Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

ANTIGUA

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 24, 2002 8:59 am

I'm going to go to Antigua in August,does anybody know hoe are the wind conditions in that period?Is August the rain season in Antigua?Which Kite size are used generally?
Thanks

Julio
Rare Poster

Postby Julio » Wed Jul 24, 2002 1:08 pm

You're right: august is the rain season, BUT you can also have some good days with 10-20 knts (coast with onshore wind). Have a good trip

AdventureAntigua.com
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby AdventureAntigua.com » Sun Jul 28, 2002 2:26 am

Our rainy season is not like that of Hawaii or other tropical places. We can have a rainy season with hardly any rain at all. In fact, Antigua is one of the driest islands in the Caribbean. Check http://www.caribwx.com for weather here. For the past few weeks its been 15-20 every day and this week we had 4 days of 25 knots. Yesterday spent too many hours on the water with my BT 9.4 powered. eli

madcowboy
Frequent Poster

Postby madcowboy » Sun Jul 28, 2002 8:55 am

Thank you Eli, could you tell me when does it start the dry season again (december, genuary,....)write me to madcowboyit@yahoo.it
Bryan

AdventureAntigua.com
Medium Poster

Postby AdventureAntigua.com » Sun Jul 28, 2002 9:27 am

man it can be dry all year here as we get very little rain. For example we didn't get any rain last year at all between November and May!!!!
eli

Royce
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Royce » Sun Jul 28, 2002 11:20 am

Rainy season in the Carribean? Dude its summer here all year. If you're lucky it"ll rain. It is windy virtually the whole year. Go whenever you want. I've lived in PR for 3 years and travelled continuously throughout the whole CArribean. I couldn't tell you when the rainy season is.

Return to “Kitesurfing”