mykite
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Wainman Blunt 2 ?

Postby mykite » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:16 pm

hei peeps...

here you can win a NEW WAINMAN HAWAII BLUNT 2 !!!

cklick here

aloha

Hunt
Rare Poster
Local Beach: North East
Style: Aggressive
Gear: 09' Slingshot Rev 11m
Slingshot Lunacy 129
Mystic firestarter harness

Postby Hunt » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:45 am

@ kitenaked and mc8
Thanks for the replies about the blunt. The board sounds like just an all around fun board that will preform also. I just put in a order for the 130 blunt today and it should be in sometime in the following weeks. I can't wait to hit the water with it!

singlemalt
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: Many

Postby singlemalt » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:15 pm

The Blunts look way better this year. More pics here http://www.facebook.com/oceanextremespo ... 9879148798

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:10 pm

The edges look thick......ABS ?

MickC
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Dollymount

Postby MickC » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:58 am

So, anyone ridden one of these yet?

assmaster
Very Frequent Poster

Postby assmaster » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:38 am

Pitty that Joke board looks like a joke :( Everything else looks pretty cool.

Northern Monkey
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: East Coast, Western Cape, South Africa.
Style: Wave and Freestyle
Gear: Kites: Rabbits: 5m 7m, 9m, 10.5m
Twinnies: Wainman Joke UG Crypt 2011
Waves: Firewire 6.0 Gerraty 6.0 UG Skim
Brand Affiliation: Wainman

Postby Northern Monkey » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:29 am

Heads up:

Landed fresh batch of Blunts today. First impressions the boards look really good with some nice touches like the board bag, screw driver and fin bag. Screwed together in minutes really easy with no fiddling. I remember spending over an hour trying to put slingy boards together in the past trying not to thread the screws. The Blunts have loads of flex, plenty of rocker and a nice deep concave, looks like a duraglide base coat for the bottom, glossy on top. Should work really well in the choppy surf we have here in Vietnam. My biggest issue is should I go with the 130 or 135cm... I normally ride a 132 Underground styx when not on a surfboard. My gut feeling is to go with the 130 as its a little wider than the Styx which might compensate for lack of length. I weigh 92kg so jumping on a surf in lighter winds is no worries. I'll ride both boards as soon as conditions look good for a 9m in the next few days. I'll post close up photo's of the boards tomorrow for those that are interested. Looking at the retail price for the Blunts and the all the extra's you get I'd say their right on the money and good value.

Scott
http://www.stormkiteboarding.com/

Northern Monkey
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: East Coast, Western Cape, South Africa.
Style: Wave and Freestyle
Gear: Kites: Rabbits: 5m 7m, 9m, 10.5m
Twinnies: Wainman Joke UG Crypt 2011
Waves: Firewire 6.0 Gerraty 6.0 UG Skim
Brand Affiliation: Wainman

Postby Northern Monkey » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:20 am

As Promised http://www.stormkiteboarding.com/

Boards shown: 130cm in Green/Brown 135cm in Orange/Green.

Scott
Attachments
top-profile.jpg
top-profile.jpg (28.61 KiB) Viewed 2105 times
tip-profile.jpg
Rocker-Line.jpg
double-top.jpg
double-top.jpg (33.1 KiB) Viewed 2105 times
concavity.jpg
Base.jpg
Base.jpg (89.6 KiB) Viewed 2105 times
topside.jpg
topside.jpg (71.05 KiB) Viewed 2105 times

recoprianto
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kitebeach, Maui
Favorite Beaches: Sherman Island, CA; La Ventana, Mexico; all of NE Brazil; Kite Beach, Maui
Style: Freeride
Gear: North Neo, North Dice, Custom Surf, North Team Series
Brand Affiliation: North USA team rider

Postby recoprianto » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:37 pm

Northern Monkey wrote:Heads up:

Landed fresh batch of Blunts today. First impressions the boards look really good with some nice touches like the board bag, screw driver and fin bag. Screwed together in minutes really easy with no fiddling. I remember spending over an hour trying to put slingy boards together in the past trying not to thread the screws. The Blunts have loads of flex, plenty of rocker and a nice deep concave, looks like a duraglide base coat for the bottom, glossy on top. Should work really well in the choppy surf we have here in Vietnam. My biggest issue is should I go with the 130 or 135cm... I normally ride a 132 Underground styx when not on a surfboard. My gut feeling is to go with the 130 as its a little wider than the Styx which might compensate for lack of length. I weigh 92kg so jumping on a surf in lighter winds is no worries. I'll ride both boards as soon as conditions look good for a 9m in the next few days. I'll post close up photo's of the boards tomorrow for those that are interested. Looking at the retail price for the Blunts and the all the extra's you get I'd say their right on the money and good value.

Scott
http://www.stormkiteboarding.com/
I rode the 130 all last year, but will have a 135 this year as they seem to ride a bit smaller and they brought the width down on the 135 from last year. I am 6'-1" and 180 lbs.

Hunt
Rare Poster
Local Beach: North East
Style: Aggressive
Gear: 09' Slingshot Rev 11m
Slingshot Lunacy 129
Mystic firestarter harness

Postby Hunt » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:49 am

So i got the blunt a few weeks ago and have been loving the board every session since. My previous board was as a 129 slingshot lunacy so the jump to the 130 wainman blunt was quite noticeable as both the boards handle much differently. all in all i feel that the blunt is much more fun to ride compared to the lunacy in every condition so far except the lunacy does have better pop in perfectly flat water.

don't get me wrong.. the blunt pops very well.. but with the softer flex i don't get sprung as hard as the lunacy.. but that is a trade off that i'm willing to take because the blunt pops better than the lunacy when the water is anything but mirror flat. with the lunacy i always had to eye up a flat water section ahead to plan the trick around yet with the blunt it just mowed down the chop with such ease that it smooths out the surface well enough that it pops much more constantly in choppyer water.. (is choppyer a word?)

edging for jumps.. blunt is much more forgiving and lets you stay stuck to the water for just a hair longer to build that tension between you and the kite to shoot ya sky high.. i definatly think the blunt is a better board for throwing airs..

edging in general.. i was out in surf the other day with the blunt and was stunned to see that i could actually throw down a powerfull toe side turn with the board.. good edge grip.. it must be a combination between the added rocker and nice fins but the blunt carves real nice.

and yes it is true.. the blunt does have nice landing from big airs.. i'm us to splatting down with the flat rocker of the lunacy.. but with the added rocker and softer flex it smothes out harder landing very nicely.

the added rocker didn't slow me down any noticable amount on upwind or getting up on plane compared to the lunacy.. thats one thing i loved about the lunacy with its wide width and flat rocker.. it could be ridden in fairly light wind.. i like the smaller boards so i was worried about the 130 blunts added rocker would make the board ride much smaller than the lunacy.. not noticable.. they both have the same low end and the blunt may crank upwind a bit better as it holds a nice edge

also the blunt doesn't spray my face like a firehose in choppy water like the lunacy did.. i remember so many times i would just turn my head and face backwards because of the way the flat rocker on the lunacy drove through the chop.. blunt does a much better job of this.. minimal spray and i'm likeing the fact that i can see where i'm going when i ride.

my biggest gripe with the blunt is that the footstraps and pads suck.. lookes like an afterthought and they make this beautifull board look cheep. also the pads were cut in a way that it made it so you'd need to ride really duck footed to keep your heals in the center of the pad.. that may work for some people but i don't ride that way. Lucally i was able to fit a pair of 2010 liquid force luxuary pads and straps on the board.. what a difference! wow i had such a better experience riding the board.. and they make the board look really sick also. They were only $115 shipped off the internet also..

coming from the lunacy with no inserts for a handle i don't see why any board needs a handle.. so i filed off some screws and filled up the inserts on the blunt with them.. wish it didn't even have a option for a handle..

all in all i'm really happy with the transition i made from the lunacy to the blunt. the lunacy may be a better board to be on when the water is mirror flat but the rest of the time it was miserable.. the blunt excells in all the less than perfect conditions that i'm in 90% of the time and still feels great on perfect flatwater.. satisfied wainman coustomer here : )

Return to “Kitesurfing”