Gear: Cabrinha FX / Moto / Contra
Core GTS / XR / Nexus
Ozone Edge
Peter Lynn Swell
Brand Affiliation: www.skymonster.com
Has thanked: 0

Re: Serious pinholes issues on the 2014 Ozone REOs

Postby Jake-Skymonster » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:30 am

Perhaps it's the Ozone's rep in the US? We've never had any issues with warranty on Ozone kites in the UK nor I can remember any problems with leaks / pin holes on new kites. Have you tried getting in touch with Ozone directly?

plummet
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: EE
Favorite Beaches: NZ
Style: Terrain riding
Gear: Old wornout ozone.
Plummet hydrofoil and mutant
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby plummet » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:40 am

Jake-Skymonster wrote:Perhaps it's the Ozone's rep in the US? We've never had any issues with warranty on Ozone kites in the UK nor I can remember any problems with leaks / pin holes on new kites. Have you tried getting in touch with Ozone directly?
Yeah. I second that. My guy in NZ is awesome. But then I guess the design team is in NZ so he can go straight to the head honcho's if there's any issues.

Robsw6
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Hayling Island
Favorite Beaches: One eye, Sidi Kaouki, Big Bay, Gwithian & Hayling
Style: Powered
Gear: Reedins, Orbit2s & Surfboards (Cabrinha's & Naish), Nomad/TAD Mutants, Flash 4'10 & Naish Pro 4'10, Moses Hydrofoil & North Atmos

Postby Robsw6 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:16 pm

Jake-Skymonster wrote:Perhaps it's the Ozone's rep in the US? We've never had any issues with warranty on Ozone kites in the UK nor I can remember any problems with leaks / pin holes on new kites. Have you tried getting in touch with Ozone directly?
+1 the UK/European reps fell over themselves to assist when I had a bar/stopper issue

jetboy
Medium Poster

Postby jetboy » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:09 pm

KiteRunner wrote:I am the original poster of this post, and I feel like I need to add something. I just spoke to a local kiter-friend here in Miami. Turns out he bought a brand new Ozone and the kite has leaking problems. He contacted Ozone and requested that they replace the kite. (It is brand new) He got the same idiotic response I did. They told him this is normal wear and tear. The person at Ozone he spoke to is Lee, and this is the same guy I spoke to when trying to resolve my issues.

Once again, a brand new kite which turn out to be a lemon/defective.
Once again, Ozone refuses to "man up" to their warranty and respect the money costumers drop on their expensive kites.

This is ridiculous. I would NEVER buy an Ozone product again and will make sure to tell everyone I know about my experience and the experience other people have had with their customer service (or lack off)

Shame on you Ozone!!! Your customer service is a joke to the industry.
99% of the time when an ozone has a slow leak, it's a grain of sand under the inflation washer. Simply unscrew the valve and clean washer (both sides). :thumb:

dwaynej
Medium Poster
Gear: Kites
Been thanked: 0

Postby dwaynej » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:49 pm

A buddy on the beach commented his Edge's were full of pinholes. Loves the Edge and that is his only complaint and would purchase again.

I have a bunch of Switchblades with the 2DR fabric and that fabric appears to be bullet proof but I heard that when it rips, it can rip rough making repairs a little messy.

FredBGG
Very Frequent Poster

Postby FredBGG » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:13 pm

Hannay wrote:
Hi Kiterunner, we have used the same material form the same supplier for the 2014 REOs as the 2012 REO, the first change of material was brought in March 2014 with our new Edge, when we changed to double rip stop D2 manufactured by the same supplier. I dont know what was different with your 2014 REO experience, I wish we had an answer to that.

I am sorry that you feel hard done by with the situation of your kite, your feedback has been taken on board during our lengthy product meeting this morning.

I sincerely hope that you continue to enjoy the sport and have fewer problems with the next brand that you choose if you decide not to stick with Ozone, I hope you will stick to Ozone.

All the best, Iain
What about the part about Ozone not wanting to see the kite unless the customer paid for shipping .....

That is ass backwards. First of all a company with international shipping will have very good cheap rates.

I would also imagine that a kite manufacturer would really like to see up close what is probably a product defect / limitation.

KiteRunner
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Crandon Park/Miami Beach

Postby KiteRunner » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:20 pm

FredBGG wrote:
Hannay wrote:
Hi Kiterunner, we have used the same material form the same supplier for the 2014 REOs as the 2012 REO, the first change of material was brought in March 2014 with our new Edge, when we changed to double rip stop D2 manufactured by the same supplier. I dont know what was different with your 2014 REO experience, I wish we had an answer to that.

I am sorry that you feel hard done by with the situation of your kite, your feedback has been taken on board during our lengthy product meeting this morning.

I sincerely hope that you continue to enjoy the sport and have fewer problems with the next brand that you choose if you decide not to stick with Ozone, I hope you will stick to Ozone.

All the best, Iain
What about the part about Ozone not wanting to see the kite unless the customer paid for shipping .....

That is ass backwards. First of all a company with international shipping will have very good cheap rates.

I would also imagine that a kite manufacturer would really like to see up close what is probably a product defect / limitation.

As I said before, they just don't care. From the moment you pay for your kite, they ship it to you, and don't want to hear from you again. (Unless you want to buy anther kite of course)

I dealt with many other kiting company's in the past, and the industry standard is really good. Other company's warranty their products and go out of their way to find out if there are defective issues. Ozone does not do that, and the guy running their US division (Lee) is useless. It took me a long time to get any sort of response to my emails and phone calls. It's a real shame as I would imagine the US market should be important enough to have real people running the show and not some "clown" who does not have any idea how to service consumers.

Return to “Kitesurfing”