Pump on the beach....public property?

Forum for kitesurfers
Bille
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Mohave
Gear: Ozone Edge
Brand Affiliation: Barz Optics
Jaybar Dynabar V7

Re: Pump on the beach....public property?

Postby Bille » Thu May 15, 2014 7:49 pm

t3rse wrote: ...
I wouldn't even be remotely bothered if someone picked up my pump while I was out and used it so long as it was returned in the same condition to the same place I left it.
YES -- that about covers it !! :thumb:

And if the guy Did get pissed, i'd offer him a Cold Beer, & say : "Sorry" .

Bille

Hawaiis
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kailua
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Hawaiis » Thu May 15, 2014 7:57 pm

SupaEZ wrote:Every kite beach should have a pump :pump: that all can share attached to a long strong metal chain

Just like those cheap pens at the bank :lol:
They do that in Communist countries, the wait to use the pump is 3 hours, by the time you get to use, it never worked.

revhed
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: france
Gear: kites

Postby revhed » Thu May 15, 2014 8:06 pm

A kite pump is a tool. as a man would you use any tool of the others without asking? :?:
And as for my pump, it has a sand filter on the intake and a one way valve at the nozell, sanded perfect to not slip out of my bladder. Also oiled perfectly for little friction. I hate sticky pumps!!
As 3 of mine have been broken by inconsiderate non asking guys, mine always goes back either in a kite bag or car. A great idea is to a pump bag as a kite sand bag, just turn it inside out after the session to clean and then protect your tool for travel.
I would never even consider using someone elses pump without permission, like a board or kite.
just because something does not cost very much does not make it communial! Respect.
A second back up pump like a second harness always lives in my car. :idea:
R H

hightimes
Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0

Postby hightimes » Fri May 16, 2014 1:20 am

Yo donchin i see your pretty busy hahaha

donchin
Frequent Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby donchin » Fri May 16, 2014 3:07 am

:jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :hi: :kiff: :kiff: :kiff: :kiff:

BWD
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BWD » Fri May 16, 2014 3:16 am

nice work ;)

gmb13
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1998
Local Beach: Flag Beach, Fuerteventura
Style: Everything
Gear: Indiana, Sailmon
Brand Affiliation: Indiana, Sailmon

Postby gmb13 » Fri May 16, 2014 9:20 am

revhed wrote:A kite pump is a tool. as a man would you use any tool of the others without asking? :?:
And as for my pump, it has a sand filter on the intake and a one way valve at the nozell, sanded perfect to not slip out of my bladder. Also oiled perfectly for little friction. I hate sticky pumps!!
As 3 of mine have been broken by inconsiderate non asking guys, mine always goes back either in a kite bag or car. A great idea is to a pump bag as a kite sand bag, just turn it inside out after the session to clean and then protect your tool for travel.
I would never even consider using someone elses pump without permission, like a board or kite.
just because something does not cost very much does not make it communial! Respect.
A second back up pump like a second harness always lives in my car. :idea:
R H
Exactly!

I used to be ok with people just taking and using my pumps, but here on Fuerte that ends up being quite a few people a day and my pumps lasted about a month before being trashed as most kiters do not know how to take care of it and just leave it lying in the sand with the shaft exposed etc. Being nice is one thing, but there are limits.

I now put my pump back in my kite bag so its out of sight, and I usually say no when someone want to borrow it (there is a compressor on the beach).

--
Gunnar

SonnyRider
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Local Beach: A muddy estuary 40 miles from home called Weston super mare.
Favorite Beaches: So many. In no particular order - Outer Hebrides, Wales, Cornwall, Mauritius, Cape Verde, Portugal, Brazil, Barbados, Sardinia
Style: Strapless surfboard & strapless foiling
Gear: Airush Wave 7, 9, 10, Ultra v2's 7, 10, 14 and sometimes my GF's Airush Diamonds, 5.5, 7, 9, 12, Varial X 14m

Firewire Evo Helium 5'3" , Airush Converse 6'. Shinn Mega k carbon with a 75cm mast. Building a 120 carbon pocket board
Brand Affiliation: I like the build & ethics and kites from Airush. I've had Ozone, Liquid Force, PLKB, Flexifoil

Postby SonnyRider » Fri May 16, 2014 2:03 pm

gmb13 wrote:I used to be ok with people just taking and using my pumps, but here on Fuerte that ends up being quite a few people a day and my pumps lasted about a month before being trashed as most kiters do not know how to take care of it and just leave it lying in the sand with the shaft exposed etc. Being nice is one thing, but there are limits.

I now put my pump back in my kite bag so its out of sight, and I usually say no when someone want to borrow it (there is a compressor on the beach).

--
Gunnar
I was pretty much like you, at my local spots. When I visited Brazil, one day, 20+ people used my pump :roll:
Three people asked and only one said thank you :cry:
The remainder of the holiday the pump was hidden out of sight

Back home the last time I said yeah, sure you can, as I was about to set off. I came back to find it amongst the guys bags :x

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Fri May 16, 2014 2:26 pm

I pump my kite while checking the wind & water conditions then go back to car to put it away
Then i grab the best one of my two surfboards to have the most fun on

If i happen to be pumping and someone comes along and ask to borrow it i do one more better

I say go ahead and lay out your lines....i will be more than happy to pump your kite :pump: :surf:

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Postby Laughingman » Fri May 16, 2014 3:13 pm

SupaEZ wrote:I pump my kite while checking the wind & water conditions then go back to car to put it away
Then i grab the best one of my two surfboards to have the most fun on

If i happen to be pumping and someone comes along and ask to borrow it i do one more better

I say go ahead and lay out your lines....i will be more than happy to pump your kite :pump: :surf:
What if they had left their lines attached.... then what?

Return to “Kitesurfing”