bandit 6

Forum for kitesurfers
JMF
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Re: bandit 6

Postby JMF » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:57 pm

dwt wrote:What is it with kite companies that makes them unable to color one side of their bar in red?
Why. Red on right is general rule of thumb. Why would you need to color the bar to know that. The line is red :-?
Westozzy wrote:At least there is a swivel this time! Shits me after a while on a looping session. Just don't Ike my front lines twisted.
Where? has that been confirmed? would be nice. The triangular swivel on front lines "thingamabob" never worked.

Séb
Frequent Poster
Gear: Flysurfer, Core, Shinn, Moses, Horue

Postby Séb » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:05 pm

JMF wrote:
Westozzy wrote:At least there is a swivel this time! Shits me after a while on a looping session. Just don't Ike my front lines twisted.
Where? has that been confirmed? would be nice. The triangular swivel on front lines "thingamabob" never worked.
Well, I said swivel but I refer to the part they used on the past Bandit that is on the front line at the Y. It works ok if it is kept clean and lubricated but tend to not work so great after a while. I guess that in salt water it is just worst. The B5 that I tried for few hours was working great in that regard but it was brand new.

Rorke
Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0

Postby Rorke » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:47 pm

JMF wrote: Why. Red on right is general rule of thumb. Why would you need to color the bar to know that. The line is red :-?
Red goes on the port side, or left side.

If manufacturers wanted to go a step further, the starboard side could be green.

JMF
Frequent Poster

Postby JMF » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:30 pm

Rorke wrote:
JMF wrote: Why. Red on right is general rule of thumb. Why would you need to color the bar to know that. The line is red :-?
Red goes on the port side, or left side.

If manufacturers wanted to go a step further, the starboard side could be green.
I understand that BUT many moons ago (C-Kite days) a lot of manufacturers start putting RED lines on the RIGHT hand side of bars to avoid confusion rigging. Cabrinha,Wipkia and F-One all did it and it kind of stuck. Nothing to do with sailing theroy :wink:

omg
Very Frequent Poster

Postby omg » Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:28 pm

hey, anyone know about the bar pressure and turning forces needed of the B6 compared to B5? They are saying B6 has more direct feel etc. so does it translate to more forces needed to steer and hold the kite through the bar?

Thanks!

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012

Postby Westozzy » Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:34 pm

JMF wrote:
dwt wrote:What is it with kite companies that makes them unable to color one side of their bar in red?
Why. Red on right is general rule of thumb. Why would you need to color the bar to know that. The line is red :-?

Oh is that what you are talking about. No that stupid thing doesn't work.

dt73775
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Alameda, Sherman
Gear: Bandit 4, Ozone V9

Postby dt73775 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:02 am

yup-i concur , that stupid thing doesn't work. That's why if your the type of guy who strings up his kite and never cares about how twisted the center lines are ( North guys - now that thing works) - beware the bandit - walk up towards your kite untangling your lines- then walk down untangling your centerlines............................

wetdog
Medium Poster

Postby wetdog » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:48 am

The new bar looks good though. :wink:

jack bush
Medium Poster

Postby jack bush » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:43 pm

The swivel works just fine.
Had Bandits for a few years now, never lubricated the swivel and never cleaned it... now and then washed the bar in sweet water, that's it.
If there is tension in the lines then the swivel will work.
No tension then it gets stuck and won't twist.

Color coding - The lines are coded red, grey and green, and there is a big red "Fone" on the left floater and a green one on the right. enough for me.

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012

Postby Westozzy » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:38 pm

jack bush wrote:The swivel works just fine.
Had Bandits for a few years now, never lubricated the swivel and never cleaned it... now and then washed the bar in sweet water, that's it.
If there is tension in the lines then the swivel will work.
No tension then it gets stuck and won't twist.

Color coding - The lines are coded red, grey and green, and there is a big red "Fone" on the left floater and a green one on the right. enough for me.

Okay tell me how you actually unswivel the front lines with this thingamajig. ??

Return to “Kitesurfing”