k2thiago
Medium Poster
Style: Big Air, Freeride, Photography
Gear: Core XR5
Nexus
Harlem Light
Shinn Bronq
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Cymatic (Tomo MPH) in kiteconstruction?

Postby k2thiago » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:59 am

Jan:) wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:01 pm
I got one of the first heliums in kite construction and it is still pretty much undamaged after more than a year.
Overall it is quite a bit more robust that the FST I had before.

The FST had serious heel dents after half a year, the helium has almost no dents at all.
It also seems like the helium does ding less, but that may also just be luck.
What are the diferences between the normal HE and the HE kite constructions? I did not have the opportunity to see one yet. Is it much more havier than the normal one?

RalfsB
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: Beaches close to Riga, Latvia
Style: Freeride
Gear: Kites: Ozone, Naish, HQ4, Gin; Boards: Gong and Alpine foil, Machado Moonbeam, a bunch of boards that I shaped

Postby RalfsB » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:48 pm

I was just working on converting my Moonbeam LFT board to "kite construction", adding the footstrap inserts. The original deck layer of the board is quite thin, feels to me like a single layer of 200 gram glass cloth or so. Definitely needs to be reinforced for kitesurfing.

SonnyRider
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Local Beach: A muddy estuary 40 miles from home called Weston super mare.
Favorite Beaches: So many. In no particular order - Outer Hebrides, Wales, Cornwall, Mauritius, Cape Verde, Portugal, Brazil, Barbados, Sardinia
Style: Strapless surfboard & strapless foiling
Gear: Airush Wave 7, 9, 10, Ultra v2's 7, 10, 14 and sometimes my GF's Airush Diamonds, 5.5, 7, 9, 12, Varial X 14m

Firewire Evo Helium 5'3" , Airush Converse 6'. Shinn Mega k carbon with a 75cm mast. Building a 120 carbon pocket board
Brand Affiliation: I like the build & ethics and kites from Airush. I've had Ozone, Liquid Force, PLKB, Flexifoil

Postby SonnyRider » Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:01 pm

longwhitecloud wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:41 am
has anyone got a firewire helium still in one piece after a year, i love light boards... they are sooooblight
I got my 5'3" Evo in helium July 2017. It is light, I can't use it to hold down my kite, I have to sand the board or it goes for a bounce down the beach :cry:

It's still in one piece. I did fit a WFD full deck pad when it arrived, for foot comfort and to help the deck. I also put helicopter tape around the rails.

I've had a lot of sessions on it, at many spots in differing conditions,from knee high to just over head high, it's been taken by many waves and dumped on the shoreline. It has been blown along the beach in strong winds.

I weigh 95kgs

It's still intact.

Does it have any heel dent? No idea, but it's still water tight and I still love it in the conditions it was bought for. Sometimes I'm also using it in stronger conditions than it was bought or designed for.

RalfsB
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: Beaches close to Riga, Latvia
Style: Freeride
Gear: Kites: Ozone, Naish, HQ4, Gin; Boards: Gong and Alpine foil, Machado Moonbeam, a bunch of boards that I shaped

Postby RalfsB » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:58 pm

Firewire LFT to kite construction:
- added inserts
- laminated with a layer of carbon + thin glass cloth
- painted, added traction pads and footstraps
moonbeam-123-web.png

surfinsmiley
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2003
Weight: 82kg
Local Beach: Taranaki
Style: Surf & Big Kite boosting!
Gear: Turbine. WOW. Rally.
Has thanked: 0

Postby surfinsmiley » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:21 pm

I would really like to see a Cymatic in kite construction!!! I've been paddle surfing one for nearly a year now and it's the most amazing surfboard ever.

I thought the same thing when the Evo was released. Got a paddle surf version and then a kite version. Still have them both and they are in really good condition considering I've spent literally 100's of hours riding them.

A helium tech, kite construction 5'0" is my current dream board😎. Hope it comes to fruition in the not too distant future!

Return to “Kitesurfing”