Latest revision as of 11:27, 25 August 2009
How to self launch your kite.
1. Some kiters use this to show off and endanger others, even when others could assist.
2. I use it when alone in lower winds and NO ONE downwind on a sandy sideshore beach.
3. It can go very very wrong, even for the most advanced kiters. Maybe only once in 50.
4. It is always a danger to anyone downwind.
5. Hard landings may get a shell hole in your leading edge.
6. Launches with line errors or bridle snags will loop the kite.