Forum for kitesurfers
stolitonic
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Slingshot 2012 kites

Postby stolitonic » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:33 am

nice looking update on the straps! laces are bothersome...is it true that the new misfit is lighter than 2010?

CaptainArgh
Very Frequent Poster
Style: freeride, surf, slicks, dwindr exploring
Gear: SS RPM 6, SST 8/10 and Rally 12

Re: Slingshot 2012 kites

Postby CaptainArgh » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:29 pm

CaptainArgh wrote:So, bought the 2012 10M Slingshot Rally, and laid it out on top of the 2011 version. Other than colors and graphics on things, the only obvious changes I can see are;

-scuff guard on the wing tips.
-little plastic tube on the end of the trim line.

I am assured that somewhere in this kite is a minor tweak to canopy or bridle, but I can't find it…bridle lengths and attachment locations are a dead match. Photos if you're curious;
I have heard from a couple people who've flown it that they do notice a difference. I'm not sure if they're drinking the kool-aid or not, but either way, take this for what it's worth, it's still a sharp kite and I can't wait to get out on the new 10M!
I have several sessions now on both my 10M and 14M 2012 Rally. I have flown both of them at the top of their wind range, if not exceeded it....they're rock solid!

I can't explain what the design change could have been, but yeah...conditions that would have made my 2011s do a momentary buckle at the bridle attachment have not happened. I've stressed it, I've leaned my 180 lbs. into it, I've flown it well overpowered...damn thing is stable. Note, the issue on the 2011s was a rare one for me, but I still saw it on both the 2011 10M and 14M in gusty overpowered conditions.

Buy 'em.
They kick ass.
Tear it up!

Return to “Kitesurfing”