Woo3 and Xensr compared

Forum for kitesurfers
joriws
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Flysurfer, HQ, Moses, Nobile, North, Ozone
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Woo3 and Xensr compared

Postby joriws » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:38 pm

Pemba, at scatter chart I turned on the equation for least distance trendline and got Woo3 => Xensr formula:

Xensr-m = 0.5377 * Woo3-m + 0,8039m :o

SI-m formula is to be resolved because I'd need the camera-rig.. :lol:

deniska
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Plumb Beach
Favorite Beaches: Cabarete
Gear: FS, Core

Postby deniska » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:18 pm

Woo3 seems to exaggerate height on smaller jumps but levels off on jumps over 12meters..
Recently we witnessed a couple of different guys doing 14-15m jumps on woo3 and everyone on the beach agreed that it was pretty accurate reading..
Also, woo3s got more consistent readings from what I have seen.
One of our guys used to put 4-5 woos on the board and then post the highest reading online. :-)
With woo2 the difference between them on highest jump was frequently over 1 meter.
Now with Woo3s, the readings are usually within 10cm (assuming that the woos are mounted close to each other; you can still cheat by mounting them far from the center of the board, but the locals don't do it since it's seen right away)

Pemba
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Local Beach: Murrebue
Gear: Eleveight FS, Shinn Bronq

Postby Pemba » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:08 pm

Joriws: Ok, great, thanks, I'll try that out for fun, I happen to have both as well. My knowledge of statistics is long gone, but there is measure of how close the formula matches the results no ? I mean Excell can match a formula to just about any set of data but that doesn't necessarily mean very much.. I guess I'm taking it all a bit too serious..

kiterocky
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Montpellier
Gear: Wipika
Brand Affiliation: Wipika

Postby kiterocky » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:18 pm

Still expensive for a toy with no reality test...

COOP
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Everywhere
Favorite Beaches: All Australian beaches.
Style: Freeride
Gear: North

Postby COOP » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:39 am

14-15mts.......it's that easy folks! You can jump higher than a 5 story apartment block with a WOO :roll:
It amazes me that the WOOers really think that they are jumping 9,10,12,13,14,15mts with ease. Don't let the WOO turn your brain to mush because as a novice not a pro kiter you really do look like fools thinking you are reaching these heights.
Stay real people :thumb:

deniska
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Plumb Beach
Favorite Beaches: Cabarete
Gear: FS, Core

Postby deniska » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:33 am

COOP wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:39 am
14-15mts.......it's that easy folks! You can jump higher than a 5 story apartment block with a WOO :roll:
It amazes me that the WOOers really think that they are jumping 9,10,12,13,14,15mts with ease. Don't let the WOO turn your brain to mush because as a novice not a pro kiter you really do look like fools thinking you are reaching these heights.
you don't need to be a pro do boost a little.. just need balls and experience ;-)
I clocked more than 28,500 jumps on woo and more jumps before it became a thing, so I think I can assess heights of others correctly..
I mean you can easily tell if a guy goes noticeably higher than half of his line lengths?
And no, it's not that easy and there are maybe 2-3 guys at any big local community who can do that.. and only on special days..

kiterocky
Very Frequent Poster

Postby kiterocky » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:19 am

COOP wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:39 am
Now with woo its full of retard that think they are pro..

Macster
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Melbourne
Gear: Moses and Ozone

Postby Macster » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:41 am

This thread does explain a little... lately some intermediate kiting buddies armed with new Woos have been saying they jumped 15m and 16m at one of our local flatwater spots (no kickers). When I've been out with them, I havent seen them jump much more than 10-12m according to my naked eye and comparing to other rider's kitelines as they go past.

It's a shame if Woo have done this deliberately and it will only damage their sales and credibility in the long term.

Hitting a legitimate 10m on a jump without a kicker is a decent effort, 15m on a kicker for an intermediate kiter is also a great effort.

Im slowly and carefully learning kiteloop jumps with a secondary downloop but not going much more than 8-10m for now whilst I get the technique right.

I borrowed one of the 1st generation Woos a few years back and thought I was boosting 16m+ only to see a best recorded jump of 12m lol. Bring back Woo 1!

COOP
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Everywhere
Favorite Beaches: All Australian beaches.
Style: Freeride
Gear: North

Postby COOP » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:17 am

Well with your 50000+ jumps, huge gonads and a eye for height, I am a mere mortal.
Keep on jumping those 5 story apartment blocks while I stick to my 2-3.

kiterocky
Very Frequent Poster

Postby kiterocky » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:51 am

The new woo4 they Will change the name in woo Ego+ ...another 30% more High Jump add...more people happyy

Return to “Kitesurfing”