Forum for kitesurfers
mv
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Ram Air Light Wind Lies

Postby mv » Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:16 pm

The saying "it takes all types" applies here too. Even though PMU is a coward and just pops in to drop a piece of dung once in a while without backing it up, ever, he has the right until the forum decides otherwise.

I just look at him as one of those little bugs that buzz around you while you are outside grilling on the BBQ. No real danger just an annoyance. Once you are done go inside and the bug is stuck out in the yard.

As for foil vs LEI, it is just about what you prefer. I use both. I have a 17m LEI kite and 12m and 8m foils. I prefer the foil kites for a number of reasons. Even with the higher price I prefer the foils, the kites just feel better to me. If I ever find a LEI kite that I like better I would switch. That said that is just what I like. Others may feel different and so be it.

The foil kites of today are just as good as any LEI kite. IMHO foil kites are better in some areas and not so good in others but then every kite is a trade off in one way or another.

aeberl
Very Frequent Poster

Postby aeberl » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:26 am

...PMU... not again ?!?!?!?!?

MissionMan
Very Frequent Poster

Postby MissionMan » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:14 am

The guy is here for the sole purpose of trolling. I ride LEI's and I would love to see this guy banned. He destroys every thread he is involved in, is this really how you want to run this forum Toby?

screven
Very Frequent Poster

Postby screven » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:57 pm

Just got back from 16 blissful days on Lake Michigan with my Flysurfer Silver Arrow 19. On five of those days I would not have even considered pumping up my Waroo and I was out parked and loaded on the Silver Arrow. The wind was averaging around 7mph with 5mph lulls and 10mph gusts most of the time. It was not the desperate light wind riding I often encounter at 10mph with the Waroo but well powered riding that allowed me to do down-winders and return up wind with ease. It is the first kite I have had that actually lives up to even the more extreme sounding claims we often hear. All that said, SA is a different animal from a typical SLE. The bridals require some patience and it's not the kite for moves that require rapid response or docile drift characteristics. All I know is I had a blast on days that I would have not been riding without it.

Chris

fernmanus
Very Frequent Poster

Postby fernmanus » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:19 am

PMU - what is wrong with you! You forgot to post all the reasons that foils are inferior to LEI's. Come on it is not that hard to cut and paste.

I don't feel like I have to defend using a foil kite anymore than I have to defend that I like to kiteboard instead of windsurf. To each their own, don't let PMU get your panties in a wad.

Return to “Kitesurfing”