Once again, Best Kiteboarding delivers revolution in kiteboarding design. Hot on the heels of the performance redefining Waroo 07 and Bularoo comes the new Yarga Hybrid SLE. The new Yarga is the ultimate high performance, extended depower C-kite, that gives all riders 4-line, 5th-line and SLE style micro-bridle set up and performance options.
With four different rigging, relaunch and depower set-ups available, and all of them perfectly tuned straight from the bag, no other Hybrid kite delivers more of the promise of maximum performance, increased depower, improved safety and truly versatile handling.
In 4-line mode, the new Yarga Hybrid SLE is a high performance mid-aspect ratio C-kite. An exceptional, competition ready package, it offers the perfect blend of turning responsiveness, flying speed, stability and ease of use.
The 5th-line option extends the relaunch and depower available to the rider even further, simplifying relaunch whether in flat water or caught out in overhead surf. A quick pull on the optional 5th-line kit flips the Yarga straight onto its back ready for launching.
SLE Micro-bridle mode hugely increases available depower and upwind ability, turning the Yarga from 4-line kite into a high performance SLE in seconds. Switching between rigging set-ups couldn’t be easier, the micro-bridle stows on the back of the LE, meaning there’s nothing to detach, and nothing to forget.
SLE+5th-line mode offers riders the ultimate combination of depower, performance, easy handling and instant relaunch.
For 07 we’ve redesigned the Yarga from the wingtips up, literally, to deliver an unmatched package of precision, power, ease of use and hugely extended wind range. The Yarga Hybrid SLE is the perfect kite for riders who want the flexibility of multiple kite styles, the industry’s leading construction package, hardcore competition tuned handling, and unmatched ease of use. There is only one true Hybrid choice.
Yarga Hybrid SLE: Ride it your way.
The Yarga Hybrid SLE is the only kite to offer four rigging and tuning styles in one high performance package. Dedicated 4-line riders will love its fast, direct handling. 5th-line kiters will recognize its great depower and easy, predictable relaunch in all conditions. SLE riders will be amazed that so much depower and range can be delivered form a kite with such a minimal bridle design, while anybody who tries the kite in SLE + 5thline mode will know that there’s no better all round package available. From big surf to wakestyle, freeride or freestyle, the Yarga Hybrid is the ultimate convertible kite.
Four kites in one: ride it your way.
HYBRID ATTACHMENT DESIGN
Choose between 4-line, 5th-line, SLE and SLE+5th-line modes for handling performance and depower. Unique micro bridle design stows away behind the LE for ultra fast switching between styles. Maximum versatility and proven simplicity with no lines to detach.
EZ-PUMPTM TOTAL INFLATION SYSTEM
Our new EZ-pumpTM total inflation system, with integrated silicone stopper valves, allows easy one-shot inflation of the entire airframe of the kite. Already proven in the Bularoo design, this feature is a must have for riders who want to get out on the water fast.
CANOPY FRAMING TECHNOLOGY
Crashing your kite is a fact of life. The Yarga Hybrid SLE is the only hybrid SLE kite designed with Canopy Framing Technology, the ultimate reinforcement system. The entire perimeter of each canopy panel on the Yarga Hybrid SLE is supported with a continuous reinforcement zone, isolating the canopy from impact loads and delivering protection that you can believe in.
PROFILE SHAPER BATTENS
Fiberglass reinforced Profile Shapers reduce upper canopy deformation at low angles of attack. Profile Shapers ensure that your Yarga Hybrid SLE is the smoothest flying kite, even at the absolute limits of depower. A clear and tough outer casing on each batten ensures that should you ever need to replace one it’s a ten second job, never a trip to the repair shop.
TRAILING EDGE BATTENS
Strategically placed wingtip battens increase turning response, improve aerodynamics by controlling air flow over the control surfaces and eliminate canopy flutter
SOLID AIRFRAME CONSTRUCTION
There’s no better way to connect the leading edge to the struts. Our construction gives the stiffest and lightest structure available, yielding a kite with exceptional performance and easy handling for riders of all abilities.
TEIJIN RIP-STOP CANOPY
If you want to cut corners you can buy cheaper fabric, but you certainly can’t use anything better. We only use Teijen Rip-Stop for our canopy material, as there’s no better Rip-Stop cloth available.
DACRON WINGTIP PANELS
Multi-layer Dacron wingtip panels distribute turning forces for unmatched responsiveness and enable self launching without risk of damage.
WOVEN SPECTRA SERVICEABLE PULLEY LINES
4mm braided abrasion resistant pulley lines, easily replaceable for minimum down time. Pulley lines include depower stopper knots which limit bridle travel to enhance stability in all wind conditions.
RONSTAN HIGH LOAD PULLEYS
Used in SLE mode, low friction high load pulleys help deliver maximum depower and precision handling in all conditions.
CFT REINFORCED TRAILING EDGE
Like all kites in our 07 range the new Yarga benefits from out exclusive CFT reinforced trailing edge, which provides razor sharp responsiveness and unmatched durability, even if you leave your Yarga lying on the beach for days or months on end.
LOAD FLEX LE SEAM
Unique triple stitched webbing taped LE seam guarantees the strongest LE on any inflatable kite. There is simply no stronger seam construction.
SURF TOUGH CONSTRUCTION
Our unique Canopy Framing Technology, LE Load Flex seam, fully taped canopy and Solid Airframe Construction come together to deliver the most proven and trusted kite construction package in the industry.
HIGHEST QUALITY MATERIALS
The 2007 Yarga Hybrid SLE uses only the best available materials and construction. When we can’t find what we need to make the best kites in the world we design and manufacture it ourselves, like our new EZ-pumpTM total inflation system.
- 7.0: 25-35 knots
- 9.0: 21-35 knots
- 11.0: 17-31 knots
- 13.0: 15-26 knots
Kite Manual PDF
5th-line Option Kit
EZ Pump System Check
The main LE valve on the Bularoo and Yarga Hybrid consists of three parts, the valve seat, the centre deflate plug, and a screw fit air cap. The internal one way system on each strut consists of two parts, the one way valve nozzle that is attached to the LE bladder and the clear bladder sealing ring attached to the bottom of each strut.
If a kite does not appear to hold adequate air pressure the procedure for checking should be as follows.
1. Inflate the kite fully and leave standing.
2. If any of the struts deflate the first thing to check is the strut deflate valves. In high temperature, or if the valves have been left plugged in, the valve material may stretch slightly allowing a small amount of air to leak out. To quickly fix this simply wrap the valve stem with a zip tie and secure it down firmly with the valve cap in place.
This will fix 99% of slow deflation issues.
3. If the kite deflates, leaving four of the struts inflated. Open the access zip on the deflated strut, fold back the black rubber protection sheet, and carefully but forcefully reseat the clear bladder sealing ring at the bottom of the strut over the one way valve nozzle that protrudes from the LE into the strut compartment. Reposition the black rubber protection sheet over the back of the zip and close the zip. Re-inflate the kite fully through the LE valve and leave to check seal integrity. The internal valve can become unseated due to repeated high impacts crashes into the water.
4. Should the kite slowly deflate again then check the external deflate valve on the strut. Due to the flexible nature of the materials used in the valves to ensure low adequate low temperature stability if the kite has been exposed to temperatures over 100 degrees, the valves may become temporarily stretched. To fix this you can simply wrap a small zip tie around the valve and secure it firmly. Remember to always remove the deflate valve plug from external strut valves when storing kite.
5. If the kite stays inflated, then you have solved the problem, if the same strut and LE deflate again, then remove the strut bladder, check and repair any punctures and repeat the inflation test.
6. If the LE deflates but all the struts stay inflated, check the following items in sequence.
7. Unscrew the entire valve assembly from the valve seat, flip the deflate plug over and check that the black rubber air seal is in position. This is a small flat black rubber sealing ring about 35mm in diameter. The sealing ring should be flush with the bottom of deflate plug and free from sand or any other debris. Clean and reseat if required and carefully screw the plug back into the LE and inflate once again. If the sealing ring has fallen off reassemble with a new sealing ring prior to inflation.
8. If the LE deflates again, check that when removing the pump adaptor from the top of the valve assembly that the deflate plug has not become loosened off, allowing air to escape. The two threads run counter to each other, so always hold the centre deflate plug securely when removing the pump adaptor and screwing the air cap in place.
9. If the LE deflates again, remove the air cap and check that the internal one way valve has not become damaged. If the one small one way valve is damaged or has become detached then replace the centre deflate plug with a new part.
10. If the LE deflates again, then you have a LE puncture. Go fix it….
Following this procedure carefully will identify any possible reason for the kite not holding air pressure.