Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Slingshot SST compared to 2012 Rally in Madison, Wi.

Forum for kitesurfers
toyletbowl
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Olbrich, Governor Nelson, Tenney, Burrows and McDaniels.
Favorite Beaches: Olbrich on SW and McDaniels on a SSW.
Sheboygan when it blows hard on a NE.
Style: Waves, Twin tip and Foilboards.
Gear: Whatever is available.
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha, Slingshot, Core, Armstrong, Axis, NP Surf, Ride engine, Mystic. www.kiteridersllc.com
Has thanked: 0

Re: Slingshot SST compared to 2012 Rally in Madison, Wi.

Postby toyletbowl » Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:27 pm

Hi Romkite,

Glad the info is helpful. The Revs and Octanes were closer aligned in riding performance to the new Rally than the SST in my opinion. The 2016 SST does have lighter bar pressure in smaller sizes, and is just FAST turning with crazy good drift even with the bar pushed out which is hard to find.

They won't ever bring back the REV. The new 2016 Rally though is different than past Rally's. I ride a lot of strapless boards and never liked the Rally's due to too much pull through the turns and when straight overhead when doing tack transitions. The kite would pull me off the board.

However....with the new Sentinel bar, there's more depower and throw with the bar, so that power can be dumped better when needed. I'm lucky to have a lot of demo kites to choose from, but at times I'll be out on my Rally's and twin tip and want to then do some runs on my surf boards, but I don't want to change kites. I NOW like the Rally's much better with a surfboard, but for wave riding the SST is still much better.

Hope this helps,

Bob
www.kiteridersllc.com

Return to “Kitesurfing”