Forum for kitesurfers
mv
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Dimitri leaving Eclipse Kites

Postby mv » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:05 pm

Sorry to hear the news. Some of the first videos I every watched were of Dimitri.

This does not look good for Eclipse. Dimitri was the company. I can not see Felix sticking around if his good friend departs but maybe I am wrong.

I just checked the Eclipse website and there is still no indication of what is afoot. They are evern still offering the Bullet Proof Warranty that is no longer in play.

Sad to see such a promising company go down.

I hope Dimitri can come back with another project.

Good luck.

TheKiteLife
Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: Playa Copal, Costa Rica. Mancora, Peru. Maui, Hawaii. The Gorge. Miami, Florida. Heineken Beach, St.Croix, Paros, Greece, Cape Town, South Africa
Brand Affiliation: Gabes Kite Life, Transcend Kiteboard Apparel, Blade Kites, Royal Kites, The Kite Life

Postby TheKiteLife » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:19 pm

Good on you Dimitri!

You have a solid brand image so next time make sure you are a co-owner, not a co-founder!

See ya on the water...

jakemoore
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2003
Gear: More wing than kite

Postby jakemoore » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:13 pm

I just left a job where I didn't agree with the direction the company was taking. I have never had a larger weight lifted from my shoulders. Good luck Dimitri!

p.s. - any news from Windwing these days?

toyletbowl
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Olbrich, Governor Nelson, Tenney, Burrows and McDaniels.
Favorite Beaches: Olbrich on SW and McDaniels on a SSW.
Sheboygan when it blows hard on a NE.
Style: Waves, Twin tip and Foilboards.
Gear: Whatever is available.
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha, Slingshot, Core, Armstrong, Axis, NP Surf, Ride engine, Mystic. www.kiteridersllc.com

Postby toyletbowl » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:49 pm

There has obviously been a lot going on behind the scenes lately and a lot of speculation in another thread, but I will vouch for Dimitri's integrity trying to go to bat for me as a dealer in the recent past.

Once the dust started to settle and he became more aware of all the problems, he was very persistent in talking to me almost daily via the phone and emails to help resolve our delivery of product issues.

Frustrating doesn't even come close to describe what we as dealers have been going through. Most of us who are in the business are in it due to an insanely passionate LOVE for this sport and to see a company with such strong potential and great products be run the way it was is disheartening to say the least.

Dimitri...thanks for getting this out in the open sooner than later.

Bob
www.kiteridersllc.com

kiter147
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Rio Grande, Puerto Rico
Favorite Beaches: My own beach
Style: freestyle
Gear: Cabrinha Nomad, 9m/11m

Postby kiter147 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:02 pm

that is really sad
what really got me into kiteboarding was dimitri and eclipse kites.
well good luck Dimitri for the future

bzhkite
Rare Poster

Postby bzhkite » Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:22 pm

that's a sad day for us ! good luck Dimitri !!! I'll stay tuned.... :thumb:

morebeer
Rare Poster

Postby morebeer » Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:36 pm

Will Felix stick around?
How about the C kite?
Dimitri and Felix had a good little thing going as a team
Great old school dangle from Dimitri and Felix really taking care of the wave side of things.
2 different images.
Really interested to see the out come.
MB

TheKiteLife
Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: Playa Copal, Costa Rica. Mancora, Peru. Maui, Hawaii. The Gorge. Miami, Florida. Heineken Beach, St.Croix, Paros, Greece, Cape Town, South Africa
Brand Affiliation: Gabes Kite Life, Transcend Kiteboard Apparel, Blade Kites, Royal Kites, The Kite Life

Postby TheKiteLife » Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:37 pm

Dimitri...I hope you read this...youre an icon in the sport and do the kind of tricks that the average person on beach stares at in awe. Instead of wasting your time with start up kite companies, by-pass all that and start working on getting some mega-major corporate sponsors into the sport. There is no reason we are not seeing you in Red Bull, Mt.Dew, MovieStar, etc commercials and such. While Hadlow and those guys have the big sponsors (and undeniably very talented), its your (and Felixs for that matter) type of riding which the mega sponsors want as its much more visable.

Create a whole new kite competition series if you have to, or do something while thinking outside of the box. We dont need number 53 of kite brand (or however there are).

And like I said before...dont get into such a silly business arrangment if what you wrote is indeed true.

-G

powerkitefan
Medium Poster

Postby powerkitefan » Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:41 pm

While it's tough to see such a prominent figure leave a brand that customers seemed to really like, it's great that you are stepping up and deciding you want only the best in terms of delivery in service. Your name is your brand, don't settle for second best.

http://www.powerkitesdirect.com

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:13 pm

hey guys//don't make this into something it isn't. It is not 'sad', it;s just a guy leaving a company. He obviously has new plans already, so wait for the good new and look for the new opportunities. Maybe Best will sign him up :-)

What I cannot understand though is how eclipse as a company does not come out with information. All the speculation is making the company look worse. Even in a deep hole, if you have any hope of saving the company you absolutely have to give customers information.

Anyhow, all the best for the new ventures..

Return to “Kitesurfing”