Dr_Rosen
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0

Postby Dr_Rosen » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:50 pm

Dr_Rosen
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dr_Rosen » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:56 pm

Interesting shape - looks kind of the opposite of both the Helix and the Batwing at the same time

Flyer51
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Postby Flyer51 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:17 pm

What an amazing looking kite, like no other kite actually.
I keep thinking I have seen a kite that looks like it somewhere, but I think it's actually a high tech plane I am confusing it with.
Can't wait to test one!

Dr.Gonzo
Frequent Poster

Postby Dr.Gonzo » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:19 pm

Dr_Rosen wrote:Interesting shape - looks kind of the opposite of both the Helix and the Batwing at the same time
thats quite funny... its much more simple than that though. Theory is just to have Lower AR like the Trix in the mid section and higher AR like the Sonic through the thrust section to the tips.

Mat at Globe has had this kite around for a good while in various forms but we were still quite surprised to see him casualy produce what was pretty much a final version earlier this year in mauritius.

Feedback wise... I didn't get to use it powered so I'm saying nowt until I get my test kite and get it lit.

I believe the GK crew got it out in more a more public spot at Le Mourne for the first time after I'd left ... that must be where that other photo is from.

Lookin' forward to getting one for sure.
Last edited by Dr.Gonzo on Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dr_Rosen
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dr_Rosen » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:24 pm

Dr.Gonzo wrote:
Dr_Rosen wrote:Interesting shape - looks kind of the opposite of both the Helix and the Batwing at the same time
thats quite funny... its much more simple than that though. Theory is just to have Lower AR like the Trix in the mid section and higher AR like the Sonic through the thrust section to the tips.

Mat at Globe has had this kite around for a good while in various forms but we were still quite surprised to see him casualy produce what was pretty much a final version earlier this year in mauritius.

Feedback wise... I didn't get to use it powered so I'm saying nowt until I get my test kite and get it lit.

I believe the GK crew got it out in more a more public spot at Le Mourne for the first time after I'd left ... that must be where that other photo is from.

But is it the final 08 design then or just a proto?

Dr.Gonzo
Frequent Poster

Postby Dr.Gonzo » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:29 pm

It does look sweet... what is also interesting (if you are into this kind of hing :roll: ) is that if you look closely at that last pap photo of the v-sonic you will see that it has the very simplistic bridle like the 2007 Trix fitted to it (ie: just a simple 2 point attachment bar the A-KPO which is optional anyway)

This means there is much less LE support ... the V-Sonic has been deliberately tested with this minimal bridle and still remained in solid shape. I am sure it will still come stock with a more Sonic like bridle (which is still very minimal by most SLE/Bow standards) ... but the fact it can be flown well lit and still stay in shape with much less bridle support is a good sign and indicative of how the new LE shape is also helping to make the kite more solid.

Dr.Gonzo
Frequent Poster

Postby Dr.Gonzo » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:32 pm

Dr_Rosen wrote:
Dr.Gonzo wrote:

But is it the final 08 design then or just a proto?
The kite in the photo is a proto of course... but a very late development of the design (note that it actualy has graphics etc). That kite is at least 6 months old now and there have naturaly been a few more tweaks since.

Anyway... I'm saying nowt else 'till I get one :wink: :thumb:

jmopd
Frequent Poster

Postby jmopd » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:10 pm

I wish we could have a review Era 10 or 12 m / V-Sonic 11 m :bye:

lezo
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Weight: 80kgs
Local Beach: I have local friends at many beaches now!
Favorite Beaches: Mostly riding these days North Fuerte beaches or wavespots of the French Atlantic/North coast.
Gear: Custom wavesurf board with RRD Religions, custom foilkite with Peak5s, Ozone Edges for boosting.

Postby lezo » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:14 pm

Some more new photos of the same VSonic here:

http://gkforum.free.fr/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=208#208

Flyer51
Frequent Poster

Postby Flyer51 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:33 am

More, more...

Return to “Kitesurfing”