Nova 3 2008
After having innovated and introduced the ﬁrst ﬂat proﬁle kite on the market, Takoon is proud to present the NOVA3.
The NOVA3 is an evolutionary kite with excellent performance, and safe. Thanks to the new leading edge design, the kite proﬁle and the 6 struts’ unique location, the NOVA3 combines the advantages of total depower and performance. It impresses in every discipline: Freeride, Freestyle, Hang time, Wave riding, unhooked.
Easy to use, The NOVA third edition is an evolution of the 2007 model. Emphasis has been put on the kite proﬁle, its handling, turning ability, bar pressure and low end pressure.
In the hand, the NOVA3 is a kite easy to handle. Bar pressure gives accurate kite control and depower is really efﬁcient. The kite turns with ease, turning ability increases. Jumps are excellent with big glide. While unhooked, the kite never falls out of the sky. Going upwind is just simple; the NOVA3 is more rigid and doesn’t lose its shape while turning. The new bar is very easy to handle and to use.
Let’s explain the different technical points on the NOVA3, or how Takoon has brought out a kite combining both simplicity and performance.
The success of the Furia led us to work on a more aerodynamical Nova yet still easy to use.
The NOVA3’s new exclusive shape optimizes its overall performance.
- The new segmented leading edge design enables direct efforts transfer and gives more solidity to the kite in the air. It doesn’t ﬂutter and relaunches easily.
- The 6 struts’ unique location linked to the ﬂat centre of the kite offers more surface to the centre of the kite, giving it more power and glide. The NOVA3 is lighter.
- The tips are narrow to reduce drag and allow turns on the tips. The Dacron material on the tips offers more stiffness and therefore more reactivity to the kite.
- The ﬂat central part of the kite gives better kite control even during depower. This part remains always stretched and so reduces drag, improving upwind ability. This ﬂat center part makes the center of effort go up, the depower rate is really efﬁcient on the ﬁrst centimetres.
These characteristics give the kite more reactivity; it’s more rigid and light.
The kite is more aerodynamic and easy to use.
The surface that used to be inefﬁcient at the tips has been transferred to the centre of the kite where stiffness and power are needed.
The NOVA3 is a lighter kite as it only has 6 struts, which are also thinner than before, and it’s a medium aspect ratio kite. All this makes the kite ﬂy better, it never falls out of the sky, and it is ideal for wave riding and tricks.
Depower ability is more efﬁcient than most of SLE kite with a direct bar feeling.
A 13m² is added to the Nova3 range with incredible performance in light wind conditions. The Nova3 full range remains well-balanced.
Kite Manual PDF
Low End Power PDF
Takoon Action Video
How to increase low end power
To increase the power of the Nova3 (when riding in light wind conditions or for heavier riders), it’s possible to lengthen the front kite connectors.
- 1 Locate the front kite connectors (the ones linked to a pulley, picture 1).
- 2 Undo the knot nearest to the pulley (picture 2).
- 3 You’ll find in the kite bag a repair kit (picture 3), take the 2 connectors
with a knot (red for the left hand side, black for the right hand side, picture 4).
- 4 Connect the new connectors with the kite front connectors with a lark’s head knot (picture 5 and 6).
- 5 Connect the bar lines on the kite with those connectors. Picture 7 shows a trim for light wind conditions or for heavier riders. Picture 8 shows a trim for strong winds.