Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Will we see the first foil kite at King of the Air 2019?

Forum for kitesurfers
kitejumping
Medium Poster
Gear: Peter Lynn and Flysurfer kites

Re: Will we see the first foil kite at King of the Air 2019?

Postby kitejumping » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:25 pm

knotmyfault wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:09 pm
Adventure Logs wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:34 am
Pump me up wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:04 pm

What a disastrous advertisement for ram airs!! Check out the ram air kite collapsing and deforming between 28s -> 34s. This could've easily ended in tears, injuring the rider and/or the windsurfers. It really emphasises the inherent dangerousness and instability of ram airs: because of excessive kite drag, the rider boosted while his kite was still deep in the window, causing him to pendulum under the kite. Then, because the ram air kite is soft and floppy, it collapsed and then partially re-expanded in the middle of the wind window; it then fell to the water in a completely uncontrolled manner. It was only luck that prevented a windsurfer from being in the line of fire.

Ignore the lies. Ram airs are inferior vs inflatables.

:pump:
So you’re basing your bullshit on a 10 year old foil design? Shows how outdated you are on your argument. Basically irrelevant.
:bye:

New designs are waaaayyyy better....

Lol that screen shot is from my video. That same day all the LEIs were sitting on the ground waiting for wind while I was riding circles around them, or they were working them all day just to get moving while I was jumping and doing backrolls around them. Since snowkiting has no real minimum wind needed to get moving there are TONS of days when i'm roaming around and all the people flying LEIs are sitting around watching waiting for wind.

kitexpert
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: many kites, also diy
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby kitexpert » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:54 pm

kitejumping wrote: Since snowkiting has no real minimum wind needed to get moving there are TONS of days when i'm roaming around and all the people flying LEIs are sitting around watching waiting for wind.
If you know how to use a big LEI limit of minimum wind is very low for snowkiting. Many LEI users actually don't know how to use their kites in low winds. I've slightly embarrassed my kite fellows couple of times by asking if I can try after they have failed with their kites and then showed it is possible to get going and even to come back (which is the most difficult thing in extremely low wind).

Late years I have done very light wind kiting only occasionally, but when I was young and more keen on snowkiting I did it a lot. But if surface is good and sun is shining I still enjoy doing it.

kitejumping
Medium Poster
Gear: Peter Lynn and Flysurfer kites

Postby kitejumping » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:07 pm

kitexpert wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:54 pm
kitejumping wrote: Since snowkiting has no real minimum wind needed to get moving there are TONS of days when i'm roaming around and all the people flying LEIs are sitting around watching waiting for wind.
If you know how to use a big LEI limit of minimum wind is very low for snowkiting. Many LEI users actually don't know how to use their kites in low winds. I've slightly embarrassed my kite fellows couple of times by asking if I can try after they have failed with their kites and then showed it is possible to get going and even to come back (which is the most difficult thing in extremely low wind).

Late years I have done very light wind kiting only occasionally, but when I was young and more keen on snowkiting I did it a lot. But if surface is good and sun is shining I still enjoy doing it.
The low end is pretty low on an LEI if you have the skills, but the dacron in the leading edge will always weigh more than ultralight skytex, unless they start using dyneema composite fabric for the leading edge.

longwhitecloud
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Master Baiter. Oracle of windsport.
Gear: 2 sets of Flysurfer VMGs 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 15, 18. Foilboards ( Masts 75 90 110 125 Wings 880 950 1100 1350 1750) all with Ronix Ones attached. Soon to retire to Wingfoiling.

Postby longwhitecloud » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:22 pm

for sure bad luck

my point is that i hope they reduce the ambiguity with regards to some of the trick examples i gave and similar, before the comp .. not deciding during the heat amongst the judges.

That way the riders will know how tricks will be scored, there has been a bit of guess work in the past which makes preparation difficult and judging controversial/ambiguous. Unecessary if judges are professional in their conduct.

does KLs huge double back roll beats a massive KL KGB?

that is one important question, answers with height differences needed.

Judging and judge professionalism.Transparency.

Return to “Kitesurfing”