Core Roit XR3/GTS2 or F-one Bandit

Forum for kitesurfers
cool
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Core Roit XR3/GTS2 or F-one Bandit

Postby cool » Sun May 25, 2014 7:18 pm

Has anyone ever compared the Core Roit XR3/GTS2 and F-one Bandit?

I some weeks ago I tested the latest F-One bandit, but I read a lot of good reveiws about the Core kites.
What I want to do?: having fun, like nice jumping, kiteloops, and a bit unhooked

jespin4845
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Worth, FL
Jupiter, FL
Style: Freeride/surf
Gear: kites and boards
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Core Roit XR3/GTS2 or F-one Bandit

Postby jespin4845 » Mon May 26, 2014 1:35 pm

Is there no one that have tried the two brands? I am curious also as i just got a used bandit that i havent flown yet and am also interested in trying a gts2

cool
Rare Poster

Postby cool » Mon May 26, 2014 5:16 pm

Why to you want to go to the GTS and not the Riot?

jespin4845
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Worth, FL
Jupiter, FL
Style: Freeride/surf
Gear: kites and boards

Postby jespin4845 » Mon May 26, 2014 6:34 pm

gts2 is more C type of kite, I found that I like C type kites more than the bow type like riot, i used to have a 2012 switchblade as one of my first kites and it was great to progress on, but now is boring

jb8431
Rare Poster
Local Beach: sherman island
Style: freeride, freestyle
Gear: core kites

Postby jb8431 » Mon May 26, 2014 10:07 pm

Hey Cool,

I have been riding core for 6 years. love their kites.
I have ridden the bandit and even bought the bandit 5 in it's season, but sold it fairly quick as I did not like it. actually I should say I liked core a lot better.

First of all whether you get the GTS2 or the Riot xr3 the adaptation to kite behavior is instant as core does a tremendous job of making the kites very intuitive. your kite flying abilities will improve and become much more advanced with these kites as they have behaviors that allow you to feel the kite much better than the bandit.

the xr3 and GTS2 are very different kites. the xr3 is has smooth powerful lift with very good hangtime, but kite loops are more tame and the kite has wider turning radius... while the GTS2 has more eplosive lift with similar hight, but less hang time. the GTS2 turns faster, responds to bar input faster, and has incredible boost for really thrilling kiteloops. You would be able to unhook with either, but the GTS2 is more oriented to unhooking and will have more dead moment after popping unhooked better than the xr3.

a friend of mine flies the bandit and really likes it, but I find core to have a better jumping and kiteloops plus the canopy is a lot tighter then the bandit which i found luffs a lot and needs more fine tuming to get the best feel out of it. obviously if you got a bandit you will probably be happy after time on it, but Core seems to have a feeling that is instantly comfortable to most anyone who gets on them. they really know how to tune the kites to feel very intutive and this in my opinion makes flying them much easier and gives you greater confidence to try more advanced maneuvers. this does not mean they are beginner or inferior in performance than the bandit. it means they have tuned them to be much more intuitive.

bottom line is based on what you are looking for I would get GTS2.
XR3 is for advanced oldschool/freeride/wave riding. xr3 has much more top end stability and you could get away with 1 or 2 kite quiver depending on wind speeds you kite in. the GTS will begin to get punchiy if riding overpowered in gusty wind.

both kites are fantastic and all around oriented with a specialty emphasis....xr3 is bigair, huge wind range, and can do all other areas well, but not nearly the freestyle, kiteloops, or unhook ability of the GTS2

ask me any specific questions about either kite if you need more info.

Séb
Frequent Poster
Gear: Flysurfer, Core, Shinn, Moses, Horue

Postby Séb » Tue May 27, 2014 3:34 am

I had a quiver of B6 and now I ride on XR3 bit I also have tried the B7 (well B2-B7) and I had three rides on the GTS2. I personally much prefer the Core for many reasons but the Bandit are great kites too. The comments above sums it all pretty well, nothing to add more as I perfectly agree also about the GTS2 being closer to the actual Bandit but maybe you could/should wait till the new GTS3 release in about a month. I personally will have a mixed quiver of the XR3 and GTS3 this season. What I really like with the Core kites is the overall quality, the performance, the large inflate/deflate valve, the nice ultra light bar and also the fact that they do not change models every year.

pmaggie
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Gera Lario, Como Lake, Italy
Favorite Beaches: Lo Stagnone (Marsala, Sicily - Italy) - Soma Bay (Egipt) - Cabarete (Dom Rep.) - Kite beach (Maui)
Style: Freeride
Gear: Core XR4 11, Core Riot XR 7, Core Riot XR2 15, Flysurfer Speed 5 21, Flysurfer Sonic 3 13
Shinn Bronq 136x42, Shinn Bronq XL

Postby pmaggie » Tue May 27, 2014 8:12 am

Go for the Core, I have tested several Bandits during the last years and I always eventualy choosed the Core. Far better IMO, now I own three of them.
Between the XR3 and the GTS2, they are in some aspects similar in some others very different. From the XR you have to expect versatility, stbility, enormous wind range, a very predictable flight, good hang time and relaunch. Upwind also is fantastic. The XR does not excel in kiteloops and unhooking IMO. The GTS is more reactive, fantastic for unhooking and incredible in kitelooping. It has less wind range and requires a more skilled rider to give its best. Hangtime is less but it's more explosive when jumping.
The "direct competitor" of the Bandit is for sure the XR, the GTS is a more specific loop machine, suited to aggressive riders.

cool
Rare Poster

Postby cool » Tue May 27, 2014 12:29 pm

Thank you all for you respond.

I defiantly need to test the Core's :-)

The only difficulty is that I'm in between freestyle (kiteloops/unhooked) and oldskool (board off's, rollers, ...)
So I need to test the both.

You say the airtime is less. But how much if you compare it in numbers, like: GTS2:6 XR3:9?

What quiver do you advise me (80kg)?

Do you also have experience with the Core Fusion?
Seems like a nice board.
In in comparison, I already tested the Fone Trax and ACID, where I like the ACID more (better pop). Trax whas to smooth.

s1buell_wl
Very Frequent Poster

Postby s1buell_wl » Tue May 27, 2014 1:23 pm

What about this thread?
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2384820

I cant help don't know either but I seen this and thought wow.... I do like the core kites know a few guys that have them and love them.

cool
Rare Poster

Postby cool » Tue May 27, 2014 2:05 pm

Noticed it to, but don't know if this also can happen with the Bandit 7.
And secondly, this could be just a one issue. I know also a lot of happy F-one users

But these kind of problems I haven't found on the web with Core kites (maybe F-one is also selling more kites compared to Core ?)

Return to “Kitesurfing”