Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Ruben Lenten gets AMP'd on Ozone

Postby Toby » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:37 am

Ozone News:

Ruben Lenten joins Ozone

ozone 1.png
ozone 1.png (549.04 KiB) Viewed 3218 times

The whole Ozone team have followed Ruben Lenten since the early beginnings of his Kiting career and have admired his dedication and commitment to growing the sport. Our paths have crossed several times and we are now stoked to have Ruben officially become part of the Ozone team. Renowned for pushing the more extreme side of Kitesurfing his whole ethos resonates with being driven by the elements, consistently being inspired by nature’s most brutal conditions.

We are excited to welcome Ruben on board as our Brand Ambassador, as a top level rider he knows all too well the importance of having the most high-end and efficient equipment possible whilst taking performance and innovation into account. Ruben will continue to drive the growth of Kitesurfing, together with Ozone's continual drive for producing innovative performance equipment this is a perfect match.

Ruben is a legend in the industry, his enthusiastic passion for the sport is contagious for anyone who comes in contact, He is dedicated to inspire people to send it and live life to the fullest. We are thrilled to have him riding our equipment and representing us on the combined mission to push kitesurfing to the next level.

A very warm & windy welcome to the team Ruben!

Ruben will be riding our newest release, the AMP V1. Representing a new paradigm in C-Kite design the AMP is a progressive yet user-friendly freestyle and park style kite. Offering amateur to pro the response, feedback and control to take their riding to the next level.

ozone 2.png
ozone 2.png (191.14 KiB) Viewed 3218 times

PREDICTABLE & ADAPTABLE
The design team focused on creating a kite that was both predictable and adaptable for hooked and un-hooked riding.

The AMP has been developed to grow with you; no longer are the progressive kites for just the Professionals!

FREESTYLE PROGRESSION
Whether you’re learning your first un-hooked raley, boosting kite loops, or styling out advanced park and freestyle manoeuvers, the AMP will keep you in control with the highest level of feedback, predictable turning speed and a similar feeling precisely tuned across all sizes.

It is ultra smooth to fly and provides inspirational confidence to go for it!

PERFORMANCE SETTINGS
The AMP features three unique and easily interchangeable performance settings to compliment your skill set and riding needs:

ozone 3.jpg
ozone 3.jpg (74.11 KiB) Viewed 3218 times

FIND OUT MORE

RUBEN'S REVIEW

"At first I played around with the settings on the bridles and it blew me away how you can change the kite so much with only a tiny adjustment. Finding my favourite setting and riding it in stronger winds really made me fall in love with the feel and performance of this kite.

The Amp is great for going big and looping, it has got great power and steers amazingly well and you can feel where the kite is at all times. On the other setting the kite is a bit more forgiving, so a bit less power and great for unhooking too.

I believe a lot of people will enjoy flying this awesome kite along with the Torque board that is not only beautifully made and designed but also rides like a charm. Super fast, direct and great grip with the right flex and rocker for insane pops and smooth landing"

CONTROL SYSTEMS

ozone 4.gif
ozone 4.gif (1.04 MiB) Viewed 3218 times

The AMP can be set up with both our Wakestyle or Contact Water V4 Control Systems. Featuring our latest innovation, the Click-in Loop; an all-new push-away quick release with an innovative one-step Click-In reload function that is incredibly intuitive.

TORQUE V1

ozone 5.png
ozone 5.png (88.2 KiB) Viewed 3218 times

To compliment the riding style of the AMP our performance freestyle/freeride twin tip, the Torque is the perfect companion.

https://ozonekites.com/products/kiteboards/torque-v1/

THERE’S NO NEED TO FEEL LEFT BEHIND, JOIN THE PROGRESSION AND STAY AMP’D!

knyfe
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Ruben Lenten gets AMP'd on Ozone

Postby knyfe » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:40 am

oh they are starting to reuse kite names now as they reached the end of the list? Wipika Apm'ed anyone. Loved that kite - until I ripped it in half mid air on a huge jump ;-) .

Great to see Ruben back with a great company. Good luck.

a99
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2013
Gear: North, SabMoses, Flysurfer, Liquid Force, Blade, Xenon.
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby a99 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:22 pm

Nice to hear that Ruben keep running well. I know what Ozone making great flying kites but still their design and colors is really not attractive for me. Looks like their designer using still window 95 operating system or maybe even Dos and communicating via Nokia 3110 phone :) :)

GTC
Frequent Poster
Gear: Naish

Postby GTC » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:30 pm

a99 wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:22 pm
Nice to hear that Ruben keep running well. I know what Ozone making great flying kites but still their design and colors is really not attractive for me. Looks like their designer using still window 95 operating system or maybe even Dos and communicating via Nokia 3110 phone :) :)
So you prioritize design over performance?
These users thanked the author GTC for the post (total 2):
Ulrik (Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:05 pm) • kjorn (Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:14 pm)
Rating: 6.06%

Da Yoda
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Style: Strapless Freestyle, Wave, Freeride
Gear: Handmade Surfboards

Postby Da Yoda » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:45 pm

I'm curious if Ruben will remain sponsored by Mystic moving forward. Now that NAG and Mystic have come together, I would think it would be a conflict of interest. :duel:

ScoopZ
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Scotland.
Style: Catching bumps/carving.
Gear: Ozone 2014 Cats - 10/12.
Airush 5'6" Cypher
Airush Sector 60.

Postby ScoopZ » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:19 pm

Pretty cool that Ruben is now official, he's been on them for ages on instagram. Pat Rebstock and Kai Lenny are spending a lot of time flying ozones too...

Kitemenn
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Maasvlakte / Slufter
Gear: North Evo 11-7m / Lieuwe Shotgun

Postby Kitemenn » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:03 pm

Da Yoda wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:45 pm
I'm curious if Ruben will remain sponsored by Mystic moving forward. Now that NAG and Mystic have come together, I would think it would be a conflict of interest. :duel:
Ruben get's sponsor deals with many different brands...seems like he is doing a different joint venture every 6 months

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:05 pm

Could be...curious as well if he keeps staying with them now that North and Mystic are joint.

alunj
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Andulucia
Favorite Beaches: Viana , Fresh West, Le Morne
Style: Wave
Gear: Duotone, JP custom

Postby alunj » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:11 pm

This is what he said to me on Facebook... as I asked the same question. Given Ozone have no accessory or waterwear line It seems a good choice for him.

Ruben Lenten Thanks Alun Jenkins, glad to hear you also love the products. Hard not to. :-) Yes staying w Mystic, you'll see. Got a nice line cooking for 2019! :-) Cheers.

a99
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2013
Gear: North, SabMoses, Flysurfer, Liquid Force, Blade, Xenon.

Postby a99 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:53 pm

GTC wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:30 pm
a99 wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:22 pm
So you prioritize design over performance?
I'm not prioritize design, but i think to make good graphics on kite in our days is very simple way - lot of good designers and pro programs.
I think past North kites of 2017-2018 years had best design and flying scores in general, especially green, black opium colors options on kites look amazing.
Duotone 2019 kites graphics is one step down for sure. By the way from unknown brands ODO kites design looks also great and very solid, but i don't know how their fly in reality.

Return to “Kitesurfing”