Forum for kitesurfers
teo
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Epic Kites 3rd Generation. 3G II

Postby teo » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:17 am

Hey Dimitri, why don't you pop to the Bahamas for a couple of days ? forecast is looking good from Thursday on..... :D

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:47 pm

Hello guys these are the dates will be doing demos in FLORIDA (USA) from the Keys all the way up north to Coco Beach. And maybe if I have some time go to the Bahamas also. :thumb:
You can always email me directly at: dimitri@epickites.com to find out where our next demo will be. But right now will be doing our second demo in the Keys on December 1st to the 2nd. So come and join us and see for yourself what EPIC is all about.
Attachments
FLORIDA EPIC DEMOS.jpg

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.

Postby Dimitri M » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:09 pm

Hello guys,
Will be in SANIBEL ISLAND at the light house for some EPIC demos tomorrow Thursday November 29th for one day only. Then will be heading to the KEYS at OTHERSIDE BOARDSPORTS for more EPIC demos from Friday November 30th to December 2nd. So if you are near Naples or Tampa or Fort Myers come and demo the EPIC kites tomorrow in SANIBEL island. And if you can't make it tomorrow, then come and join us on Friday in the Keys. This is your chance to found out why people love these kites so much.
Attachments
FLORIDA EPIC DEMOS SANIBEL ISLAND.jpg

Goannaman
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Cocoa

Postby Goannaman » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:32 am

I have a total beginner question about what kite to buy. I'll be looking to purchase my own gear soon (first water lesson planned for Saturday). I'm strongly leaning towards Epic because of the commitment to customer service that seems pretty apparent here, since all the major brands seem about equal in quality. I'm kind of fat at 90k, hoping to be dropping some soon, 80k being a realistic target.

I live in Orlando, FL, Cocoa is my closest beach, with the Tampa area being just a bit further. I'm leaning towards the Renegade 11. I'm making a few assumptions here:
1) The wind ranges for each kite might be wider for a beginner only working on water starts, learning to stay up wind, and transitions (I'm not sure on this, I'm assuming the wind ranges for each kite assume an 80k rider boosting etc.).

2)I have a wider wind range with the 11, a TT and a surfboard, than with the 13, a TT and a surfboard (9-25 vs. 8-20).

3) Eventually I'd like to add an infinity for light wind days, along with a 9 or 7 for heavier days (when my skills are up to it), and it seems like there is too much overlap between the infinity and 13 to be really worth it to me.

Please let me know what you think, and correct any misconceptions I may have.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:15 am

I have a total beginner question about what kite to buy. I'll be looking to purchase my own gear soon (first water lesson planned for Saturday). I'm strongly leaning towards Epic because of the commitment to customer service that seems pretty apparent here, since all the major brands seem about equal in quality. I'm kind of fat at 90k, hoping to be dropping some soon, 80k being a realistic target.
I live in Orlando, FL, Cocoa is my closest beach, with the Tampa area being just a bit further. I'm leaning towards the Renegade 11. I'm making a few assumptions here:
1) The wind ranges for each kite might be wider for a beginner only working on water starts, learning to stay up wind, and transitions (I'm not sure on this, I'm assuming the wind ranges for each kite assume an 80k rider boosting etc.).
2)I have a wider wind range with the 11, a TT and a surfboard, than with the 13, a TT and a surfboard (9-25 vs. 8-20).
3) Eventually I'd like to add an infinity for light wind days, along with a 9 or 7 for heavier days (when my skills are up to it), and it seems like there is too much overlap between the infinity and 13 to be really worth it to me.

Hello Mr.Goannaman, and thank you very much for your interest in the EPIC kites as your first quiver of kites.
If you are looking for a quiver of kites, so you can kite in 7 to 22 knots the INFINITY V2 and the RENEGADE 11 will be your best bet + (1) BAR. No need to spend money and get the RENEGADE 13 LTD. Then later on you might want to get a RENEGADE 9 once you get better for stronger winds. But for now the RENEGADE 11 will be your best bet to start with.

Now if you are more interested in kiting from 12 to 25 knots then the RENEGADE 13 LTD and the RENEGADE 9 will be your best bet. But get the RENEGADE 13 first so you can start kiting from 11 to 18 knots because these are safe winds for beginners. Also as a beginner the Twin Tip will be way easier for you to kite on. But again the best size Twin Tip will be the DROID 135x41cm. So you can use it for all conditions.
Any way if you need more info you can always email me at: dimitri@epickites.com or meet me on the beach during the EPIC demos I will be doing in Coco Beach or any where in Florida or just call me.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:07 pm

I guys, this has nothing to do with Kiteboarding but wanted to share with you what we have been working on. This is our new SUP (8'5") board.
Who knows..... you might want to use this new SUP with the INFINITY V2 light wind kite in the surf during one of these very light wind days.
Attachments
8'5" SUP from EPICKITES.jpg

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:58 am

What a great turn out we had at Sanibel Island today. We kited until it got dark. The wind was up and down (7 to 12 knots) from 1:30 all the way to 3:00 pm So we pumped the SCREAMER 14, RENEGADE 13 and the INFINITY V3 prototype. But then by 3:30 the wind picked up from 11 to 16 knots. Perfect for the RENEGADE 13 and SCREAMER 14. But also perfect to test the high end of the INFINITY V3 prototype.
I just want to thank all the locals for having us doing the EPIC demos at their local beach. Great place you guys have.
We are on our way to the KEYS next. See you there Friday, Saturday and Sunday. See you at Anne's beach.
:bye:
Attachments
2.jpg
Dimitri showing the OXGEN v2.jpg
Dimitri having fun during his demos.jpg
Dimitri with INFINITY V3 & OXYGEN.JPG
Dimitri having fun on OXYGEN v2 and INFINITY in 9 to 12 knots.jpg
1.jpg
3.jpg
5.jpg
DSCN0189 15.jpg
DSCN0247 5.jpg
DSCN0262 1.jpg
DSCN0192 14.jpg
Last edited by Dimitri M on Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Flight Time
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Venice Beach
Skyway Bridge North
Style: Freeride
Gear: 12 Epic Screamer
14 Epic Screamer
12 Liquid Force Havoc
16 Cabrinha Switchblade

Postby Flight Time » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:28 am

Can't delete this post. Disregard. :lol:
Last edited by Flight Time on Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Flight Time
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Venice Beach
Skyway Bridge North
Style: Freeride
Gear: 12 Epic Screamer
14 Epic Screamer
12 Liquid Force Havoc
16 Cabrinha Switchblade

Postby Flight Time » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:47 am

Goannaman wrote:I have a total beginner question about what kite to buy. I'll be looking to purchase my own gear soon (first water lesson planned for Saturday). I'm strongly leaning towards Epic because of the commitment to customer service that seems pretty apparent here, since all the major brands seem about equal in quality. I'm kind of fat at 90k, hoping to be dropping some soon, 80k being a realistic target.

Well, I can vouch for the customer service, having bought from Dimitri in the past. He is always willing to work with customers in finding the right kite for their style of riding and he stands behind his product. I have not dealt with many other brands in the past, but it seems to me that the bigger the company is, and the more available it is, the less personalized the service, and the less they stand behind their product.

As far as a produt recommendation, I would start with a Renegade 11 or 13. I would lean a little towards the 13 because of your weight and the ratio of windy days to light in Florida. It would suck to drive 2 hours to Tampa and not be able to have a session at all because the forecast was a little lighter than the forecast led you to believe. The Renegade is very stable, which is good for learning and generally getting out and enjoying yourself faster.

Once you learn your style and have had the chance to ride in all conditions, you might want to demo a Screamer if you are leaning towards spending more time in the air. I have a 12m and have just ordered a 14m, and this kite is all about giant floating boosts. As kite desing and choice is all about give and take, the Screamer makes up for in boost what it gives up in stability, which makes it not as good a kite to learn on, but rather a kite to choose when you are experienced.

As a side note, I am not affiliated with Epic kites or any other kite company, but I am a believer because I have gotten nothing less than stellar personal service from Dimitri, and his products are always exactly what I have been led to expect them to be.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:51 pm

This is a very interesting video I found on YOUTUBE. Especially when you know how many Alligators are in these waters.
You better trust your EPIC kite. :wink:

Return to “Kitesurfing”