Why none of the top 50 use Ram Airs?

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Sat Jan 11, 2003 8:10 pm

Is Peter Trow in the top 50?

Andres_Santacruz
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: All Mexico: Laguna de Tecocomulco, Hidalgo. Acapulco, Guerrero. Boca del Rio, Veracruz.
Favorite Beaches: Progreso, Yucatan. El Revolcadero, Acapulco, Guerrero. La Ventana, Baja California Sur, Mexico. Ilho do Guajiru, Ceara, Brazil.
Style: Big Air and waves and freestyle.
Gear: Ozone Kites: Reo V3 8m, Edge V9 8m, C4 2015 10m, Edge V9 13m, Chrono V3 15m, Ozone Zephyr V5 17m. Core XR5 10m.
Boards: Fone Acid 132 2016, ASP NZ Stealth Custom 135, Axis Limited 140 2018, Axis Ultra 144 2015,Axis New Wave 5'8" Surf, Fone Mitu 5'4 2017 Surf, Camet Custom 139 Foilboard and Alpine Foil Access V3 Foil, Naish Alaia Strapless
Brand Affiliation: I sell Ozone,Core,Slingshot,Naish,F-ONE,Crazy Fly,Axis,Mystic,Manera,Pro-Limit & Dakine.

Postby Andres_Santacruz » Sat Jan 11, 2003 8:12 pm

I don't know if he is competing right now, but he has been many times in the past. If you want to see some videos of him in action in the waves (that are really good), check out http://www.stretchboards.com
Andres
Besides, who has an accurate top 50 list anyway?

niko
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby niko » Sat Jan 11, 2003 8:17 pm

its winter men, so if its cold outside keep that in your mind and ....

...................KEEP COOL ...............

everybody can ride what he wants.
There are no kites on the tour for there are not so much foil riders and there is no sponsoring.

Of course this says a lot about kites.

Andres_Santacruz
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: All Mexico: Laguna de Tecocomulco, Hidalgo. Acapulco, Guerrero. Boca del Rio, Veracruz.
Favorite Beaches: Progreso, Yucatan. El Revolcadero, Acapulco, Guerrero. La Ventana, Baja California Sur, Mexico. Ilho do Guajiru, Ceara, Brazil.
Style: Big Air and waves and freestyle.
Gear: Ozone Kites: Reo V3 8m, Edge V9 8m, C4 2015 10m, Edge V9 13m, Chrono V3 15m, Ozone Zephyr V5 17m. Core XR5 10m.
Boards: Fone Acid 132 2016, ASP NZ Stealth Custom 135, Axis Limited 140 2018, Axis Ultra 144 2015,Axis New Wave 5'8" Surf, Fone Mitu 5'4 2017 Surf, Camet Custom 139 Foilboard and Alpine Foil Access V3 Foil, Naish Alaia Strapless
Brand Affiliation: I sell Ozone,Core,Slingshot,Naish,F-ONE,Crazy Fly,Axis,Mystic,Manera,Pro-Limit & Dakine.

Postby Andres_Santacruz » Sat Jan 11, 2003 8:25 pm

So, if you are not a lawyer or an accountant, they you must be an economist!
What is your problem with me?
You seem to be very disinformed if you don't know who these people are.
And you were talking about aerodynamics, that includes power in a kite, you really don't know what you are talking about because there is no kite more stable than the 9.3 warrior. Power vs cost, the ram air is much better than most inflatables.
It's really funny how you can make those judgements about my character and way of thinking when you don't know me at all, you must be telepathic or something!
I would suggest opening your own 1-800 psychic hotline, you could make a fortune!
I'm not going to continue this childish discussion, if you want to discuss, do it like an adult, with respect and an open mind, and with facts and proof. By the way, i am a mechanical and electronic engineer, and i do know my shit, contrary to what you "KNOW" about me
Go kitesuf, that way you might get less aggresive,
Ciao monsieur economiste
Andres

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Andres_Santacruz on 2003-01-11 20:27 ]</font>

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Sat Jan 11, 2003 8:59 pm

there will be FS teamriders joining the Pro Tour this year.

And I think that is great!

I ride tubes myself, but the future will tell, which type will be better.
Maybe in 5 years there will be only foils on the market and then I will repost these discussions... :wink:

And maybe there won't be any foils on the water as well? we don't know yet.

Everyone does fly the equimpent they choose anyway,so what is the problem with tubes-foils?

I can't see any problem.

All I know is that we are ALL kiters, nothing less !!!

So keep the spirit alive!

Toby

Rv
Frequent Poster

Postby Rv » Sat Jan 11, 2003 9:51 pm

My kite's better than your kite, nyaanyaa! :wink:

Pedro Marcos
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Pedro Marcos » Sat Jan 11, 2003 10:25 pm

Foils are more aerodinamic then LEI´s that´s for sure.

Postby Guest » Sat Jan 11, 2003 10:46 pm

I like Peter Trow, he makes a mean Bloody Ceasar!

RC-Kiter
Frequent Poster

Postby RC-Kiter » Sat Jan 11, 2003 11:36 pm

For some of you foil-haters out there it's nice to read this post on Chris Calthrop's homepage on foils (blade) vs LEI (storm): http://www.k48.com/bladeinflatable.htm

He has an open mind on things and uses both types. And says clearly what he prevers.

In summarry, both kite types (2002 models onwards) function exceptionally well for kitesurfing. But please stop this foil-hate, even though 90% of the world flys LEI this doesn't mean we should all follow this way?

At some beaches/forums the LEI flyers are just waiting for the 1 foil-kiter out to make a mistake and prove their precious point that foil kites are shit (Even though there are 10 LEI flyers which also screw up bad, but hey, this doesn't count/get noticed), even though none of them has even flown them personally and got all their information out of second hand knowledge.

Taina Kite
Medium Poster

Postby Taina Kite » Sat Jan 11, 2003 11:41 pm

Did you see The top 96 for the PKRA at http://www.pkra.info/Rankings/Rankings.htm
There was a foil there at about 90 something, now someone tell me what the hell Royces name is doing on that list.

Tai

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Taina Kite on 2003-01-12 02:21 ]</font>

Return to “Kitesurfing”