Local Beach: Brouwersdam
Style: Hydrofoil - Big Air
Gear: Infexion bars
Brand Affiliation: Infexion

Re: Duotone Line Test - wtf?!

Postby evan » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:23 am

kite_hh wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:00 am
I currently use a Cabrinha and North bar.

Both from around 2014/2015. The lines on the North are much less rigid compared to the Cabrinha lines (which I like) which are really stiff and make a more durable impression on me.

At first I thought this was a quality issue, but by reading around I got the impression it is due to a different material and there is no underlying quality issue.

Just recently I inspected both bar lines thoroughly for safety reasons. I couldn't find any issue on both of them. They work just fine and I trust both of them fully.

Is it maybe only the recent lines (after 2014) that have deteriorated in quality? Mine are totally fine.
What do you consider fine?

Look right behind sleeves, where the hard shrink wrap stops. North lines will deteriorate there first and if they become fluffy they lost already half their strength.
If that is a safety issue depends on your weight and riding style. Just cruizing, waveriding or foiling might be ok, but a big chance they snap in a big air/megaloop session.

Return to “Kitesurfing”