Very Frequent Poster
Style: wave foiling
Gear: This and that
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Ideal foil depth for wave foiling?

Postby slowboat » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:15 am

ap888 wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:30 am
Well...I’m debating on 91 or 101 for my 633 when I get it in the spring like I said I kite on Lake Huron it can get quite choppy/short between waves my current foil is slingshot hover glide with 90cm mast and it’s just long enough for some sessions not breaching surface going over big chop/waves and would be nice with 101... im not sure if it’s worth staying 91 is the carving and wave riding that much better...? with 10cm shorter mast :)
Not sure about Lake Huron, but where I ride in waves, a 101 mast would be a nightmare for getting through the beach break.

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Re: Ideal foil depth for wave foiling?

Postby Kamikuza » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:31 am

slowboat wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:15 am
ap888 wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:30 am
Well...I’m debating on 91 or 101 for my 633 when I get it in the spring like I said I kite on Lake Huron it can get quite choppy/short between waves my current foil is slingshot hover glide with 90cm mast and it’s just long enough for some sessions not breaching surface going over big chop/waves and would be nice with 101... im not sure if it’s worth staying 91 is the carving and wave riding that much better...? with 10cm shorter mast :)
Not sure about Lake Huron, but where I ride in waves, a 101 mast would be a nightmare for getting through the beach break.
Same. It's only neck deep several hundred meters from shore at the lake, with "sand bars" near the river mouth and scattered in random locations. I suppose I could just bugger off upwind, but then I get onto the swell and next thing you know, I'm near the shore again :D

Return to “Hydrofoil”