Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Pansh Aurora2 19m with Zeeko Carver

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
Regis-de-giens
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 62 kg
Local Beach: France: St Laurent du Var, Cannes, Almanarre
Style: 62 kg , light wind, waves
Gear: Conceptair pulsion 18&15&12S, OR Flite 10m , Airush One 9&6, peak 5M , Rally 6, Elf 11 &7, 19m2 single skin proto.
foil Ketos, RCS Supreme, TBK Mana, snowskis, kite-boat
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Pansh Aurora2 19m with Zeeko Carver

Postby Regis-de-giens » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:52 pm

Sergio,
In which country are you riding ? I must say I admire your skills on HF and race kite.
Do you actually think that all the complexity of the sketches you show above is worth it ? To me i would simply suggest to either stock to traditionnal 1 : 1 or modify to 1 : 2 if depower stroke or turning definitelly need to be improved (Like very large aurora for example) ; race kites with their limited chord do not need this more complexe 1 : 2 set-up IMO.

Windigo1
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Foil foil.. and Old School!
Gear: Too many to list

Postby Windigo1 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:49 am

I made a custom 80cm bar for my Aurora2 22m works great it still slow but it's a 22m with 30m lines. The kite is insane I'm 220 and I can ride in 6 knots on huge door. I find I don't need it with the Hydrofoil 15m is big enough!

mrandrewandrade
Rare Poster
Local Beach: In Canada: Long Beach, Long Point, Turkey Point, Nickle Beach, Sauble Beach Oliphant
In France: la nautique, leucate, VN
Favorite Beaches: La nautique in France
Style: Freeride
Gear: Switch Element, Nitro and Helium
Been thanked: 0

Postby mrandrewandrade » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:23 am

What does your custom bar look like Windigo1?

Windigo1
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Windigo1 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:37 pm

You can see it a bit in this picture. I used the plastic ends from an old bar an aluminum tube for the actual bar and a clamp on hole. The tube is covered with bike foam grip for handlebars. The chicken loop is from Switch and I made the depower setup myself with Amsteel and a pulley from a chandler and a cleat. It's a lot of trouble but I've been building and customizing bars for year and I enjoy doing it. All my old bars have been modified to have modern CL, depower with a cleat single line flagging etc..
Attachments
Aurora.jpg

Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Peter_Frank » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:34 pm

Windigo1 wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:49 am
I made a custom 80cm bar for my Aurora2 22m works great it still slow but it's a 22m with 30m lines. The kite is insane I'm 220 and I can ride in 6 knots on huge door. I find I don't need it with the Hydrofoil 15m is big enough!

A 22 m2 corresponds to a 16.5 m2 for the average weight.

For many, a 17 m2 does not start earlier than a 15 or 13 m2, but way more fight toeside when powered besides being slower, so makes sense that the 22 is almost "overkill" for you on a hydrofoil.

Much better for racing in light winds of course, with the big ones, but not your choice I assume and more freeride oriented ?
Racers use 20-21 m2 foilkites now in light conditions.

For non-foil boards, the 22 must be awesome for you and spot on :thumb:

8) PF

Windigo1
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Windigo1 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:23 pm

Yes you are right Peter I am just starting the foil thing at the moment I have a Shinn setup with the big wing it provides so much lift and it's designed not to go too fast. The 22M is not needed with that foil you can foil almost at the speed of walking. For a high performance foil going really fast I think a large kite would be beneficial in below 10 knots. When I can gybe and I feel comfortable on the slow foil I'll move to a faster setup and I may use it.

With the door it works well because even if it's slow you can take all the time you want to change direction and you won't sink. You can also ride in a few inches of water and stop when the wind is down and you have to work the kite to keep it in the air.

Return to “Hydrofoil”