winds above 35 knots. Always ride safe and within your limits.
CUBEN FIBER HYBRID CONSTRUCTION
The Nemesis HP would not be possible without our third generation Hybrid Cuben Fiber leading edge construction. Our exclusive use of Cuben Fiber allows us to design a faster flying, more aerodynamic and stiffer kite than can be achieved with any standard material. The Nemesis HP is the ultimate high performance kite, combining breathtaking performance, refined aerodynamics and unmatched usability.
Our new LE bridle and depower system deliver more than just increased depower from reduced bar travel. A dual short-throw pulley system optimizes load distribution between the wingtips and the center of the LE, giving a more rigid and stable kite that delivers less pitching, ensuring that stability remains unaffected by depower. VP2 offers the reduced-throw benefits and increased turning rate of a 2:1 rear line pulley system, with no back line pulleys and no increased bar pressure.
CUSTOM TUNE A-B-C
Rig and ride it your way. With our direct rear bridle setup you can rig your Nemesis HP for any blend of turning speed, depower and bar pressure. From unhooked riding to freestyle to big wave surfing; we are sure you will find a setup option that suits you perfectly, no matter where or how you prefer to ride.
E-Z PUMP™ TOTAL INFLATION SYSTEM
The E-Z pump™ inflation system allows one-shot inflation of the entire airframe of the kite. Already proven in the Bularoo and Yarga Hybrid kites, this feature is a must-have for riders who want to get out on the water fast. Revised for the Nemesis HP, the new E-Z pump™ system comes with standard inflate and high volume deflate valves. There is no more reliable total inflation system available.
CANOPY FRAMING TECHNOLOGY
Crashing your kite is a fact of life. The Nemesis HP is the only high performance kite designed with Canopy Framing Technology - the ultimate reinforcement system. The entire perimeter of each canopy panel on the Nemesis HP is supported with a continuously curved reinforcement zone, isolating the canopy from impact loads and delivering durability based on sound engineering.
LOAD FLEX LE SEAM
For ’08, the load flex seam receives additional mark cloth internal reinforcement along with additional stitch reinforcement. Our unique three-layer webbing taped LE seam delivers the strongest LE on any inflatable kite. There is simply no stronger or cleaner seam construction.
SOLID AIRFRAME CONSTRUCTION
New for ’08, all LE strut joints are laser cut, shaped and reinforced with Kevlar tape. There is no better way to connect the leading edge to the struts. Our construction gives the stiffest and lightest structure available, yielding a kite with exceptional performance and easy handling for riders of all abilities.
TEIJIN RIP-STOP CANOPY
If you want to cut corners you can buy cheaper fabric, but you certainly can not use anything better. We use Teijen Rip-Stop for our canopy material, as there is no better rip-stop cloth available.
DACRON WINGTIP PANELS
Multi-layer Dacron wingtip panels distribute turning forces for unmatched responsiveness and enable self-launching without risk of damage. Increased surface area at the wingtips gives greater turning agility, while our curved wingtip profile improves aerodynamics and eliminates vortex-induced drag.
ABC CANOPY PROTECTION
Ultra-durable upper canopy protection. Strategically placed ABC guard cloth protects the canopy and leach line from the worst the beach has to offer.
ABC STRUT PROTECTION
ABC cloth with enlarged Velcro fastening protects the strut ends and keeps the bladders locked in place.
RONSTAN HIGH LOAD PULLEYS
Precision Ronstan pulleys provide friction-free depower action. Combined with our new VP2 bridle design, they deliver unbelievable depower and wind range.
Precision tolerance fibreglass battens support the trailing edge canopy section and smooth the airflow over the trailing edge. Improved aerodynamics ensures faster turning and silent maneuvering, while our smooth pocketed mark-cloth construction delivers outrageous durability.
CFT REINFORCED TRAILING EDGE
Like all kites in our ‘08 range, the Nemesis HP benefits from our exclusive CFT reinforced trailing edge, which provides razor sharp turning response and unmatched durability, even if you leave your Nemesis HP lying on the beach for days or weeks on end.
OPTIMIZED ASPECT RATIO
The Nemesis HP benefits from our new optimized aspect ratio shape. Combined with our VP2 design bridle system, this delivers all the incredible jumping and depower benefits of a high-aspect design SLE, with the turning and handling characteristics of a mid-aspect ratio surf kite.
SURF-TOUGH BUILD QUALITY
Our unique Canopy Framing Technology, LE Load Flex seam, fully-taped canopy and Solid Airframe Construction come together to deliver the most proven and trusted kite construction package in the industry.
HIGHEST QUALITY MATERIALS
The Nemesis HP uses only the best available materials and construction. When we can not find what we need to make the best kites in the world we develop and design it ourselves, like the precision parts for the E-Z Pump™ inflation system and our exclusive Cuben Fiber LE cloth.
Kite Manual PDF
Rear Lines: A-B-C Custom Tune
EZ Pump System Check
The main LE valve on the Bularoo and Yarga Hybrid consists of three parts, the valve seat, the centre deflate plug, and a screw fit air cap. The internal one way system on each strut consists of two parts, the one way valve nozzle that is attached to the LE bladder and the clear bladder sealing ring attached to the bottom of each strut.
If a kite does not appear to hold adequate air pressure the procedure for checking should be as follows.
1. Inflate the kite fully and leave standing.
2. If any of the struts deflate the first thing to check is the strut deflate valves. In high temperature, or if the valves have been left plugged in, the valve material may stretch slightly allowing a small amount of air to leak out. To quickly fix this simply wrap the valve stem with a zip tie and secure it down firmly with the valve cap in place.
This will fix 99% of slow deflation issues.
3. If the kite deflates, leaving four of the struts inflated. Open the access zip on the deflated strut, fold back the black rubber protection sheet, and carefully but forcefully reseat the clear bladder sealing ring at the bottom of the strut over the one way valve nozzle that protrudes from the LE into the strut compartment. Reposition the black rubber protection sheet over the back of the zip and close the zip. Re-inflate the kite fully through the LE valve and leave to check seal integrity. The internal valve can become unseated due to repeated high impacts crashes into the water.
4. Should the kite slowly deflate again then check the external deflate valve on the strut. Due to the flexible nature of the materials used in the valves to ensure low adequate low temperature stability if the kite has been exposed to temperatures over 100 degrees, the valves may become temporarily stretched. To fix this you can simply wrap a small zip tie around the valve and secure it firmly. Remember to always remove the deflate valve plug from external strut valves when storing kite.
5. If the kite stays inflated, then you have solved the problem, if the same strut and LE deflate again, then remove the strut bladder, check and repair any punctures and repeat the inflation test.
6. If the LE deflates but all the struts stay inflated, check the following items in sequence.
7. Unscrew the entire valve assembly from the valve seat, flip the deflate plug over and check that the black rubber air seal is in position. This is a small flat black rubber sealing ring about 35mm in diameter. The sealing ring should be flush with the bottom of deflate plug and free from sand or any other debris. Clean and reseat if required and carefully screw the plug back into the LE and inflate once again. If the sealing ring has fallen off reassemble with a new sealing ring prior to inflation.
8. If the LE deflates again, check that when removing the pump adaptor from the top of the valve assembly that the deflate plug has not become loosened off, allowing air to escape. The two threads run counter to each other, so always hold the centre deflate plug securely when removing the pump adaptor and screwing the air cap in place.
9. If the LE deflates again, remove the air cap and check that the internal one way valve has not become damaged. If the one small one way valve is damaged or has become detached then replace the centre deflate plug with a new part.
10. If the LE deflates again, then you have a LE puncture. Go fix it….
Following this procedure carefully will identify any possible reason for the kite not holding air pressure.