Style: having fun
Gear: Slingshot REV 9 + 13mtr
Airush protoy 135
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby kitemaster » Tue Nov 26, 2002 11:27 am

Hi,

During the winter time I alway's kite on a small pool with a maximum depth of 1.8 mtr. So if it get's really cold I stil can stand. In the old day's when I still was windsurfing I had a hyperturmia one time when I went sailing with only 5 °c.

The pool is to small and the wind is very gusty so my question is, is there still somebody kiting at the Brouwersdam during the winter and is it colder then a small pool.

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 26, 2002 1:11 pm

the sea keeps a higher water temperature opposed to a small lake (looses its warmth faster) in winter. in summer inverse effect.
(I am talking about the north sea here)

Anon

Geronymous
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Geronymous » Tue Nov 26, 2002 6:00 pm

We go to Herkingen (opposite the Grevelingendam): You have undeep water (up to waist) for a few hundred meters. Kited there last weekend, and it didn't feel cold at all, as you are (almost) always out of the water. The nice sun helped of course...

See you there!

Return to “Kitesurfing”