Forum for kitesurfers
edt
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Michigan
Gear: ride hard, no regrets

Re: Naish Park 2013 Bar options

Postby edt » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:13 pm

If you aren't worried about using your QR it's true you can run any bar on any kite, but if you do want a safe kite you want to make sure that you only run single flag out control bars on kites which are designed for a single line flagging.

Here's the complete list

2012-2013

Y mini 5th cabrinha north best airush epic switch gk core ocean rodeo

single center line flag out: ozone slingshot liquid force wainman blade naish

both best and cabrinha will be using single center line flag out for the main control bar for 2014

The reason best and cabrinha will be moving to a single line center flagging system is that if you use a mini-5th with a Y in it, you rely on the bridle to depower the kite. This limits the design characteristics in particular you need a longer bridle and pulleys so the kite can rotate.

I would not suggest using a North control bar on a 2013 Naish Park I would be worried about the safety of the quick release. But you can use any bar in the list above, ozone, slingshot, liquid force, wainman, blade or naish. Or if you get a 2014 bar you can also use a cabrinha or best control bar.

Also correct me if I'm wrong, I thought the older Naish kites were Y mini-5th so you can use a North bar with I believe 2011 and earlier Naish kites.

boyceduke
Medium Poster
Local Beach: cambersands
Favorite Beaches: el gouna, egypt
Style: freeride/freestyle
Gear: all sorts
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby boyceduke » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:26 pm

edt wrote:If you aren't worried about using your QR it's true you can run any bar on any kite, but if you do want a safe kite you want to make sure that you only run single flag out control bars on kites which are designed for a single line flagging.

Here's the complete list

2012-2013

Y mini 5th cabrinha north best airush epic switch gk core ocean rodeo

single center line flag out: ozone slingshot liquid force wainman blade naish

both best and cabrinha will be using single center line flag out for the main control bar for 2014

The reason best and cabrinha will be moving to a single line center flagging system is that if you use a mini-5th with a Y in it, you rely on the bridle to depower the kite. This limits the design characteristics in particular you need a longer bridle and pulleys so the kite can rotate.

I would not suggest using a North control bar on a 2013 Naish Park I would be worried about the safety of the quick release. But you can use any bar in the list above, ozone, slingshot, liquid force, wainman, blade or naish. Or if you get a 2014 bar you can also use a cabrinha or best control bar.

Also correct me if I'm wrong, I thought the older Naish kites were Y mini-5th so you can use a North bar with I believe 2011 and earlier Naish kites.
cheers EDT very helpful info, appreciate all the help guys, lets pray for some wind now, I want to test this puppy soon

tony montana
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: naples fl
Favorite Beaches: naples fl
Style: waverider
Gear: north
Brand Affiliation: north nash cabrina any kite with a safety system that works i mean works
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby tony montana » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:54 pm

Naish bar and lines are great quality,just clean De Power rope when you enter water QR is one of the best and pour boiling water over swivel every now and again,i love my parks best quality kites ive had,and ive had lot of different brands,TONY

Return to “Kitesurfing”