Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm
Has thanked: 0

Re: Core - I'm giving it to you straight

Postby SupaEZ » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:00 pm

I just can't grasp the concept of twisting
My memory muscles just can't recall ever doing this movement during my whole lifetime
I think i should just panic :desperado:

Last edited by SupaEZ on Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

noel
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: none
Been thanked: 0

Postby noel » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:33 pm

If your gonna open the door, I'm gonna walk in.

SupaEZ,

Let's take your example. But the pic shows someone pulling the door open but we don't use pull releases and most people open doors while not in an emergency. Let's use the push of the door to open instead. 2 doors. Stay with me! 1 door is a twist to open and 1 is grab the knob and push to open. Now grab a camera to record this as it might be funny. (or not) Step back @ 10 ft. or so. Now run toward the door and see which one opens as you grab the release and which doesn't. I don't completely see it as muscle memory but a bit more physics.

SupaEZ wrote:I just can't grasp the concept of twisting
My memory muscles just can't recall ever doing this movement during my whole lifetime
I think i should just panic
My memory muscles are going to fail me since i only know to push in a kite emergency

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street

Postby SupaEZ » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:04 pm

noel wrote: The pic shows someone pulling the door open
Don't completely see it as muscle memory
But he had to twist first...something does open up.. in kiting it would be the chicken loop :thumb:
That's right about the muscle memory bit...i am making fun of that theory :lol:

This photo with door closed :wink: shows him about to naturally twist and quick release the latch
We've all used our grip and wrist muscles just like that all of our lives...we are trained for that
Just sayin ...the Core QR works good

Last edited by SupaEZ on Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:05 pm

Supa uses a twist release system Core bar when the wind is light.
In those winds it does not matter what the release system is, he could get by with his very old non opening chicken loop and be pretty safe.
When he is in real wind he uses a North kite and a North bar that has a really reliable push release chicken loop.
I want a push release, when things go bad in 30+.
And the twist system is not going to work well for any kiter who uses non rigid hook type spreader bar, and there will be more and more of those for directional riders as we move forward.
The Core system seems to stay the way it is, so they can claim is is awesome and superior and super duper technically designed and then charge a ton of money for it.
Complicated bar systems are a bad idea and companies should be looking to make them more simple, with less moving parts, which would be safer.. and cost less money.
But what do I know, I still think One Pump is not needed.

Starsky
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Starsky » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:23 pm

SupaEZ wrote:I just can't grasp the concept of twisting
I think i should just panic :desperado:

Clearly pulling your knob is your most ingrained motor pattern.

Certainly to argue in favor of the one and only twist release safety on the market is an exercise in the above.

A push is the same for both right and left handed riders and will release even when not used with a standard harness hook, or when lines are not under tension.

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster

Postby SupaEZ » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:32 pm

I like both systems equally well...and would feel 100% safe with either one in any strong 30-40 kn winds
As mentioned before the times that i had to use both systems was to release kites in heavy waves
Has happened 3 times high winds big waves with Rebels to let the kite wash in to try to prevent damage
Same with Riots 3 times in light to moderate winds but in surf that was heavy and i had to QR it

No brainer...i knew which bar i was on...the release was just as quick and my kites came out alive

Thank you Core and North for keeping us and our equipment safe :thumb:

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster

Postby SupaEZ » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:21 am

OnB wrote:Nice kites...not worth what they ask for them.
I liked your original question on page 1 better.... before you edited it today :wink:
You were inquiring about how much was a Core 7 sqm GTS3 (for 30+ winds) & their bar also

Hey Boss...you have 3 businesses with young female employees....so go for it...you can afford it
BTW i wish you no more mature kidney stones

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:04 am

I was not gonna get an answer to my original question about cost.

At a premium price Core offers nothing that my current kites don't.
Rabbits and Renegade are working perfectly for me.
.....and my quiver cost a fraction of what of a quiver of Core kites would.

I didn't get to be rollin' in dough like I am :roll: by throwing money away needlessly!

Correction...2 business locations, I sold one location two months ago....yay!
Gonna sell the other two, the bitches are driving me crazy.

Thanks for the well wishes for no more kidney stones, drinking lots of water and no more soda pop.
Mature (your reference to old age) has no bearing on kidney stones.
They can happen at any age, but most commonly occur between the ages of 20 and 40.

Not sure why you try to suggest editing a post is a bad thing or something comical.
It's sometimes a great idea to make changes to improve accuracy, add humor, or to remove something negative.
Can you explain why you feel (or pretend you feel) editing is not good ?

PeterB
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Isle of Wight
Gear: CORE GTS4 7,9,12
Slingshot Turbine 2012 17m
Been thanked: 0

Postby PeterB » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:37 am

Nice Kites. I've got a 2013 XR2 13.5 Complete, I don't feel so comfortable up to the "rated" top end which is supposedly 22 knots for the average 75kg rider , (myself), but really smooth when moved through the window, good upwind and jumps. Inflating is a doddle

Fantastically designed bar, much nicer than my cabrinha bar as its really easy to see how much depower you've used; but I've had some issues with the core still. Outside lines are great and so strong, inside line needs replacing/editing often as I found It flayed a lot over time and stretched a lot. Depower above bar is nice, but the Velcro to stick it to is a pain and over time peels off and loses stickiness. Extendable length is great.

Kite bag is amazing, easily fits 2 kites. Plenty of pockets, just really nice.

Phenomenal customer support and the warranty offered is great.

459 Euro for the standard bar is a bit of a joke. I also think that their kites are a little overpriced. (But then again I think that all the main brands charge far too much for new gear; north, cabrinha etc.)

I could get almost get a couple of bars from competitors offering similar warranty's for that price... I don't think I could ever afford to buy from them for new gear.

Just my opinions.
Last edited by PeterB on Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

pmaggie
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Gera Lario, Como Lake, Italy
Favorite Beaches: Lo Stagnone (Marsala, Sicily - Italy) - Soma Bay (Egipt) - Cabarete (Dom Rep.) - Kite beach (Maui)
Style: Freeride
Gear: Core XR4 11, Core Riot XR 7, Core Riot XR2 15, Flysurfer Speed 5 21, Flysurfer Sonic 3 13
Shinn Bronq 136x42, Shinn Bronq XL

Postby pmaggie » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:12 am

Are Core kites so expensive in the USA? Here in Italy the cost more or less as any other kite (with the exception of the less expensive), if you buy Core, Cabrinha, Ozone or RRD the price is quite the same. I spent for my XR4 11 with the Pro Bar and the new Core pump about 1700 euro. The pro bar costed me 100 euro more than the standard one, so "normal" price is about 1600. Take for example this offer:

http://www.sportmission.com/product/973 ... -2015.html

The 11 is priced 1388 euro, only kite, no bar.(a North bar in the same shop costs 439 euro), far more than Core. Cabrinha cost a little less, Switchblade 11 market price about 1200 euro plus bar (~400), same as Core. Naish about 1550 complete and so on.

Return to “Kitesurfing”