Airush's best selling line from 2005, the X-Pact '06 has been completely redesigned to meet the demands of intermediate to advanced riders who want a bombproof board. The new concave bottom has increased the stability of the X-Pact, increasing its appeal to a wider rider group. In addition to this, the new bottom shape translates into more pop, edging, and softer landings.
X-Link ABS Construction
Our unique X-Link ABS Construction combines the perfect flex and strength characteristics of our X-Link PVC core -- with a virtually indestructible ABS rail. The ABS section is inset into the laminate and forms a "grindable" rail that can withstand significantly more abuse than a wrapped rail construction. This construction uses a combination of unidirectional and biaxial cloth and asymmetrical wood reinforcing in the high impact heel area.
A PPT layer on the bottom enhances the durability without limiting the flex characteristics.
- ABS rail for durability and a fast, clean water release.
- 3 stage "competition" rocker for speed and early planing.
- The combination of UD and Biaxial laminates in our X-Link construction ensures a refined combination of flex, durability, and response.
- By combining a single concave bottom (New for '06) and our legendary 3 stage rocker, the '06 X-Pact offers more stability at higher speeds and smoothness in chop.
- A relatively parallel outline with intermediate width tips offers a good combination of edging, stability at higher speeds, and pop.
- The wake series fins offer a combination of good tracking while being forgiving in the turns.