Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Re: Woo3 and Xensr compared

Postby Kamikuza » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:34 pm

kiterocky wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:23 pm
Until now no reality test or woovie editor...so Easy but nobody does...strane
Just to bè correct, all the Jump device are garbage ...piq woo xnser and others...
Ok then I'LL bite.

You're claiming that "all the jumping height devices are garbage". Please provide evidence to support your hypothesis.

Pemba
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Local Beach: Murrebue
Gear: Eleveight FS, Shinn Bronq
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Pemba » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:40 pm

kiterocky wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:27 pm
Pemba wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:21 pm
kiterocky wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:09 pm
No they Will never do a reality test...all of them woo piq xser ecc take more money with faith than reality( as usually)..and Yes u all are stupid if fun is based on an illusion..but its not forbidden to be stupid .enjoy
You think its stupid then to enjoy watching a film then or enjoying a novel ? Pretty judgmental... Anyways, up to you. To me they are two things.
If u Watch a movie or a novel and think its real..than Yes u are stupid...i mean star wars its not real...like the sensor Jump data..but u are free to enjoy ..but if u think they are real than maybe u are a bit stupid..until they prove It with reality test .so many people are asking than i ll buy One immediately
Sure, I agree. But I think everybody using WOO must be aware that the accuracy is dubious. I suggested that in previous post no ? But sure, those that feel/act superior because they jumped however little higher than the other guy, I'd feel that's pretty stupid as well. My problem with it is that I'm mostly kiting alone, so once you've kited in lots of wind and set a personal best, things get a bit limited. But then there's the freestyle mode. Also fun. Stupid or not..

kiterocky
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Montpellier
Gear: Wipika
Brand Affiliation: Wipika

Postby kiterocky » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:40 pm

Kamikuza wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:34 pm
kiterocky wrote:
Just to bè correct, all the Jump device are garbage ...piq woo xnser and others...
Ok then I'LL bite.

You're claiming that "all the jumping height devices are garbage". Please provide evidence to support your hypothesis.
Im not the One Who have to provide evidence...but the producer have..they earn money with device i ll buy if they prove that work as they say..when u pay something the minimum that i expect its work..wake up people

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Kamikuza » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:42 pm

deniska wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:04 pm
Kamikuza wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:31 pm
kiterocky wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:09 pm
No they Will never do a reality test...all of them woo piq xser ecc take more money with faith than reality( as usually)..and Yes u all are stupid if fun is based on an illusion..but its not forbidden to be stupid .enjoy
LOL get a load of this guy :allbegood:
he is a woo troll (maybe even a paid one :-) ), but I'll bite...
About those reality tests.. Have you ever seen KOTA? When they give riders these "toys" and then post a video of a jump with data layover?
Well anyone with a woo and gopro can do this..woovie editor will cut out all the jumps with a layover data.. super easy...

As to apple watch, that xensr app is total garbage.. I tried it a few times.. Awesome idea, but does not really work..
Using it as woo display also was a big pain.. I think they just rushed it to the market (I mean the woo app for the watch)
The only good use that I found was a GPS tracker.. It's nice to visualize long foiling cross winders..
but the watch did not last 2 months for me.. I put in on a rear bumper of my car while changing, the wind blew it off, it hit the pavement from 2 feet height and got thousands of mini cracks making it unusable.. Obviously my fault, but I was surprised how little it took.. Using $5 cheap watch now for time keeping.. that thing I can throw around and nothing happens to it..
So long as the Woo units are consistent between themselves, then they're effective for measuring a KOTA competition, no?

What data does it layover? Just the peak numbers the app shows?

I can't wear wrist watches, the straps are inevitably too short to be useful. It got worse when I broke that wrist too, pretty much on the last hole of any strap and straining at the leash. I don't miss wearing watches though :D

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Kamikuza » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:46 pm

kiterocky wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:40 pm
Kamikuza wrote:
kiterocky wrote:
Ok then I'LL bite.

Im not the One Who have to provide evidence...but the producer have..they earn money with device i ll buy if they prove that work as they say..when u pay something the minimum that i expect its work..wake up people
Yeah, bub, you do.

You make a falsifiable and testable claim, you provide the evidence to back up your assertions.

When I claim that Woo etc are 100% accurate, then I'm the one that has to pony up the evidence. You're claiming they're garbage, show us the data that lead to that conclusion or else shut the f*** up.

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Kamikuza » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:50 pm

Pemba wrote:
kiterocky wrote:
Pemba wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:21 pm

You think its stupid then to enjoy watching a film then or enjoying a novel ? Pretty judgmental... Anyways, up to you. To me they are two things.
If u Watch a movie or a novel and think its real..than Yes u are stupid...i mean star wars its not real...like the sensor Jump data..but u are free to enjoy ..but if u think they are real than maybe u are a bit stupid..until they prove It with reality test .so many people are asking than i ll buy One immediately
Sure, I agree. But I think everybody using WOO must be aware that the accuracy is dubious. I suggested that in previous post no ? But sure, those that feel/act superior because they jumped however little higher than the other guy, I'd feel that's pretty stupid as well. My problem with it is that I'm mostly kiting alone, so once you've kited in lots of wind and set a personal best, things get a bit limited. But then there's the freestyle mode. Also fun. Stupid or not..
As I've said, if the individual units are consistent between themselves then the social challenges are meaningful, or at least fun, regardless of the actual accuracy.

Has anyone done tests with two of the same versions to see if there is that consistency?

Sheesh, the party poopers. I bet they think Ozone are the best kites too...

andylc
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Exmouth
Favorite Beaches: Saunton Sands
Gear: Reedin Supermodel V3 7,9,11m, Duotone Juice 13m
Saul Custom Wave Board 138cm
Nomad Superleggera LW 142cm

Postby andylc » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:51 pm

There is little doubt that they aren’t accurate - for example I’ve run a Trace together with the Sessions app on the Apple Watch - the Trace gives results just over double that of the Sessions app. However this is not really the point. We do these things for fun, and if the device allows for a bit of fun competitiveness, and makes you push yourself a little more then it’s still worth having in my opinion, regardless of those who like to moan. I get the suggestion that they shouldn’t really use SI units when the measurement criteria are flawed, but THEYRE JUST FOR FUN!!!
Last edited by andylc on Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kiterocky
Very Frequent Poster

Postby kiterocky » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:03 pm

Kamikuza wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:46 pm
kiterocky wrote:
Kamikuza wrote:

Ok then I'LL bite.

Yeah, bub, you do.

You make a falsifiable and testable claim, you provide the evidence to back up your assertions.

When I claim that Woo etc are 100% accurate, then I'm the one that has to pony up the evidence. You're claiming they're garbage, show us the data that lead to that conclusion or else shut the f*** up.
Ok..all test between woo1 2 3 are always different...which One is correct..shut the f up u

kiterocky
Very Frequent Poster

Postby kiterocky » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:11 pm

Every new version prove the old One was wrong ..the actual One Will be wrong with the new model..they prove by themself its not real data...that s why no reality test ..

Pemba
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Local Beach: Murrebue
Gear: Eleveight FS, Shinn Bronq

Postby Pemba » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:46 pm

Kamikuza wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:50 pm
Pemba wrote:
kiterocky wrote:

As I've said, if the individual units are consistent between themselves then the social challenges are meaningful, or at least fun, regardless of the actual accuracy.

Has anyone done tests with two of the same versions to see if there is that consistency?

Sheesh, the party poopers. I bet they think Ozone are the best kites too...

Yes, you are right, fun at least for me, meaningful or not. Assuming they are consistent, they could be called WOO metres as suggested in an earlier post. WOO is marketed as a toy, at least that's written on the box I think.
There have been tests comparing woo2 with 3 (wetestkites?), I think WOO 3 was a bit more positive (higher..) significantly so I think, but not in a spectacular way (I feel). Although those are different versions, the comparison is relevant because the "social challenges" don't take the version into account. I'm pretty sure there have been other tests, at least comparing WOO2's with each other. If the social challenges are fun and meaningful or not, obviously depends on how accurate or consistent one expects them to be, which is a personal choice. For me, I really don't know how consistent the results would have to be, to be fun. But they fall within that required level obviously. And yes, calling them all garbage suggests that there are tests supporting that hypothesis.
However, I would find it disappointing if they inflate the results on purpose (they appear to be more positive with each consecutive version), even if consistent between versions.

Return to “Kitesurfing”