Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Kiters going out in conditions beyond their abilities?

Forum for kitesurfers
Bob Marley
Frequent Poster
Style: Jumps and waves
Gear: Small c kites that don't have bridles and no 5th line. Epoxy surfboards.
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Kiters going out in conditions beyond their abilities?

Postby Bob Marley » Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:35 am

edt wrote:Bob Marley if you go out into forums that are way beyond your capabilities don't expect me to save you when you get powned.

For me to get owned one of you has to know what your talking about and be able to make a coherent point to discount anything I've posted. :nono: That is never going to happen because I am right. You want me to rescue your ass on the water? And after I help you come up to me with tude on the beach and demand I rush to your aid quicker?

f*** off my time is better spent getting more waves. :bye:

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:50 am

Bob Marley wrote: No you stfu...learn to read. Fuckin idiot.
bla blah....or reading about you and Supa Ez riding 19m kites.
Learn to read (and write) fukkin idiot....I haven't had a kite that big in years!

You somehow are trying to speak to this person you had an encounter with, by addressing the people here as if everyone here were him
....what the fukk are you talking about?

Smoke some more, and then claim your mind is clear and your intellect is not clouded. :lol:

Flyfish
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Nor Cal
Style: Wave
Gear: Flysurfer

Postby Flyfish » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:03 am

Last edited by Flyfish on Thu May 17, 2018 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012

Postby Westozzy » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:04 am

This topic is a hell of a lot more interesting than the daily posts on here from tools like westozzy whining about his local kite forum or reading about you and super ezs riding 19m kites.[/quote]

Fark man leave me out of your shit dude. But while I'm here you'd fit right in on our local forum. They love this irrelevant tabloid banter. Big fish in a very very small pond.

I thank god there are a plethora of experienced guys on this forum on a worldwide basis that puts you to the sword and keeps you accountable. Most the experienced guys don't bother on mine anymore because the carrying capacity for Guys has been exceeded a long time ago.

Although I suspect there is an element of darkness in you that thrives on such banter.

Personally I find it relatively amusing but don't bring me into your shit fight mate.

Mention me again out of context and I'll join in the lancing of your ridiculous posts.[/quote]

:whogives:

Bring it bitch.. Haha you ain't shit.

Kite forum is practically dead now and all that's left posting here are clueless keyboard kiters... You guys gobble down Toby's lame air style shiz. :o bwahaha Nuff said!!!![/quote]

Man you have really lost the plot now. Strapless surfboard riding hey, yeh you rock. By the way I do both, what about you numbnuts? ...and from someone who does both I can categorically say which is harder to master and it ain't riding a surfboard with a kite. Maybe you were just a kook on a surfboard to start with and now think you are some king dick in the waves. Not that I should bother most dope smokers I know can't coherently follow a line of argument beyond a remedial approach anyway.

Bob Marley
Frequent Poster

Postby Bob Marley » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:11 am

Oldnbroken wrote:
Bob Marley wrote: No you stfu...learn to read. Fuckin idiot.
bla blah....or reading about you and Supa Ez riding 19m kites.
Learn to read (and write) fukkin idiot....I haven't had a kite that big in years!

You somehow are trying to speak to this person you had an encounter with, by addressing the people here as if everyone here were him
....what the fukk are you talking about?

Smoke some more, and then claim your mind is clear and your intellect is not clouded. :lol:

Are you trying to say you and the other keyboard kiters aren't that dumb to go in conditions you shouldn't be in? Wtf do you know anyway the only waves you ride are white caps on a lake.

Since you are half retarded let me explain something you are not getting through your geriatric head: nobody gives a shit what you say or think, old timer. You, super ez, same= difference. And my mind is a lot sharper than yours mr illiterate can't read and comprehend 3 sentences and retain the info long enough to make a coherent post. Haha idiot. Go drink drink more booze then tell post about the lame ass kiting and lifestyle you have in Texass. :rollgrin:

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:13 am

I kind of sympathize with Marley. I have no idea how this became a screaming match, but plenty of times I've tried tell someone it might not be a good idea today, and then having to help them out because they did not listen.

As an example: A bunch of us were out on 6 and 7 m kites. Its off shore and gusty..good waves, but super shallow and only a few channels ie you must get upwind. It is not a completely forgiving place.

This guy comes and ask about the conditions...we tell him, and he proceeds to pull out an 11 meter kite. The guy weighed 30-40lb less than me and was not very experienced. I tell him it might not be a good day for that kite, and he proceeds to tell me to mind my own business because he really wanted to go and it was his only kite.

It took him about 3 minutes to get in trouble. Kite downed. Lost board etc.

Now we have to help and it could have been avoided easily by him listening. That frustrates me because it is not uncommon, and because I then have to pull in gear and risk both my gear and to some extent my feet. It has nothing to do with localism nor skill discrimination, just some guys that will not listen.

Bob Marley
Frequent Poster

Postby Bob Marley » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:14 am

Westozzy wrote:This topic is a hell of a lot more interesting than the daily posts on here from tools like westozzy whining about his local kite forum or reading about you and super ezs riding 19m kites.

Fark man leave me out of your shit dude. But while I'm here you'd fit right in on our local forum. They love this irrelevant tabloid banter. Big fish in a very very small pond.

I thank god there are a plethora of experienced guys on this forum on a worldwide basis that puts you to the sword and keeps you accountable. Most the experienced guys don't bother on mine anymore because the carrying capacity for Guys has been exceeded a long time ago.

Although I suspect there is an element of darkness in you that thrives on such banter.

Personally I find it relatively amusing but don't bring me into your shit fight mate.

Mention me again out of context and I'll join in the lancing of your ridiculous posts.[/quote]

:whogives:

Bring it bitch.. Haha you ain't shit.

Kite forum is practically dead now and all that's left posting here are clueless keyboard kiters... You guys gobble down Toby's lame air style shiz. :o bwahaha Nuff said!!!![/quote]

Man you have really lost the plot now. Strapless surfboard riding hey, yeh you rock. By the way I do both, what about you numbnuts? ...and from someone who does both I can categorically say which is harder to master and it ain't riding a surfboard with a kite. Maybe you were just a kook on a surfboard to start with and now think you are some king dick in the waves. Not that I should bother most dope smokers I know can't coherently follow a line of argument beyond a remedial approach anyway.[/quote]

I don't care how good you think you can surf I know you are shit at kiting. Riding hooked in like you do I have seen old women and girls do it. Wake me up when you learn to unhook and can ride frontside. And can you even keep your kite outta the water? :bye:

Bob Marley
Frequent Poster

Postby Bob Marley » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:15 am

Flyfish wrote:Piece of shit.

You looking in the mirror again? :nono: :rollgrin:

Bob Marley
Frequent Poster

Postby Bob Marley » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:22 am

tautologies wrote:I kind of sympathize with Marley. I have no idea how this became a screaming match, but plenty of times I've tried tell someone it might not be a good idea today, and then having to help them out because they did not listen.

As an example: A bunch of us were out on 6 and 7 m kites. Its off shore and gusty..good waves, but super shallow and only a few channels ie you must get upwind. It is not a completely forgiving place.

This guy comes and ask about the conditions...we tell him, and he proceeds to pull out an 11 meter kite. The guy weighed 30-40lb less than me and was not very experienced. I tell him it might not be a good day for that kite, and he proceeds to tell me to mind my own business because he really wanted to go and it was his only kite.

It took him about 3 minutes to get in trouble. Kite downed. Lost board etc.

Now we have to help and it could have been avoided easily by him listening. That frustrates me because it is not uncommon, and because I then have to pull in gear and risk both my gear and to some extent my feet. It has nothing to do with localism nor skill discrimination, just some guys that will not listen.

This is why I like kiting alone.

I agree. Some people need to be told it might not be a good idea to go out. :argue: But if they do go ok fine with me, just don't expect to get rescued and if someone does try to help that's great but don't count on it happening.

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:37 am

Bob Marley wrote:Are you trying to say you and the other keyboard kiters aren't that dumb to go in conditions you shouldn't be in?
Nobody was saying anything.... prior to your random ramblings from your thc coated synapses.
.....you smoked a blunt and then felt compelled to rant at the general public about how tough it is for you to help someone.
Most of us that have a competency on the water, can help others when needed, without it being a huge sacrifice that causes us to throw a temper tantrum. :cry:

Return to “Kitesurfing”