Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

woo2 vs. Woo3 and why I've recommended upgrading for higher jumps

Forum for kitesurfers
a99
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2013
Gear: North, SabMoses, Flysurfer, Liquid Force, Blade, Xenon.
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: woo2 vs. Woo3 and why I've recommended upgrading for higher jumps

Postby a99 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:43 pm

As this strange craziness of software boosted woo results conti nuess and people still buying it i suggest woo can release woo4 with already everyones wanted results- you jump real 10 meters and will get 100 meter in display, will jump 15 meters and will get 150m, everyone willl be safe and happy, so, why we must wait such boosted results till woo10 version, i think woo alteady can deliver everyones wanted heights on woo4:)
If to cheat than cheat honest :)

Kitemenn
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Maasvlakte / Slufter
Gear: North Evo 11-7m / Lieuwe Shotgun

Postby Kitemenn » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:25 am

Your missing the point of Leon's question...there is no discussion on heights again, nor on new WOOs! The simple question is, what has changed with the new software release this week?

There is no communication from WOO, No updates since months, also the Beta app expired (with no feedback on all the comments they got) I thought they just went bust and now there is a software update! So in my view a fair question on what is this update doing.

No need to start crying again about the inaccuracy or WOO4/5/6/7/8 . To make a point, there is NO better device atm to compare your jumping results atm! It might not be the holy grail but I think many of us enjoy boosting it an trying to take their skills to the next level! Just enjoy it

Leon van Bergen
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2016
Local Beach: Wijk aan Zee, Netherlands
Gear: Duotone Rebel 7,9,11 SLS ‘23 | 14m Juice Dlab | Lieuwe Shotgun

Postby Leon van Bergen » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:46 am

Thank you Kitemenn! I just wanted to write the same after reading the above comments.
I think we all have heard enough stories about inaccuration of the Woo's.
Inaccuration or not, it also helps me in the positive sense to push my boundaries.
Very bad to hear about that beta app Kitemenn, to offer and then do nothing with it is not so smart, How do they expect customers to remain loyal?

So back to my question does someone know the content of the update or can 'we find it somewhere?

joriws
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Flysurfer, HQ, Moses, Nobile, North, Ozone

Postby joriws » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:20 am

Kitemenn wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:25 am
To make a point, there is NO better device atm to compare your jumping results atm! It might not be the holy grail but I think many of us enjoy boosting it an trying to take their skills to the next level! Just enjoy it
Why there is no better device? PIQ does "boosting and trick scoring" at the same time AFAIK. Woo does only one of those (either boost or trick). Developing your own skill your own relative performance is important and if PIQ is consistent enough between jumps and sessions it does exactly the same as woo - how *I* am progressing with my skill. Problem is that on Woo3 we know that it reports set's highest "jump" when on video there is no jump. Then you upload your leaderboard to Woo site and it was not even a jump.

Following test has very limited jumps to make a conclusion. But PIQ looks similar to Woo on results.
https://www.wetestkites.com/2016/07/31/ ... me-part-1/

Kitemenn
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Maasvlakte / Slufter
Gear: North Evo 11-7m / Lieuwe Shotgun

Postby Kitemenn » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:41 am

Hi Joriws to me PIQ and WOO are comparible with both having their own share of benefits and downsides. However the test you are referring to is from 2016...loads have changed since. TBH PIQ isnt changing much either and the company behind it is significantly larger, they also compete in the market of other sports so their technology development could go much faster in my view!
Also there are some debates on accuracy for PIQ which I think are in the same line as for the WOO which brings me back to the fact enjoy boosting/progressing (whichever device)!

Nevertheless what did WOO do in the meantime and what does the firmware update brought us...is it just small bug fixing/height corrections or what?

HugoMC
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Dolly
Style: Freeride
Gear: Gaastra Pure :)

Postby HugoMC » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:14 am

The westestkites tests the woo 2.0 version against the piq and not the woo 3.0. I would be interested to see a comparison against the piq and the woo 3.0.

Leon van Bergen
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Leon van Bergen » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:15 am

Answer from Woo about the last Firmware update;

Hi Leon,

the changelog of the WOO firmware that was released 10 days ago includes a fix for an issue with the battery that some users were experiencing. Please always keep your WOO up to date with the latest firmware because we're always trying to fix bugs if there are any, improve the algorithm, and make the firmware more efficient.

cheers,
Mark

DietKiter
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Tarifa (Spain), Deprano (Grrece)
Favorite Beaches: Lagoa de Cauipe (Cumbuco_Brasil), Stagnone (Marsala_Italy)
Style: FreeStyle, Wake Style
Gear: Cabrinha FX with North Gambler
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby DietKiter » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:41 am

Hi Leon, in which way I can check the firmware, I've the 2.0 and I beleive the last update i saw was almost 1y ago also because I'm facing some connection problems and the download of the session is like a nightmare.

Thanks for helping

Leon van Bergen wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:15 am

Hi Leon,

the changelog of the WOO firmware that was released 10 days ago includes a fix for an issue with the battery that some users were experiencing. Please always keep your WOO up to date with the latest firmware because we're always trying to fix bugs if there are any, improve the algorithm, and make the firmware more efficient.

cheers,
Mark

Leon van Bergen
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Leon van Bergen » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:01 pm

DietKiter wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:41 am
Hi Leon, in which way I can check the firmware, I've the 2.0 and I beleive the last update i saw was almost 1y ago also because I'm facing some connection problems and the download of the session is like a nightmare.

Thanks for helping

Leon van Bergen wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:15 am

Hi Leon,

cheers,
Mark
Hi Dietkiter,

when connecting/reading you should automatically get a pop-up when an update is available.
I have the Woo 3 so I dont know when or if they still update the 2.0 version.
To receive help for your problems you can always send a email to support@woosports.com, they are always very helpfull.

DietKiter
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Tarifa (Spain), Deprano (Grrece)
Favorite Beaches: Lagoa de Cauipe (Cumbuco_Brasil), Stagnone (Marsala_Italy)
Style: FreeStyle, Wake Style
Gear: Cabrinha FX with North Gambler
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby DietKiter » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:26 pm

Tks Mate

Return to “Kitesurfing”