News about prasonisi

Forum for kitesurfers
simokite
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

News about prasonisi

Postby simokite » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:03 pm

Hi guys,
I have been in Praso last time on july 2017...unfortunately mazut power station should have started its operation last summer... Some news about it? Someone who spent his holiday there last year could report situation? Pollution in the water? Bad air etc...?
Thanks a lot

simokite
Rare Poster

Re: News about prasonisi

Postby simokite » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:15 am

At the end, last summer we went back to brazil... Top as usual... But in this covid summer greece could be a really good option... Someone can answer to my old question?

macka
Rare Poster
Local Beach: north wales
Favorite Beaches: west shore
Style: freeride
Gear: flexifoil shinn
Been thanked: 0

Postby macka » Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:02 pm

I was there beginning of October 2019, but was my first visit and have nothing to compare with regarding previous air/water quality. I scored a sweet session as was only there four days and would definitely return in the future. Had great deal at the nice hotel up the road due to the time of year!

picekjeas
Rare Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby picekjeas » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:51 am

simokite wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:15 am
At the end, last summer we went back to brazil... Top as usual... But in this covid summer greece could be a really good option... Someone can answer to my old question?
I was there august 2019 and planning to come back next month. Prasonisi is still the same. I saw mazut plant on the way to the beach, but I did not feel any polution on the water or air on the beach. Maybe just some smell when you pass the plant with car.

Kash
Rare Poster
Favorite Beaches: Canos del Meca
Style: Hooked in tricks, looping, bigairs
Gear: Core GTS4 10m/15m.
Core XR6 8m/10m
Core Section 3 8m
Carved Imperator 6

Postby Kash » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:50 pm

Prasonisi was arleady one of the dirtiest spots I have ever been to (in May 2018). Kited for few days on both sides. Tons of plastic, washed out sea weed (that gets washed back in into the bay every couple of days) and even rotting large sea animals (like sea turtles) were things I was really surprised. The off-shore part (offshore wind, flat water) is fine tho.

If you are looking for a clean spot (that resembles anything exotic) to enjoy, this one is not your top pick anyway..

Return to “Kitesurfing”