Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Peregrin Falcon: Nature´s fastest bird into ´08 kite desig

Forum for kitesurfers
dt
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby dt » Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:58 am

Bird flight has been studied for centuries and I doubt if anyone could learn anything new from birds that would apply to something as different as a kite. I think kites should look a lot more like birds as soon as birds start towing humans over water.

Animals have been outperforming humans for thousands of years and they run on biofuels. Should the car industry start studying animals to see how to make cars more efficient?

dt

MissionMan
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby MissionMan » Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:11 am

sq225917 wrote:this year we will mostly be searching for something/anything to support out latest fashion driven designs in the market place.

FFS.
Kewl, does that mean you're producing a helix design? Do you want the shipping address for my 3 free kites? :thumb:

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:11 am

MissionMan wrote:
sq225917 wrote:this year we will mostly be searching for something/anything to support out latest fashion driven designs in the market place.

FFS.
Kewl, does that mean you're producing a helix design? Do you want the shipping address for my 3 free kites? :thumb:
rotfl...ah thats true..you'd better save a copy of that post for sure...

lol
A.

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer

Postby sq225917 » Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:42 pm

FFS. (for f*** sake).

obviously i wasn't talking about us, it was parody.

Skyway Scott

Postby Skyway Scott » Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:56 pm

Same with mine (2 of them). Oh well. I thought it was funny. :D

abel
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2003
Favorite Beaches: Naxos, Kos, Rodos (prasonisi), Red sea, Cumbuco, Kalpitia (Sri Lanka)
Style: freeride, very light winds
Gear: Peak4, Airush Ultra, hydrofoil Moses 633

Postby abel » Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:11 pm

dt wrote:Bird flight has been studied for centuries and I doubt if anyone could learn anything new from birds that would apply to something as different as a kite. I think kites should look a lot more like birds as soon as birds start towing humans over water.

Animals have been outperforming humans for thousands of years and they run on biofuels. Should the car industry start studying animals to see how to make cars more efficient?

dt
dt,
You would be surprized how much humans learn and copy from nature, specially during the last decades. e.g protoypes of mechanic flying insects are already flying.

Even though kites and birds are different kind of animals, a bright observer might find SOME bird features that can be ADAPTED to the advantage of kites.

BTW, I would love having a dozen of trained of albatros towing me on one of those no wind days :lol:

Return to “Kitesurfing”