Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Crossbow problems

Forum for kitesurfers
frigginlostpassword
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby frigginlostpassword » Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:19 pm

anyway, back on topic, in response to your original post rockstar.

"oh you must be right thats it, how could i have been so silly, the brothers leg' design kites for the pleasure, why else would they patent and licence the designs."

screven
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby screven » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:24 pm

txtph wrote:I have never understood the tribal instinct that centers on whch brand of kite a person uses. I suppose everyone wants to feel like that they have spent their money wisely and in order to do that we must personally attack the choices of others that made a different buying decision.

When the new Naish kite comes out there will almost certainly be another round of attacks from those that have already bought Crossbows and the other way around, that is from those that waited and got the new Naish. Why?

Doesn't anyone have friends that fly a different brand of kite? Is your kite spot dominated by one brand? Would you talk to a new person that comes to your beach with a different brand of kite?

Are most of the people that feel strongly about a kite brand people that make their living on selling this brand of kite? If so, then the partisanship is understandable, but if not then I just don't get it.

To those, like me, who are just consumers of this stuff: why do you feel so strongly about your brand, or the marketing techniques of the competitors?
Right on! Gear allegence says: "Look at me I'm insecure". You see it with everything....clothes, cars, stereos, probably even dildos. It's especially easy to get this way when the gear is expensive.

Chris

Ozone Kites AUS
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 75kg
Local Beach: Lennox Head, NSW, Australia
Favorite Beaches: There is a reason I live in Lennox Head.
Style: Old Coot. strapped surfboard
Gear: Ozone 6/8/10/12 Reo V7, 10/14 Enduro v4, Zephyr V7, Edge V12 10M, Alpha V2 8/14M, Firewire Vanguard 5'2" and Evo 5'1" and Delta Designs ReVamp 5'9" couple of custom Blacksheep surfboards Mystic Stealth harness and stealth rope slider.
Brand Affiliation: Ozone, AxisFoils, Armstrong, Core, Cabrinha, Slingshot, North

Postby Ozone Kites AUS » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:29 pm

frigginlostpassword wrote:anyway, back on topic, in response to your original post rockstar.

"oh you must be right thats it, how could i have been so silly, the brothers leg' design kites for the pleasure, why else would they patent and licence the designs."
Like I said on the Best forum Simon, maybe you should just shut up on this one.
Your arrogant and crass claims about the Legainoux bros motives simply define you, not them.
What you have expressed is an opinion not a fact, and opinion are like arseholes...........................

Maybe they love what they do, maybe they would like an income stream to keep doing what they love to do?

The very design of the kite you fly and the brand you so loyally support owes its actual existence to the Legainoux bros pioneering designs, remember?? :o

Kite Scarecrow
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Kite Scarecrow » Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:21 am

Rockstar wrote: Still think I will stick with conventional Rhinos though. The 06 looks good.
For a while ,at least!
So why the thread in the first place???
Goober

iAN

frigginlostpassword
Rare Poster

Postby frigginlostpassword » Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:25 pm

kitepower wrote:
The very design of the kite you fly and the brand you so loyally support owes its actual existence to the Legainoux bros pioneering designs, remember?? :o

loyalty, mmm surprised you can even type that word steve.....

can you say 'extrication'....

stoner
Medium Poster

Postby stoner » Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:10 pm

hmmm?... something to do with the Best 10 page employment contract perhaps???

Anyway, no need to arc up sq. Surely KP is free to call a turd a bloody turd (loyalty clause or not)?

I'm sure you can dig it :thumb:
the bullshit artist formerly known as sq225917 wrote:mmm, cos i have a history of slamming stuff i dont like, best bars, slingshot depower set up, slingshot strap attachments, production flysurfer titans. i can only comment about stuff from my experience...
Care to comment (more ;)) on your experiences with loyalty? :lol:

P.S. Couldn't you have chosen a better *NEW* username?
Maybe sq225917.5 or sq225917v2.01 ???
Just food for thought... (personally, I like the latter) :thumb:

Ozone Kites AUS
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 75kg
Local Beach: Lennox Head, NSW, Australia
Favorite Beaches: There is a reason I live in Lennox Head.
Style: Old Coot. strapped surfboard
Gear: Ozone 6/8/10/12 Reo V7, 10/14 Enduro v4, Zephyr V7, Edge V12 10M, Alpha V2 8/14M, Firewire Vanguard 5'2" and Evo 5'1" and Delta Designs ReVamp 5'9" couple of custom Blacksheep surfboards Mystic Stealth harness and stealth rope slider.
Brand Affiliation: Ozone, AxisFoils, Armstrong, Core, Cabrinha, Slingshot, North

Postby Ozone Kites AUS » Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:17 am

frigginlostpassword wrote:
kitepower wrote:

loyalty, mmm surprised you can even type that word steve.....

can you say 'extrication'....
Only the truth can set you free Simon.
Loyalty in this business, thats funny!! :lol:

Rockstar
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Rockstar » Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:09 am

Kite Scarecrow wrote:
Rockstar wrote:
So why the thread in the first place???

Goober

Hi Goober

The point of the thread (as if you didn't know! )was to draw attention to the inane,chidish bashing of the Crossbow by SQ and Alex gumball. While they feel they are safe in their little censored Best Forum World,they are slowly sinking beneath a tidal wave of public opinion.

HOW could any kiteboarder insult the Leganoux Bros by suggesting that they only came up with a new design so that they could licence it and make money??
It must be an amazing piece of luck that this "purely cash making" idea just hapened to produce a kite with:

1...Exceptional safety control

2...Exceptional wind range

3...Exceptional hangtime

4...Etc

If they hadn't produced Inflatable kites in the first place, (Just for the money ) we wouldn't be kiteboarding !

They seem to be blaming something else for their problems,and this is their pathetic way of retaliating .

I just dislike bullshitters .
I will call it out, whenever I see fit.

Anyway,I think I will get a Crossbow. The rants of the Best guys have just about convinced me there is something there !

Whats your fuken problem ??

You want a piece of me??

I'll throw you a bone !

Return to “Kitesurfing”