Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Are the Euros ruining kiting? Answer is yes.

Forum for kitesurfers
Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Re: Are the Euros ruing kiting? Answer is yes.

Postby Toby » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:23 am

Bille wrote:Seriously ---- How do "WE" learn : "to get along with each other " ?
Simple: we are earthlings. no matter the color, religion nor where we were born. That would solve 90% of all problems worldwide.
But, looks like humans are too stupid to get it.

Bille
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Mohave
Gear: Ozone Edge
Brand Affiliation: Barz Optics
Jaybar Dynabar V7

Postby Bille » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:55 am

Toby wrote:
Bille wrote:Seriously ---- How do "WE" learn : "to get along with each other " ?
Simple: we are earthlings. no matter the color, religion nor where we were born. That would solve 90% of all problems worldwide.
But, looks like humans are too stupid to get it.
Nice one Toby !! :thumb:

I personally got a more Optimistic view for Humanity :
The sum total of mans knowledge ; It's doubling every Year now.
IF
Humanity can just hang-on , for another century or two ; i, "Think" --- there's
Great things in our future ?

Bille

plummet
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: EE
Favorite Beaches: NZ
Style: Terrain riding
Gear: Old wornout ozone.
Plummet hydrofoil and mutant
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby plummet » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:57 am

Well that's a racist thread heading.

The heading should be,. "are tourists ruining kiting" Then there is no racist accusations.

Any way. Time for you to move to a less popular spot. Surely there are secret spots that the tourists don't know about?

dusta
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby dusta » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:52 am

Jbrook wrote:I have lived in Brasil for the last 7 years where the majority of visiting kiters are Euros. For many months we could ride and peace and harmony in Paracuru where I lived, I normally kite around 300 plus days a year. Come August as the Euros start to invade Brasil our spot turns into a battle ground. Is it so hard to learn priority for the spot you are riding?? is it so hard to look before you jibe nice person?? I am confrontational so I never minded calling people out who were acting like assholes on the water, but I never felt like the people changed how they rode after we had a talk. Always voices got raised but normally they were cowards and backed down and went to sit back at their table with the 10 idiots who they travel with from home. It might be normal for you to wrap someone at home daily but here it is not. In my 7 years here I have only wrapped up with someone once and it was his fault he fell doing a transition 5 feet from shore I was standing on the beach talking to friends with my kite low over the sand and he still wrapped me. Next he threw his release and his leash so now I had 2 kites pulling me. As I decided what to do I looked downwind it was a Saturday and there were some swimmers in the water straight downwind and a few people on the beach luckily two of the locals boys saw what was going on and got to the kites as I struggled to hold them down as I had waded out to waist deep water to help me not get dragged straight downwind as that is how our spot is. This year I almost had my head cut off by a guy who was with Core who they did a demo at our spot for a month for the dealers one of their team guys or someone very close to them who I have seen for numerous years was coming off the bottom of a wave I think on the inside he turned and dove his kite so fast and so close to me it made me flinch really hard. So I went up to him as he was coming off the water and told him a few things like the arrogant kook he was like I didnt see you what did I do?? He knew what he did and was a smart ass he deserved a beating, his level is very high thus he should be aware of anyone very close downwind to him, a few friends of mine confirmed how close his kites came to me less than a foot for sure German nice person they are some of the worst when confronted. Master race yeah right :rollgrin: Toby is the coolest German I know and Gerhard also so no offense boys. Many times when it one guy traveling alone or with one other friend they take the time to learn the rules or talk to locals but when it is just a big group of kooks they think they can act however. It is so bad some of the local kiters do not even kite at the spot during the season they exclusively go downwind but I think that is ridiculous they never ride at the spot which is one of the best in the world. I come from a surfing background where respect and courtesy are very important when you are traveling around if not you usually get your ass beat and or run out. But these idiot kiters seem to think they are entitled because they spent a bunch of money on equipment and their trip to act like assholes. Go back to golf assholes. I tried to talk to the Pousada owners who are mostly Italian to educate their guests with a few signs around Pousada or whatever but since these guys are kooks they don't see the big deal. They just sit around smoking cigarettes all day and acting arrogant like they are the shit, fricking kooks. It is called sustainable growth you nice person. You move half way around the world and want to make a buck off a country that is poor and do not understand this concept?? You fucking Euros think you are better than Americans that is where I am from just goes to show you are uneducated travelers and deserve to be thrashed. So read this as constructive criticism and tighten up your game Barney. Of course there are many super cool Euros but definitely the minority when it should be the majority. :angryfire: :rollgrin: :nono: So if you don't like this letter you can piss off!

Jbrook
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Are the Euros ruining kiting? Answer is yes.

Postby Jbrook » Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:53 am

Sorry it is not all tourists just the ones from the countries I posted. Americans, Canadians, Mexicans, Peruvians, Argentines and many other countries that come integrate well with the rules and culture. It is the arrogant Euros that are the problem, sorry truth hurts. Not being racist just telling it like it is Guys. :baby:

andrepen
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Buzios, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Postby andrepen » Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:59 am

This is the most stupid post I have ever seen in Kiteforum. Full of anger. Toby, please, delete it. We need good content.

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:23 am

Jbrook wrote:Sorry it is not all tourists just the ones from the countries I posted. Americans, Canadians, Mexicans, Peruvians, Argentines and many other countries that come integrate well with the rules and culture. It is the arrogant Euros that are the problem, sorry truth hurts. Not being racist just telling it like it is Guys. :baby:
Phew! I thought it was yanks who were arrogant... Thanks for dispelling that myth!

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:44 am

andrepen wrote:This is the most stupid post I have ever seen in Kiteforum. Full of anger. Toby, please, delete it. We need good content.
not the best topic, agreed, but with postings like this there comes a message...should be expressed in a different way though, but the topic is hot, since there are problems at some spots, as you can tell.
Kite tourists should keep a low profile towards locals and know about certain spot rules.
This is also valid for going to national spots.

We all need to know how to approach new spots. Like Cauipe lagoon...new people should sit down, watch the game and ask others, how the things work there...would solve many problems and discussions.

Had it many times...having a rotation in a small area with 3 guys...then this beginners drops right in and blocks us...this is not cool and makes some people angry. 1 or 4...guess who will win this fight.

As long as we get this discussion going in a mannered way...it will have valuable info.
Jbrook, would be nice if you watch your words, then people will listen more likely what you have to say.

alamos_kiter
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: yes, I use gear.

Postby alamos_kiter » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:52 am

I think it is a good thread.

Firstly it shows the true colors of Jbrook. He's a racist with some money who believes that, after being guest in a foreign country for 7 years, he's entitled to enforce self proclaimed(*) "rules" by manhandling other guests of that country. If you ever need a photographer in that area, at least now you know what kind of guy you book if you book Jbrook.

Secondly it shows that most people here have experienced cultural differences when traveling. Stereotypes are cheap, say, fat sweating white middle class Americans in shorts throwing around with money, Japanese tourists laden with cameras, Germans wearing white socks and sandals blocking hotel sun beds with their towels at 8:00 in the morning, Spaniards being loud and Italians being louder, pissed tattooed Brits in muscle shirts singing football songs the whole night, asf. This is how we are. Tourists are not pretty.

And thirdly, it shows a typical human reflex: it's never me, it's always the others, or simply: people are a problem. You know how many times I've heard the sentence: "(insert name of tourist destination) is a nice country, if it were not for the people."

(*) would be interesting to see Jbrooks comment if a Brazilian policeman came along, enforcing the legally applicable rules, say COLREGS, upon him by breaking his nose a bit.

Jan:)
Frequent Poster

Postby Jan:) » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:28 am

It's seven years of kiting 300 days a year?

And the worst things that happened to you is one tangle on the beach and one person turning so close to you that

it made you flinch really hard.

And this is what the post is about?

Return to “Kitesurfing”