Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Maui First week of Nov

Forum for kitesurfers
trnsprt
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Frisco, N.C.
Favorite Beaches: Ft. Desoto, FL. Sprecklesville, HI. Hatteras National Seashore, Fire Island, NY.
Style: Learning
Gear: Slingshot Rallys, SS Wave SST's, Naish Boxer. SS Asylum. Nobile Split Hydrofoil. SS Celeritas
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Maui First week of Nov

Postby trnsprt » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:49 pm

Any pointers heading to Maui this week?

I've seen the links to the rules. I am a recovering windsurfer so I am familiar with Kanaha. kiting further West will be different. And obviously a lot of the cool spots we could windsurf are closed to kiting because of the FAA.

So, that being said, if anyone has an opinion on a favorite place to launch with the light Nov trades I'd appreciate the info.

How bad is the theft issue these days at the launches? Back in the day we never locked the cars in the Kanaha Beach park lot. We took all our stuff and left the windows rolled down to keep thieves from breaking in. I assume it's still a worry?

Any downwinder opportunity on Maui? Not bringing foils, but will have twin tips and renting surfboards if we can find some.

Thanks for any pointers in advance
Tom

John Doe
Medium Poster
Gear: The cheap kind.

Re: Maui First week of Nov

Postby John Doe » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:44 pm

Best advice I can give you is to take a 7. You will be pissed if it blows hard & you don't have one. Seen that mistake several times :D

Return to “Kitesurfing”