Local Beach: salinas/PA-Brazil
Favorite Beaches: Salinas/PA Cumbuco/CE
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Epic Kites 3rd Generation. 3G II

Postby hmattar » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:22 pm

Thanks everyone for the amazing tips.

Jono, i really love my Rebel, the thing is, before the rebels i flew 4 line kites and never been in the situation the rebel put me after droping and tangling.

If it weren't for that I would stay with my rebel. I know the tangle is my fault, but well, since I can't change myself i can change my kite.

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:07 am

I agree with everything in Jono's post.

14ToeSide
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: Sandy Spit
Gear: North, Ozone, Naish, Flysurfer
Brand Affiliation: What ever works Best that year

Postby 14ToeSide » Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:13 am

Sounds like a :happybirthday: to me!!

knotmyfault
Medium Poster

Postby knotmyfault » Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:45 am

windsuks wrote:I was lucky enough to be at the test for SBC magazine and also try a few of the kites....lets just say I will be sticking with the Screamers (and the Renegades for the waves etc)

It's really cool to try other kites and I know you have to give it time to get used to the feel etc of anything new you try but nothing I tried came close to what I want from a kite.

Today we were out on the ocean side and did a big downwinder in pretty big surf...I love the 5m Renegade!
Have you tried the Core? I'd like to have your impressions,, Speed, hang time, bar pressure, etc. What model, size and wind strength...
Thank you

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:54 am

Thanks everyone for the amazing tips.
Jono, i really love my Rebel, the thing is, before the rebels i flew 4 line kites and never been in the situation the rebel put me after droping and tangling.
If it weren't for that I would stay with my rebel. I know the tangle is my fault, but well, since I can't change myself i can change my kite.
Hello Mr. hmattar,
If you like your NORTH "Rebel 13" then for sure go with the SCREAMER model. But go with the SCREAMER 14 because we don't make a 13. The 13 comes only with the RENEGADE models. Then you can have the RENEGADE 11 and the SCREAMER 14. Or just skip the RENEGADE 11 and get just one kite, the SCREAMER 12. Then you can sell your NORTH "Rebel 13" and have only one quiver for now. Or get the SCREAMER 10 LTD and the SCREAMER 14. I know so many choices....
Any way if you need more info you can always email me at: dimitri@epickites.com and will do my best to help you choose your quiver.

On another note, these pictures are from today while testing the RENEGADE 7 and REEF 6'0" surf board during Hurricane Sandy.
Attachments
1.jpg
3.jpg
2.jpg
6.jpg
IMG_6381 10.jpg
IMG_6418-2 15.jpg

windsuks
Very Frequent Poster
Style: surf/old school
Gear: Airush/North/Ozone/RRD

Postby windsuks » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:58 am

To be perfecttly honest I was really looking forward to trying this kite, I was on the Prototype Screamer 10m and then swapped kites on the water for a 12m GTS and then straight back onto the 10m Screamer after this.

It was immediately noticeable the lack of feedback at the bar, it felt pretty vague but the real surprise was the lack of power, the Screamer 10m felt way more power than the 12m Core!? The Screamers offer more bar pressure but for a reason.
Maybe there were other settings to use (I never checked the settings as it was handed over on the water) but that was how it felt to me.

I have seen people in the past well powered on small Core kites when others have been on larger kites but this 12m felt underpowered. It was the first time I'd tried the kite and i'd like to try it more or maybe one of the other models to see if just that model.

knotmyfault
Medium Poster

Postby knotmyfault » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:07 am

Ok thank you,,,
The North seem to go very well, as well as the Screamer

Nice shots Dimitri...

JamesVegas
Frequent Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby JamesVegas » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:58 am

Do you get a free gladiator outfit and a miniature toy sword with the Spartan board? :D

Séb
Frequent Poster
Gear: Flysurfer, Core, Shinn, Moses, Horue

Postby Séb » Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:22 pm

To be perfecttly honest I was really looking forward to trying this kite, I was on the Prototype Screamer 10m and then swapped kites on the water for a 12m GTS and then straight back onto the 10m Screamer after this.

It was immediately noticeable the lack of feedback at the bar, it felt pretty vague but the real surprise was the lack of power, the Screamer 10m felt way more power than the 12m Core!?
The kite you've tested was the GTS2 which is their C kite so it's normal not to feel as much power (low end) than the Screamer 10ltd. If you had tried their XR2 then you would have been quite powered. I ride both the Screamer and XR2, and the bar pressure is much less on the XR2 so you have to get use to if you are normally flying kite with medium to high bar pressure.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:24 pm

Do you get a free gladiator outfit and a miniature toy sword with the Spartan board? :D
You mean this JamesVegas
:thumb:
Attachments
DSCN4183.jpg

Return to “Kitesurfing”