Board leash for wave riding

Forum for kitesurfers
kitezilla
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Board leash for wave riding

Postby kitezilla » Thu May 13, 2010 2:38 pm

tautologies wrote:I am in general not a fan of of board leashes, but I understand they can be necessary sometimes.

What I don't like is the breakaway plastic. Doesn't really matter that it doesn't break often, the solution is not sustainable. It litters the reef, and it never disappears. Make your breakaway solution with something that doesn't mess up mother nature. :-)

a.
Good point, taut...I bet a broken piece of 'zip-tie' flittering its way down through the water looks a lot like something a fish would want to eat.

One more reason to vote for a "Kamikuza Fuse"... nothing lost or deposited as waste in the environment...just the snap of the bungee and the click of the release.
Last edited by kitezilla on Sun May 16, 2010 2:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Silver Bullet
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Silver Bullet » Thu May 13, 2010 5:08 pm

The dozen or so zip ties are held in place by one cinched tight zip tie that encircles them all and secures them to the ring. No littering or plastics in the ocean... broken ties are discarded in the can after the session...

Ronnie - to answer your question, no snap back. I played with the tubing and bunjee cord until I had the combo I was looking for. The bunjee part of the leash has about 4" of give to it, enough to have some give, but doesn't recover its original shape with any real force to speak of. Never had the board come back at me, obviously would not be a good thing.....

ronnie
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ronnie » Thu May 13, 2010 8:05 pm

Silver Bullet wrote:The dozen or so zip ties are held in place by one cinched tight zip tie that encircles them all and secures them to the ring. No littering or plastics in the ocean... broken ties are discarded in the can after the session...

Ronnie - to answer your question, no snap back. I played with the tubing and bunjee cord until I had the combo I was looking for. The bunjee part of the leash has about 4" of give to it, enough to have some give, but doesn't recover its original shape with any real force to speak of. Never had the board come back at me, obviously would not be a good thing.....
OK just a small movement to act as a shock absorber.

What way does your kite leash work on that pulley bar?

Return to “Kitesurfing”